Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Clarification
Top Forums Web Development Clarification Post 302225648 by Shahul on Saturday 16th of August 2008 03:50:00 AM
Old 08-16-2008
Power Clarification

Smilie

Hi All,

i am new to unix....so i am not sure whether i am asking the related question with our forum..

My question .....Can anyone explain me about the CGI script

is it something related to Unix or Linux or some other language.

Thanks in advance
Sha

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need clarification

Hi All, I am using Korn Shell HP UNIX and i am writing my scripts with filename extension as ksh or sh .. I want to know what is the difference if i am giving ksh and sh Other thing when we execute the shell script either we make it as executable and run directly else we give '.' or 'sh'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi.sadani19
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

need clarification about tr -d command ?

Hi , I need your help to know the exact operation of this following code .. cat file1 | ux2dos | tr -d ''>>file2 file1 contains only one line : "DTS-PO\SPECTRUM WO 56" the data contains a META CHAR "\" .. look at the above line. But , The file2 output contains :... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vparunkumar
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

TimeStamp clarification

I just now read the doc in https://www.unix.com/tips-tutorials/35535-understanding-unix-timekeeping.html Need clarification that half of the files in any directory is shown in below pattern in which time stamp pattern is highlighted And half of the files are shown in different pattern... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sreejith_VK
2 Replies

4. AIX

grep -- clarification

Hi, I have a file which contains below info : $ cat test_file kenny denny kite I want to get all th file names which starts with k. Hence i used below command but the result was not up to the mark : $ grep 'k*' test_file kenny denny kite Can someone please explain me why this is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: merajh
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Clarification regarding nohup.out

Hi, I am creating two shell scripts for Database backup and the output has to be routed to nohup.out file. We will also be running the scripts in the background as nohup.out <script_name> & Do I manually need to create a nohup.out file in the directory from where the scripts are going... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: narayanv
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need clarification

We are facing problem while executin below script, cat $PIPE_FILE | imscp - "${LRX_FILE_LOC}" 2>&1 | tee "${LIST_DIR}/${IMSCP_OUT_FILE}" & sqlplus -s ${REPORTING_CONNECT} <<EOF whenever sqlerror exit 1 rollback spool ${PIPE_FILE} start ${LRX_EXEC_SQL} ${LRX_MDL_RUN_DATE} spool off exit... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: samiks14
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

permission clarification

crw-rw-rw- 1 root root 1, 5 May 6 1998 /dev/zero brw----rw- 1 root floppy 2, 28 May 6 1998 /dev/fd0H1440 In the above permission what is above C and B indicates? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thelakbe
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need Clarification

Hi All, I have a file cleanlogs_imgp01_files which has the contents as follows, cold_log|/opt/elf/cold_spool get_orion_log|/opt/elf/logs get_coldFiles_log|/opt/elf/logs get_coldFiles_TuesToSat_log|/opt/elf/logs get_coldFiles_MonToSat_log|/opt/elf/logs And when i execute this, I get the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DevM
1 Replies

9. HP-UX

su command clarification

Hi, I want to use the "SU" command in script it is asking me to enter the password manually. pleas the say the syntax of su command in single line that includes username/password. :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vigneshwaran007
3 Replies
MRTG-FORUM(1)							       mrtg							     MRTG-FORUM(1)

NAME
mrtg-forum - Interactive Help for MRTG users SYNOPSIS
There is a lot of written documentation for mrtg, but nevertheless you may have a problem where you can't find the solution. In this case some Human Help may be necessary. With MRTG there are several ways to get Humans to help you. MAILING-LIST There are three mailing lists for MRTG available. mrtg for discussion among mrtg users. mrtg-announce for announcements regarding new versions of mrtg related software. mrtg-developers for discussion among people who write software in connection with mrtg or who hack mrtg itself. THE RULES Please note that the memebers of the mrtg mailinglist value politeness highly. This means behave in a way you would like others to behave towards you. o No shouting. (NO CAPS) o No rude language o No demands. everybody is on the list out of their own free will. If you do not get an answer to your question, chances are high that you did not give sufficent details about the nature of your problem or that the answer to your problem is in the documentation. o If you do not follow the rules you will be unsubscribed from the list with no further questions asked. o Decisions about your unsubscription from the list will be taken by Alex van den Bogaerdt <alex at ergens.op.het.net> Paul C. Williamson <pwilliamson at MANDTBANK.COM> If you feel that you have been treated unfairly, you may send mail to me and explain the situation. Tobi Oetiker <tobi@oetiker.ch> SUBSCRIBING These lists are managed by a mailing-list management program (listar). It allows you to subscribe to these lists by sending a message with the subject: subscribe to the following address: listname-request@lists.oetiker.ch You will then get a message asking you to confirm your subscription. For posting to the lists use the following address listname@lists.oetiker.ch Note that only people who are subscribed to the list can post. Further information about the usage of the mailing lists is available by sending a message with the subject line help to either one of the request addresses. There is also a webinterface to the lists on http://lists.oetiker.ch List archives are on http://www.mail-archive.com/index.php?hunt=mrtg and http://gmane.org/find.php?list=mrtg NEWSGROUP
For discussion of MRTG or related topics on the Usenet, please send your posts to: news:comp.dcom.net-management Many MRTG users are in this forum and will help you. You can also find an archive of past activity from this Newsgroup on: http://groups.google.com/group/comp.dcom.net-management IRC Channel For discussion of MRTG and related topics on IRC, the `#mrtg' channel on EFNet has been created. More information can be found at http://mrtg.easymac.org MRTG Japan There is a special Mailinglist for MRTG Users in Japan. It carries translations of the traffic from MRTG-ANNOUNCE as well as updates on the Japanese Translation of the MRTG documentation. Go to http://www.mrtg.jp/ for further Information. AUTHOR
Tobias Oetiker <tobi@oetiker.ch> and many contributors 2.17.4 2012-01-12 MRTG-FORUM(1)