Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Need a Unix simulator for XP
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Need a Unix simulator for XP Post 302226183 by era on Monday 18th of August 2008 12:26:42 PM
Old 08-18-2008
Suggest you just switch editors. On Cygwin you can run any Windows editor, although you should probably find one which copes amicably with both DOS and Unix line-ending conventions.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix Emulator Or Simulator

Hi all: I have windows XP and i want to learn UNIX SHELL PROGRAMMING! can you tell me any unix shell emulator or simulator which i can install on windows and learn unix shell programming (FOR SOME REASON I DONT WANT TO INSTALL LINUX)!!! PLEASE HELP! CHEERS (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravirajindia
2 Replies

2. AIX

AIX simulator?!

Hello I want to learn AIX 5L administration. Is there any AIX simulator which I can utilize for learning? Pit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: piooooter
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Simulator for windows Xp.

Hi, I need unix simulator, b'coz all the time I am not able to do experiment with my server machine.... plz suggest some free unix simulator.. I am using windows Xp OS. Thanks sweta. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sweta
2 Replies

4. Solaris

OpenBoot Simulator

Hi, I would like to know if it's possible find a openboot simulator for solaris to can practice some exercices Thanks a lot and sorry for my english! (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mierdatuti
11 Replies

5. Solaris

storage array simulator

hi i haven't much experience in solaris. I would like to know about storage. how to configure,how it is working etc....can i get any simulator for doing these work? plaese send me the link . please help me advance thanks to all (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sijocg
2 Replies

6. Solaris

storage simulator

hi all, i want to know how to configure CAM, how to create volumes,groups etc. one of my friend given me a simulator software. i installed that but it does not take any hard disk. how can i do the above practice in my PC. please help me waiting for your valuable suggestion thanks... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sijocg
1 Replies

7. AIX

simulator for aix

Hi I want to learn AIX administration. Is there some environment where I can install AIX ? Sth like VBox where i can install multiple systems. If there is not, please advice me what machine to buy to learn it and to not destroy my budget ? thx for help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: presul
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris- VxVM simulator

Hi, Could any one tel me VxVM simulator is available in market or can it be downloaded from any were???? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhan143
4 Replies

9. Solaris

VCS Simulator for Solaris

Hi, I just wanted to know, if VCS simulator (For Solaris) is available for free ? I will be running that on my Windows XP. If somebody have, please share the link. Regards ---------- Post updated at 08:34 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:43 AM ---------- I was able to get it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
0 Replies

10. Linux

installing NS 3 Simulator

I ve read the documentation and tried downloading from code nsnam org to no avail, though not very good in linux, what do i do? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: OSISIOMA
4 Replies
TKGATE(1)						      General Commands Manual							 TKGATE(1)

NAME
tkgate - Tcl/Tk based digital circuit editor and simulator SYNOPSIS
tkgate [-xqs] [-X script] [-l file] [-p file] [-P printer] [files...] DESCRIPTION
TkGate is a graphical editor and event driven simulator for digital circuits with a tcl/tk-based interface. Supported circuit elements include basic gates (AND, OR, etc.), tri-state gates, adders, multipliers, registers, memories and mos transistors. Hierarchical design is also supported with support for user defined modules. Save files are based on the Verilog netlist format. TkGate documentation can be found at: http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~hansen/tkgate OPTIONS
The options are as follows: -X script Automaticaly start the simulator and execute the specified simulation script. -p file Print circuit to file without starting GUI. -P printer Print circuit to printer without starting GUI. -l file Read the specified file as a library. -x Automaticaly start the simulator. -q Suppress startup messages. -s Excute with a synchronous X server connection. This option is primarily for debugging. -L lang Specify a locality to use if tkgate has been configued for Japanese support. The locality should be either "ASCII" for Eng- lish, or "ja_JP.EUC" for Japanese. This option can also be set via the LANG environment variable. HISTORY &; CREDITS TkGate begin life as an undergraduate project at Carnegie Mellon University (CMU) in 1987. At that time it was called simply 'gate' and ran under the 'wm' window manager, a windowing system developed at CMU before X11 was widely used. In this incarnation it was used by stu- dents in the computer architecture course at CMU to develop a simple microprocessor (dubbed "The Bat Computer"). After laying dormant for several years, it was resurrected in 1991 and ported to run under X11 with the Xlib API. In this incarnation it was used several times by students in the introductory digital logic course, but after the author graduated and left CMU, it went into hibernation again. This Tcl/Tk incarnation was begun in 1998. While there is certainly some cruftyness in the implementation in places due to the multiple rein- carnations, many new features have been added since the older wm and X11 versions, and the interface has been made much easier to use. SEE ALSO
gmac(1) AUTHOR
Jeffery Hansen (hansen@cmu.edu) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1987-2004 by Jeffery Hansen TKGATE(1)