Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting delete oldest images from remote server Post 302226261 by Franklin52 on Monday 18th of August 2008 03:49:00 PM
Old 08-18-2008
You can do something like:

Code:
ls -1tr *.jpg |sed '$d'|xargs rm -f

but try this first to be sure you get the desired files:

Code:
ls -1tr *.jpg |sed '$d'|xargs ls -l

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files not accessed on a remote server and delete - Help!

Hi Guys, I am currently working on a script to find all the files that have not been accessed for the past 2 years. This, i guess has been discussed n number of times in this forum. Now, my requirement is to find all the files in the remote windows server. I have it mounted in unix. I was... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bond_bhai
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

delete files on a remote server

Hi Guys, I am currently working on a script to find all the files that have not been accessed for the past 2 years. This, i guess has been discussed n number of times in this forum. Now, my requirement is to find all the files in the remote windows server. I have it mounted in unix. I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bond_bhai
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort files by date, delete oldest, if total size bigger than

hello people i need your help please i want to achieve the following with the simplest, most efficient shell-tools: i have a directory with a lot of files from users. the script should check which partition the dir is on if the partition with the directory is more than 90% full ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scarfake
2 Replies

4. AIX

Get the list, filter and delete the files on remote server

Hi, I need to login to a remote server. Go to a particular path. Get the lists of files on that path.There may be n number of files. I need to delete only those files from above created list which are 7 days older. I have achieved above using ftp protocol, but now the constraint has... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mail_amitnagpal
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Not Sure How to Look for Not Used Images On the Server

Hello All: I a website with over 1800 pages in all HTML and I am trying to figure out, what is the best way for me to see when the image files were last accessed. Reason being, I am sure I have images in there that were not deleted when a page was taken offline or whatever and I would like... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmsquillace
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To delete the oldest files in a file when file count in the folder exceeds 7

Hi All, I need to delete the oldest file in folder when the file count in the folder exceed 6 ( i have a process that puts the source files into this folder ) E.x : Folder : /data/opt/backup 01/01/2012 a.txt 01/02/2012 b.txt ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akshay01987
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sudo connect to a remote server and execute scripts in remote server

Hello Every one!! I am trying to write a shell script which will connect to a remote server and execute scripts which are at a certain path in the remote server. Before this I am using a sudo command to change the user. The place where I am stuck is, I am able to connect to the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: masubram
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script connect to remote server, not find files and exit only from remote server, but not from scrip

I have a script, which connecting to remote server and first checks, if the files are there by timestamp. If not I want the script exit without error. Below is a code TARFILE=${NAME}.tar TARGZFILE=${NAME}.tar.gz ssh ${DESTSERVNAME} 'cd /export/home/iciprod/download/let/monthly;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete oldest folder based on folder named as date

Hi, I have a script doing backup to synology server, the script create new folder each day with the date as being folder name i.e. 2018-07-30. Just before creating the new folder I want the script to find the oldest folder from the list and delete it including its content. for example... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: humble_learner
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete 3 oldest files

Trying to delete my 3 oldest files. I am learning despite the many questions. This shows the files. ls -1r /media/andy/MAXTOR_SDB1/Ubuntu_Mate_18.04/Ubuntu_Documents.zip_* | tail -n+6adding this on did not work. | -exec rm {}------ Post updated at 05:43 PM ------ This works, but I... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
15 Replies
image(n)						       Tk Built-In Commands							  image(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
image - Create and manipulate images SYNOPSIS
image option ?arg arg ...? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The image command is used to create, delete, and query images. It can take several different forms, depending on the option argument. The legal forms are: image create type ?name? ?option value ...? Creates a new image and returns its name. type specifies the type of the image, which must be one of the types currently defined (e.g., bitmap). name specifies the name for the image; if it is omitted then Tk picks a name of the form imagex, where x is an integer. There may be any number of option-value pairs, which provide configuration options for the new image. The legal set of options is defined separately for each image type; see below for details on the options for built-in image types. If an image already exists by the given name then it is replaced with the new image and any instances of that image will redisplay with the new contents. It is important to note that the image command will silently overwrite any procedure that may currently be defined by the given name, so choose the name wisely. It is recommended to use a separate namespace for image names (e.g., ::img::logo, ::img::large). image delete ?name name ...? Deletes each of the named images and returns an empty string. If there are instances of the images displayed in widgets, the images won't actually be deleted until all of the instances are released. However, the association between the instances and the image manager will be dropped. Existing instances will retain their sizes but redisplay as empty areas. If a deleted image is recreated with another call to image create, the existing instances will use the new image. image height name Returns a decimal string giving the height of image name in pixels. image names Returns a list containing the names of all existing images. image type name Returns the type of image name (the value of the type argument to image create when the image was created). image types Returns a list whose elements are all of the valid image types (i.e., all of the values that may be supplied for the type argument to image create). image width name Returns a decimal string giving the width of image name in pixels. BUILT-IN IMAGE TYPES The following image types are defined by Tk so they will be available in any Tk application. Individual applications or extensions may define additional types. bitmap Each pixel in the image displays a foreground color, a background color, or nothing. See the bitmap manual entry for more informa- tion. photo Displays a variety of full-color images, using dithering to approximate colors on displays with limited color capabilities. See the photo manual entry for more information. KEYWORDS
height, image, types of images, width Tk 4.0 image(n)