Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Add User Problem
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Add User Problem Post 302225684 by sriram003 on Saturday 16th of August 2008 11:35:38 AM
Old 08-16-2008
See if you have /etc/environment file in place,
If not try doing a touch and see if it works ...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

User Problem

On my small network some of my users are having trouble logging in. What's something that I can do to find out what's wrong? Are there any commands that I can run or files I can check? ,AP (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anthony
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

user creation problem

hello, Actually I want to create a user for our brower based custom application for the mail access from our mailserver(linux). I create user dummy and I granted all the privileages to dummy user and made dummy equivelent to root and if I tried to create a another user logging as dummy ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jarkvarma
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

create user problem

hello: before I am add user in Linux with " adduser" command . for example system(adduser zzf -p hello); and this command "-p" option is used to create "login password". now i do not find the "-p" option in " adduser " in hp unix os. and i should how to do ??? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phoenix_fei
3 Replies

4. Linux

USER login problem

Hi All I am facing a login issue actually on my local machine users are not suppose to login with there respective prompt on the machine. Access deneid login as: daya Sent username "daya" daya@10.10.0.3's password: Access denied daya@192.168.0.83's password: and even i am not suppose... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: daya.pandit
3 Replies

5. AIX

user login problem & Files listing problem.

1) when user login to the server the session got colosed. How will resolve? 2) While firing the command ls -l we are not able to see the any files in the director. but over all view the file system using the command df -g it is showing 91% used. what will be the problem? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pernasivam
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

sendmail user accounts problem

first of all I am Newbie to linux I confidured my sendmail -8.13 on RHEL5, but i have a problem regarding user accounts. How can I user access his account on remotely while all users exit on servers ? should i need to configure extra server to enable this .... And what is LDAP and can this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sandy6573
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

User login problem

Dear All, Plz help in unixware 7x only root user login & other user not login . message giving permission denied (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhir69
3 Replies

8. AIX

User creation problem

Hi, I am getting tired in creating several users in a day. Can anyone have a script to create several users in the same server, as well as, to create one user in several servers. where i have to put script and how to run the script. Waiting for your reply. Thanks in advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: udtyuvaraj
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

adding new user problem?

I wan to add a new user. I have executed the following command. The user home directory is created. but password creation shows error. Note: I'm using LDAP Server for user authentication. adduser xxx Adding user `xxx' ... Adding new group `xxx' (1003) ... Adding new user `xxx' (1003) with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ungalnanban
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

User add problem

I could not create the user name with the number infront of... useradd 8siva useradd: Invalid account name `8siva' (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsiva
3 Replies
Apache::Reload(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 Apache::Reload(3)

NAME
Apache::Reload - Reload changed modules SYNOPSIS
In httpd.conf: PerlInitHandler Apache::Reload PerlSetVar ReloadAll Off Then your module: package My::Apache::Module; use Apache::Reload; sub handler { ... } 1; DESCRIPTION
This module is two things. First it is an adaptation of Randal Schwartz's Stonehenge::Reload module that attempts to be a little more intuitive and makes the usage easier. Stonehenge::Reload was written by Randal to make specific modules reload themselves when they changed. Unlike Apache::StatINC, Stonehenge::Reload only checked the change time of modules that registered themselves with Stonehenge::Reload, thus reducing stat() calls. Apache::Reload also offers the exact same functionality as Apache::StatINC, and is thus designed to be a drop-in replacement. Apache::Reload only checks modules that register themselves with Apache::Reload if you explicitly turn off the StatINC emulation method (see below). Like Apache::StatINC, Apache::Reload must be installed as an Init Handler. StatINC Replacement To use as a StatINC replacement, simply add the following configuration to your httpd.conf: PerlInitHandler Apache::Reload Register Modules Implicitly To only reload modules that have registered with Apache::Reload, add the following to the httpd.conf: PerlInitHandler Apache::Reload PerlSetVar ReloadAll Off # ReloadAll defaults to On Then any modules with the line: use Apache::Reload; Will be reloaded when they change. Register Modules Explicitly You can also register modules explicitly in your httpd.conf file that you want to be reloaded on change: PerlInitHandler Apache::Reload PerlSetVar ReloadAll Off PerlSetVar ReloadModules "My::Foo My::Bar Foo::Bar::Test" Note that these are split on whitespace, but the module list must be in quotes, otherwise Apache tries to parse the parameter list. Un-Register Modules Explicitly If ReloadAll is set to On, then you can explicity force a module not to be reloaded with no Apache::Reload; A warning will appear in the error log that the file has changed, but will not be reloaded Special "Touch" File You can also set a file that you can touch() that causes the reloads to be performed. If you set this, and don't touch() the file, the reloads don't happen. This can be a great boon in a live environment: PerlSetVar ReloadTouchFile /tmp/reload_modules Now when you're happy with your changes, simply go to the command line and type: touch /tmp/reload_modules And your modules will be magically reloaded on the next request. This option works in both StatINC emulation mode and the registered modules mode. PSUEDOHASHES
The short summary of this is: Don't use psuedohashes. Use an array with constant indexes. Its faster in the general case, its more guaranteed, and generally, it works. The long summary is that I've done some work to get this working with modules that use psuedo hashes, but its still broken in the case of a single module that contains multiple packages that all use psuedohashes. So don't do that. AUTHOR
Matt Sergeant, matt@sergeant.org MAINTAINERS
the mod_perl developers, dev@perl.apache.org SEE ALSO
Apache::StatINC, Stonehenge::Reload perl v5.16.2 2012-04-05 Apache::Reload(3)