Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Programming languages polyglots: how many languages you know? Post 302225348 by era on Friday 15th of August 2008 08:09:06 AM

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Shell scripting & programming languages

If I want to do high-end 3d animation, what skell scripting languages, and programming languages shoul I learn? If you know any good resources for learning these languages they would be appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aloysius1001
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Operating System and Programming languages

I'm trying to create an operating system. Just as a small hobby, it will not be anything big I am trying to get some practice. Does anyone reccomend a certain programming language because I dont know which one to use. Any help please? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacx2
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Programming/Scripting Languages To Learn

Which languages would, in the long run, be best to learn on a UNIX environment for kernel work, every day programs, and overall UNIX programming? I've been learning C for over a year now (which I'm pretty confident with) and decided I want to look into some other languages. I'll mainly be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tjinr
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

output in different languages

hello, i have to change a lot of shell scripts for one reason : the output in a script should be done in different languages. for example: echo "this is a test" and "this is a test" should be printed out in language for an example: german,italian and so. i saw a tool "gettext" ,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bora99
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash and languages

Hi everyone, First of all, i dont know what id do without this forum its been such a great help:) so a big thankyou to all, anyway i have a simple question, if i wrote a scrpt in english would it work on another machine with a different language, or do i have to put something in the script to say... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dave123
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to export/link Control_m with another programming languages

Hello All. Everyday at work I have to fill a big .xls spreadsheet with process chains start and end time information. The thing is that it takes too long and a lot of boring work. :( I was wondering if I could link this with a tool in java that would export this information into a .xls... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pingosa
1 Replies

7. Web Development

What Web Development languages should i learn?

I am learning Web Development, so far i am learning html,xhtml, css, java script.... What I want to know is what other Web Development languages should i learn? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
1 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

How can I learn computer programming languages on my own?

I would love the idea to develop games. How can I teach myself computer programming? What programs or software must I use? I have the new iMac? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
5 Replies
Catalyst::Plugin::I18N(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			       Catalyst::Plugin::I18N(3pm)

NAME
Catalyst::Plugin::I18N - I18N for Catalyst SYNOPSIS
use Catalyst 'I18N'; print join ' ', @{ $c->languages }; $c->languages( ['de'] ); print $c->localize('Hello Catalyst'); Use a macro if you're lazy: [% MACRO l(text, args) BLOCK; c.localize(text, args); END; %] [% l('Hello Catalyst') %] [% l('Hello [_1]', 'Catalyst') %] [% l('lalala[_1]lalala[_2]', ['test', 'foo']) %] [% l('messages.hello.catalyst') %] DESCRIPTION
Supports mo/po files and Maketext classes under your application's I18N namespace. # MyApp/I18N/de.po msgid "Hello Catalyst" msgstr "Hallo Katalysator" # MyApp/I18N/i_default.po msgid "messages.hello.catalyst" msgstr "Hello Catalyst - fallback translation" # MyApp/I18N/de.pm package MyApp::I18N::de; use base 'MyApp::I18N'; our %Lexicon = ( 'Hello Catalyst' => 'Hallo Katalysator' ); 1; CONFIGURATION You can override any parameter sent to Locale::Maketext::Simple by specifying a "maketext_options" hashref to the "Plugin::I18N" config section. For example, the following configuration will override the "Decode" parameter which normally defaults to 1: __PACKAGE__->config( 'Plugin::I18N' => maketext_options => { Decode => 0 } ); All languages fallback to MyApp::I18N which is mapped onto the i-default language tag. If you use arbitrary message keys, use i_default.po to translate into English, otherwise the message key itself is returned. EXTENDED METHODS setup METHODS languages Contains languages. $c->languages(['de_DE']); print join '', @{ $c->languages }; language return selected locale in your locales list. language_tag return language tag for current locale. The most notable difference from this method in comparison to "language()" is typically that languages and regions are joined with a dash and not an underscore. $c->language(); # en_us $c->language_tag(); # en-us installed_languages Returns a hash of { langtag => "descriptive name for language" } based on language files in your application's I18N directory. The descriptive name is based on I18N::LangTags::List information. If the descriptive name is not available, will be undef. loc localize Localize text. print $c->localize( 'Welcome to Catalyst, [_1]', 'sri' ); SEE ALSO
Catalyst AUTHORS
Sebastian Riedel <sri@cpan.org> Brian Cassidy <bricas@cpan.org> Christian Hansen <chansen@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (c) 2005 - 2009 the Catalyst::Plugin::I18N "AUTHORS" as listed above. This program is free software, you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2010-06-14 Catalyst::Plugin::I18N(3pm)