Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Triggering my Unix script.... Post 302225676 by redoubtable on Saturday 16th of August 2008 11:00:21 AM
Old 08-16-2008
Try putting the script I gave you for now with that name test.cgi in cgi-bin folder, give it execution permissions (chmod 755 test.cgi in Linux) and try accessing it from the web.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

triggering utility

gang, I have a need for a utility that will 'watch' a directory and when a file pops into it, it will run a script on the file. More specifically, it will pgp decrypt the file that pops into the directory. Our Security guys aren't comfortable with the 'normal' users on our system being able... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hedrict
1 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Urgent Need for Assistance: Triggering Windows bat files from UNIX

Hello, Is there a way to trigger a Windows bat file or program on a different machine from a different UNIX server using KSC file? I hope you can assist me with this. Thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: punyenye
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Triggering a Script Recursively With Different Parameter and in Different Process

Hi Every One I have a Compilation Script name scomp which takes the Program name as the command line argument I have around 10000 Programs to compile while each program takes around 10 mins to compile i have written a Mass Compile script Scripts which takes the list of programs as input... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbsrinivas
15 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script triggering Korn shell, how-to stop it?

Script_A.sh has echo "In am in script A" ksh ## K-shell is invoked. Script B.sh ## which I am writing... ./script_A.sh echo "I am in script B" return 0 When I run: $> Script_B.sh $> I am in script A $> Basically, on calling Script_A.sh from within Script_B.sh I have the issue of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: baivab
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Triggering UNIX command from Web Browser

HI, I want to trigger a UNIX command from a web browser page. The web browser will have few steps which will generate the UNIX command and then it should connect to the UNIX box and fire that command. Here we are using Sun Solaris UNIX. Can you please suggest me how can i get... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dear_abhi2007
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix coding for triggering informatica

Hi, I have very little knowledge with unix and pmcmd. I need help with a issue. I have to see whether a file has been dropped in a particular location/path. If the file dropped I have to check the last modified time, which should be greater than 8pmEST the prior day. If the file has been... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: redwolves
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Triggering remote UNIX shell script from Remote desktop

I m trying to run a batch script in remote desktop which executes unix commands on the unix server...the problem is i wnt the output in HTML format.so in my batch script i m giving the cmd like ssh hostname path ksh HC_Report.ksh>out.html ...but it generates the HTML file in remote desktop .i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: navsan
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Triggering UNIX Script from a JAVA program

Hi I am trying to implement one program, where JAVA needs to trigger the backend UNIX script. Tried with options like String cmdArray = {"/bin/ksh","-c","/SCRIPT_ABSOLUTE_PATH/sampleScript.ksh /FILE_ABSOLUTE_PATH Test_File.dat TEST E SFTP"} When I trigger the script from front end with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Triggering a script using POSTFIX....

I have a mail server configured on my server (Postfix), I have a script which requires input to be provided to it. I would like to know if there is a possibility to trigger this script by sending mail to the server. This is what I am thinking: Once the mail arrives on server, the mail will... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: davidbob
6 Replies
HOBBIT-NKVIEW.CFG(5)						File Formats Manual					      HOBBIT-NKVIEW.CFG(5)

NAME
hobbit-nkview.cfg - Configuration of the hobbitgraph CGI SYNOPSIS
$BBHOME/etc/hobbit-nkview.cfg DESCRIPTION
hobbit-nkview.cgi(1) uses the configuration file $BBHOME/etc/hobbit-nkview.cfg to determine which of the statuses currently in a red or yellow state should appear on the Critical Systems view. This file should not be edited manually. It is maintained by the hobbit-nkeedit.cgi(1) utility via a web-based frontend. FILE PERMISSIONS
Since the file is maintained by a web front-end tool, the userid running Web CGI scripts must have write-permission to the file. Typi- cally, this means it must have a group-ownership matching your webserver userid, and group-write permissions (mode 664). When editing the file with the web front-end, a backup file is created. Therefore the hobbit-nkview.cfg.bak file should have identical permissions. SEE ALSO
hobbit-nkview.cgi(1), hobbit-nkedit.cgi(1) Xymon Version 4.2.3: 4 Feb 2009 HOBBIT-NKVIEW.CFG(5)