Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development Radio buttons oh other form elements Post 302225838 by era on Sunday 17th of August 2008 08:12:01 AM
Old 08-17-2008
I'm not sure I get what you are saying, and it doesn't sound very usable anyway. Something you see on some sites is roughly this:

Code:
Select annoying bunch of things!!!

(X)  First annoying bunch of things

[ ] Throw errors for valid email addresses
      [ ] Assume foreign addresses have a ZIP code
      [x] Sign me up for a random mailing list which I cannot unsubscribe from
           Email: [era@example.com    ]

( ) Second set of annoying things

[ ] Serve entire site as Flash (greyed out)
      [ ] Require non-free codec: [v] DivX :-)  (greyed out)
      [ ] Background music you can't turn off (greyed out)
      [ ] Force download of untrusted Windows component (with malware) (greyed out)

Something along these lines can be done in basic HTML, but you need some clever JavaScript and/or CSS to grey out and disable the part which is not selected.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

text boxes, radio buttons , check boxes in c++ on unix

Hi ! Please tell me how to get radio buttons, text boxes , check boxes , option buttons , pull down menus in C++ on Unix. I think it would be done using curses.h ..but that's all i know. TIA, Devyani. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: devy8
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Changing Unix form to Microsoft Word form to be able to email it to someone.

Please someone I need information on how to change a Unix form/document into a microsoft word document in order to be emailed to another company. Please help ASAP. Thankyou :confused: (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cheraunm
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace buttons with hyperlinks

I have a script that uploads file push buttons, but i want to replace buttons with hyperlinks. Please send suggessions Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: handshakeit
1 Replies

4. Web Development

buttons links in frame

Happy X-Mas to all members... Hi, I have one html file page1.html as below <HTML> <HEAD> <TITLE>Utilities</TITLE> </HEAD> <FRAMESET ROWS="5%,95%"> <FRAME SRC="frames1.html" NAME=SIDEBAR> <FRAME SRC="frames2.html" NAME=SAMPLE> </FRAMESET> </HTML> ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: villain41
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transpose Data form Different form

HI Guys, I have data in File A.txt RL03 RL03_A_1 RL03_B_1 RL03_C_1 RL03 -119.8 -119.5 -119.5 RL07 RL07_A_1 RL07_B_1 RL07_C_1 RL07 -119.3 -119.5 -119.5 RL15 RL15_A_1 RL15_C_1 RL15 -120.5 -119.4 RL16... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asavaliya
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove x lines form top and y lines form bottom using AWK?

How to remove x lines form top and y lines form bottom. This works, but like awk only cat file | head -n-y | awk 'NR>(x-1)' so remove last 3 lines and 5 firstcat file | head -n-3 | awk 'NR>4' (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jotne
5 Replies
mlmmj-unsub(1)						      General Commands Manual						    mlmmj-unsub(1)

NAME
mlmmj-unsub - unsubscribe address from a mailinglist run by mlmmj SYNOPSIS
mlmmj-unsub -L /path/to/list -a john@doe.org [-b] [-c | -C] [-d | -n | -N] [-h] [-q] [-r | -R] [-s] [-U] [-V] -a: Email address to unsubscribe -b: Behave as if unsubscription is due to bouncing (internal use) -c: Send goodbye mail -C: Request mail confirmation -d: Unsubscribe from the digest version of the list -h: This help -L: Full path to list directory -n: Unsubscribe from the nomail version of the list -N: Unsubscribe from the normal version of the list -q: Be quiet (don't notify owner about the unsubscribe) -r: Behave as if request arrived via email (internal use) -R: Behave as if confirmation arrived via email (internal use) -s: Don't send a mail to the address if not subscribed -U: Don't switch to the user id of the listdir owner -V: Print version DESCRIPTION
This utility is used to unsubscribe people from the specified mailinglist. It will remove the specified email address from every file in the <listdir>/subscribers.d/, <listdir>/digesters.d/ and <listdir>/nomailsubs.d/ directories (or if the -d, -n or -N switch is given, only the one relevant directory). Unless the -U switch is used it will switch its user id to the user id owning the list directory. This is done to make sure that new files created are having correct permissions. Normally a mail is sent to the person being unsubscribed if the address is not subscribed to the list. If the -s switch is used such a mail will not be sent. When neither -c nor -C is specified, unsubscription happens silently from the point of view of the subscriber. When -q is specified, unsub- scription happens silently from the point of view of the list owner. Use of -s is recommended to ensure you don't spam unsubscribed addresses by accident. SEE ALSO
mlmmj-sub(1) AUTHORS
This manual page was written by the following persons: Soren Boll Overgaard <boll@debian.org> (based on html2man output) Mads Martin Jorgensen <mmj@mmj.dk> mlmmj-unsub September 2004 mlmmj-unsub(1)