Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming client/server compile question Post 302225904 by mlhazan on Sunday 17th of August 2008 04:52:33 PM
Old 08-17-2008
client/server compile question

Hi,
I have 2 files-->server.c and client.c
My server.c takes local ip as saying:
Code:
*.sin_addr.s_addr=INADDR_ANY;

client.c is in the same machine.It has a line like:
Code:
*.sin_addr.s_addr=inet_addr(argv[1]);

I don't know how to compile.I tried
Code:
./client 127.0.0.1

It used port 7777 in both client and server.I think i have missed something.
But it works when I use port 80.Do you know why??

I would like to post the client.c and server.c but I know if do so
people will start giving there advice.

This is a small program.It only connects the client on server.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Client/Server Socket Application - Preventing Client from quitting on server crash

Problem - Linux Client/Server Socket Application: Preventing Client from quitting on server crash Hi, I am writing a Linux socket Server and Client using TCP protocol on Ubuntu 9.04 x64. I am having problem trying to implement a scenario where the client should keep running even when the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: varun.nagpaal
2 Replies

2. Solaris

DBI with MySQL client library compile on Solaris

how dow you complie perl module DBI with mysql from /usr/local/mysql/bin keeps going to mysql client for /usr/sfw/bin is it the LD_PATH ???...:confused: error is # perl login.cgi DBI connect('customers;mysql_socket=/tmp/mysql.sock:localhost','root',...) failed: Client does not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: photon
1 Replies

3. Programming

Top v3.7 and v3.8beta1 will not compile on Power7/AIX6.1 server.

Please help! We are upgrading our server to a new Power7/AIX6.1 from Power5/AIX5.3. I have some programs that rely on output of the TOP command to do various things, however, I keep getting an error when I try to re-compile TOP on my new server (see below). I have tried TOP 3.7 (current... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: troym72
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Compile php with curl on solaris 10 question

I have curl compiled into /usr/local. I needed to install another version into /usr/local/curl-7.19.5 and compile php using that directory. I believe I had done that but an ldd run against php shows it is using /usr/local/lib. I have my configure script below showing how it was built and php -i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: csgonan
1 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Office server => laptop =>client server ...a lengthy and laborious ftp procedure

Hi All, I need your expertise in finding a way to solve my problem.Please excuse if this is not the right forum to ask this question and guide me to the correct forum,if possible. I am a DBA and on a daily basis i have to ftp huge dump files from my company server to my laptop and then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kunwar
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Compile SSCEP (Simple SCEP client for Unix) on Solaris 10 box

Hi folks I am trying to compile SSCEP (Simple SCEP client for Unix) on Solaris 10 box. SSCEP - Simple SCEP client for Unix The errror is "ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to" $ make gcc -Wall -O -lcrypto -o sscep sscep.o init.o net.o sceputils.o pkcs7.o ias.o... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compiling gcc to compile make to compile yaboot

I have just installed OpenBSD on a 333MHz PPC iMac G3. It has a 6GB HDD that has been partitioned as 1GB MacOS 8.5.1, 3GB MacOS X 10.3.9, 2GB OpenBSD 4.8. I now need to install a bootloader so that my computer can recognize the OpenBSD partition at startup. I have been trying to install... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: t04st3r
0 Replies

8. Programming

question about server client code in C

If I have two files server.c and client.c, how do you demonstate the client reading something from the server? so say i have a server,c and a client.c file in a unix machine (same folder), and i want the client to connect and write something to server (through the internet), then server returns it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: omega666
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sftp script for dev server to client server

hi, i am new to unix, cuold u send some sftp acripts to send files to dev server to clint server, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Koti.annam
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Pango 1.20 does not compile when passing Cairo or X server packages as backends

Hello. Trying to compile Pango with one or mentioned packages as backend, Cairo or X11 related packages I have been facing a series of error messages that I do not know how to fix. First with Cairo. I try to compile Pango with ./configure ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: colt
1 Replies
GEMS-CLIENT(1)							gems documentation						    GEMS-CLIENT(1)

NAME
gems-client - Show data transmitted by gems-server (1) SYNOPSIS
gems-client [-i] host [port] gems-client -h | -v DESCRIPTION
Connects to a computer running gems-server(1) to show in the local terminal the data transmitted, in real time. OPTIONS
host Hostname or IP address where the server is running. port TCP port used by the server. Default: 6666. -i Ignore server terminal size. If this option is not supplied, gems-client disconnects itself whenever the local terminal is smaller than the terminal associated to the server. -h Show a short help message. -v Show version information. FUNCTION KEYS
While gems-client is running, some keys have special functions: q Quit. a Enable/disable alarm blocking. When active, if the server transmits an alarm character ('a'), the client ignores it, so the alarm does not play. This is specially useful when many clients are present in the same room, to avoid the annoying simultaneous beeps. AUTHORS
Diego Essaya <dessaya@fi.uba.ar> Emiliano Castagnari <ecastag@fi.uba.ar> SEE ALSO
gems-server(1), script(1) gems AUGUST 2004 GEMS-CLIENT(1)