Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: cmp 2 variables
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers cmp 2 variables Post 302226145 by vidyadhar85 on Monday 18th of August 2008 11:15:33 AM
Old 08-18-2008
are those variable present in same file??

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

cmp, diff need options

Hi, I am using diff filename1 filename2, as these files are of huge size,I want to know the count(n) no. of different records to be displayed on the terminal. I do not want the contents of file i mean different lines to be displayed. Cheers Kunal. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: niceboykunal123
0 Replies

2. Programming

How to convert byteArray variables to HexaString variables for Linux?

Hello everybody, I am having problem in converting byte array variables to Hexa String variables for Linux. I have done, converting byte array variables to Hexa String variables for Windows but same function doesn't work for linux. Is there any difference in OS ? The code for Windows is given... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritesh_163
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

CMP two files with slight difference and return code

I am comparing two files which are identical except for the timestamp which is incorporated within the otherwise same 372 bytes. I am using the command: cmp -s $Todays_file $Yesterdays_file -i 372 When I run the command without the -i 372 it shows the difference i.e. the timestamp.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gugs
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

date cmp

Please don't count this as a similar post.....I got the ftp part working....I am stuck how to find the files between two dates. I have 5 files filename.20090505.txt filename.20090504.txt filename.20090503.txt filename.20090502.txt filename.20090501.txt My load date is 20090501 and run date... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RubinPat
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue in comparing (cmp) two files

Hi All, I have to compare set of files so I created a case statement with the option to give more than one file to compare. The Problem now i am facing is, if I compare the files directly, from prompt or just using the script only for a particular file then It's saying No difference, but If I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sudhar
4 Replies

6. Solaris

cmp file

Dear all, for i in <List of Filename> FILENAME=`echo $i` do cp -p $FILENAME /temp /bin/cmp $FILENAME /temp/$FILENAME done I am planning to do something like this on a daily basis, so i want to ask that, if the comparison on the files encounter error, ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginningDBA
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare files in two folders using cmp?

i recently copied 400GB of data from a NTFS drive to a ext4 drive. I want to verify that the data is 100% identical to the original. I wanted to use cmp but it only does two files. The directory that was copied contains many subdirectories and all sorts of files (not just text). So I guess... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fuzzylogic25
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax Error while using CMP function

Hi All, I am getting a syntax error message while trying to compare 2 files using the compare function (LINUX) command substitution: line 79: syntax error near unexpected token `(' command substitution: line 79: `cmp -s <(tr , \n < $COMMON_TMP/nt_per_gs.done | sort) <(tr , \n <... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsfreddie
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing awk variables to bash variables

Trying to do so echo "111:222:333" |awk -F: '{system("export TESTO=" $2)}'But it doesn't work (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: urello
2 Replies
SWISS::Stars(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 SWISS::Stars(3pm)

NAME
SWISS::Stars.pm DESCRIPTION
SWISS::Stars represents the ** lines within an SWISS-PROT + TrEMBL entry. These are the lines with the line tag ** which are normally not publicly visible. SWISS::Stars is a master object like SWISS::Entry. It contains subobjects which represent the different line types in the ** section. Each line type has a two letter tag in addition to the ** line tag. This module has been written to allow easy addition of new ** line types. To use a new ** line tag, just use the tag as an object dereference. Example: $entry->Stars->XX->add("New XX tag line.","Second new XX tag line."); If there is no class SWISS::Stars::XX, the class of the new object will be SWISS::Stars::default, which handles lines with the corresponding tag as an array of lines. If more specific handling is required, a new class SWISS::Stars::XX can be created following the template of SWISS::Stars::default. An example is SWISS::Stars::aa. Subclass names and new line tags have to be two-letter-tags. No checks are made wheter the dereferenced tag is allowed. Access to the (old) unstructured ANNOTATOR'S SECTION is provided by the line tag 'aa'. $entry->Stars->aa->add("Testline 1.","Second new test line."); will add these two lines to the ANNOTATOR'S SECTION. Inherits from SWISS::BaseClass.pm Attributes No public attributes apart from the subclasses. Methods Standard methods new fromText toText update perl v5.10.1 2006-01-26 SWISS::Stars(3pm)