Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Installing PHP on Solaris (Express) Error Post 302225611 by jlliagre on Saturday 16th of August 2008 01:28:57 AM
Old 08-16-2008
What says:
Code:
ls -lL /usr/bin/cc

?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

[Help] please help error messages when installing solaris 8

hi expert, please help i had a problem when installing sun solaris OS at V890, below is the error messages : SunOS Release 5.8 Version Generic_108528-29 64-bit Copyright 1983-2003 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved. configuring IPv4 interfaces: ce0. Hostname: USSDGmdn-4... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bucci
5 Replies

2. Solaris

ipfilter solaris express

Hello, | am trying to setup ipfilter on solaris express snv_91 but I don't seem to have the following file available. /etc/ipf/pfil.ap Is this an older way of configuring the interface?, I have all the packages installed. Thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Actuator
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Error after installing 2nd hard disk on Solaris 10?

I installed Solaris 10 on this Dell 5150 with only 1 SATA hard drive setup, all went well, and I could view the disk in the disk management window. However, I setup a 2nd hard drive, identical to 1st drive. Solaris wont recognize it and gives an error when trying to view disks in disk management... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Joncamp
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Error: installing Nmap on Solaris11 Express

Hello, I am trying to install Nmap on my Solaris machine. I got errors at the very last of "make" command though. Could someone point me out what I am lacking? Thank you! Nmap version: 5.50 (nmap-5.50.tar.bz2) Solaris version (cat /etc/release): Error message ( run "./configure &&... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fragile_it
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris Express or OpenIndiana

Simply question which should I use. correct me if I'm wrong but Solaris Express is taking the place of Opensolaris and is officially sanctioned by Oracle and OpenIndiana is what used to be OpenSolaris. If I opt for OpenIndiana is it going to follow the official Oracle Solaris releases or are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: michael78
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing a library of php in solaris 10

People i want to install a library on a solaris 10 x64 with a opteron. The library asks for a another library called libxcb-xlib.so.0. Does Anybody know where i can find this library? the complete error is root@webserver # php PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: enkei17
1 Replies

7. Solaris

OpenSolaris, Solaris, Solaris Express - differences

What are the differences between these systems? I have to use Oracle's product but I do not know who to choose (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: PtaQ
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 11 Express - freezes on startup!

I seem to be having a very irritating problem with my Solaris 11 Express fileserver which I built for my small home business. The basic problem is that the system will hang or freeze about 20 seconds into booting up. Grub comes up fine, and I can select between pre-napp-it and current build. It... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Smokin Whale
13 Replies
whereis(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands					       whereis(1B)

NAME
whereis - locate the binary, source, and manual page files for a command SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/whereis [-bmsu] [-BMS directory... -f] filename... DESCRIPTION
The whereis utility locates source/binary and manuals sections for specified files. The supplied names are first stripped of leading path- name components and any (single) trailing extension of the form .ext, for example, .c. Prefixes of s. resulting from use of source code control are also dealt with. whereis then attempts to locate the desired program in a list of standard places: etc /sbin /usr/bin /usr/ccs/bin /usr/ccs/lib /usr/lang /usr/lbin /usr/lib /usr/sbin /usr/ucb /usr/ucblib /usr/ucbinclude /usr/games /usr/local /usr/local/bin /usr/new /usr/old /usr/hosts /usr/include /usr/etc OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -b Searches only for binaries. -B Changes or otherwise limits the places where whereis searches for binaries. -f Terminates the last directory list and signals the start of file names, and must be used when any of the -B, -M, or -S options are used. -m Searches only for manual sections. -M Changes or otherwise limits the places where whereis searches for manual sections. -s Searches only for sources. -S Changes or otherwise limit the places where whereis searches for sources. -u Searches for unusual entries. A file is said to be unusual if it does not have one entry of each requested type. Thus `whereis -m -u *' asks for those files in the current directory which have no documentation. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Finding files Find all files in /usr/bin which are not documented in /usr/share/man/man1 with source in /usr/src/cmd: example% cd /usr/ucb example% whereis -u -M /usr/share/man/man1 -S /usr/src/cmd -f * FILES
o /usr/src/* o /usr/{doc,man}/* o /etc, /usr/{lib,bin,ucb,old,new,local} ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
chdir(2), attributes(5) BUGS
Since whereis uses chdir(2) to run faster, pathnames given with the -M, -S, or -B must be full; that is, they must begin with a `/'. SunOS 5.11 10 Jan 2000 whereis(1B)