Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers To list all the files created today with directory path Post 302226071 by palsevlohit_123 on Monday 18th of August 2008 05:48:29 AM
Old 08-18-2008
find `pwd` -mtime -1 -type f -print

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List the files without directory path

Hi I am writing a script to find the list of files in dir1 and my script is place in dir2 while doing ls of files dir1 it is displaying with path. I would like to omit the path and display the only file name so that I can pass it to my script as arguments. for filename in ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: madankumar
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Files with 0 file size and created today

hi, I am building a script to identify those files created/modified today and with file size 0. I am able to find the files with 0 file size and created/modified in last 24 hrs as shown below but not today (current date), I tried using (touch -t time filenm) but in my version of unix at work it... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rushs682
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate Files Created Today

I need to figure out how to get all the files from a certian dir ./123/*sat files and ./230/*sat files and several other directories which have these *sat files in them. I need to calculate how many were created today and how many yesterday from 2:00 pm on the 28th to 2pm on the 29th. It's a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xgringo
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp - How to download files which created today?

Hello experts, I have written following script to download files which created today. Unfortunately, it's not working. test.ksh: #Defining variables USR='xxx' PASSWD='yyyy' HT='test.test.com' FILE='S*.pdf' XFILE=$(echo find . -type f -mtime 0) ZFILE=$(echo ls -tR|grep 'Jun 8')... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: dipeshvshah
14 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to list all Subdirectories and files with its full path in a parent directory?

How to list all Subdirectories and files with its full path in a parent directory? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johnveslin
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find files created today in a particular directory?

Dear All, I want a Hp Ux command to find out the files created today in a particular directory or mountpoint. Kindly help. Thanks Bhaskar (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudiptabhaskar
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to list all the files, directories and sub-directories in the current path except one directory?

Can anyone come up with a unix command that lists all the files, directories and sub-directories in the current directory except a folder called log.? Thank you in advance. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manjunath B
7 Replies

8. Linux

List all files created today exclude last one

Hi, ALL thanks in advance, i listed all files using this command ls -ltr $(date +%Y%m%d)*.xmlbut i would like to exclude the last one created ; Best regard MEROUAN Use code tags, thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: merouan
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script needed to delete to the list of files in a directory based on last created & delete them

Hi My directory structure is as below. dir1, dir2, dir3 I have the list of files to be deleted in the below path as below. /staging/retain_for_2years/Cleanup/log $ ls -lrt total 0 drwxr-xr-x 2 nobody nobody 256 Mar 01 16:15 01-MAR-2015_SPDBS2 drwxr-xr-x 2 root ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasadn
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

List files with date, create directory, move to the created directory

Hi all, i have a folder, with tons of files containing as following, on /my/folder/jobs/ some_name_2016-01-17-22-38-58_some name_0_0.zip.done some_name_2016-01-17-22-40-30_some name_0_0.zip.done some_name_2016-01-17-22-48-50_some name_0_0.zip.done and these can be lots of similar files,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: charli1
6 Replies
pwd.h(3HEAD)							      Headers							      pwd.h(3HEAD)

NAME
pwd.h, pwd - password structure SYNOPSIS
#include <pwd.h> DESCRIPTION
The <pwd.h> header provides a definition for struct passwd, which includes the following members: char *pw_name user's login name uid_t pw_uid numerical user ID gid_t pw_gid numerical group ID char *pw_dir initial working di rectory char *pw_shell program to use as shell The gid_t and uid_t types are defined as described in <sys/types.h>. See types.h(3HEAD). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
getpwnam(3C), types.h(3HEAD), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.11 10 Sep 2004 pwd.h(3HEAD)