Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris solaris 8 hangs and data access error on reboot Post 302225313 by incredible on Friday 15th of August 2008 05:51:03 AM
Old 08-15-2008
Of course it will be fine, cos the problem is with the memory on the other H/W. Its the memory module dude Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Data Access Error

Dear Reader, My Sun Machine comes to halt with a message 'Data Access Error'. What / Where could be wrong..?? Thanks in Advance.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: joseph_shibu
5 Replies

2. SCO

System hangs on data compression

Hi, We are having an automated system installed on SCO unixware, which runs a End Of Day routine during midnight. Since few days system is hanging at data backup, I have checked the log, system hangs exactly on data compression, any idea or help that why system is hanging only on compression....... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: tayyabq8
10 Replies

3. Solaris

Boot hangs up on solaris

Hi all, I have a SUN server Sun-Fire-V890 running solaris 9, with a remote system console . Both the IP adresses of the server and the console are in a private network (address 10.67.xxx). For some reasons I need to give the access to the server from outside address 194.xxx, but I prefer that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aribault
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

Can't access external disk after reboot

Hi, I have an HP RX4640 running HP-UX 11iv3 with two internal disks and its connected to a HP disk system 2400 with fibre cable. If the storage system is online before the server is on then the server can't find the disks. And I get the following error messages: vgchange: Warning: Couldn't... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hoff
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Unable to login Solaris 10 Sparc - Data Access Error

Hello everyone, This is the first time I am installing Solaris. I have SunBlade 1500 Wrkstn. I installed Solaris 10 Sparc. The installation went successfully but I don't get the login screen. I get the following error message: Boot device: disk:a File and agrs:- Data Access Error Ok ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mfsaeed
4 Replies

6. Solaris

solaris hangs after booting

Hi, We've got a Sun Fire V245 that's failing to boot from either boot disk (mirrored using SVM). It simply hangs after loading a few modules: Sun Fire V245, No Keyboard Copyright 2006 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved. OpenBoot 4.22.22, 1024 MB memory installed, Serial... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: badoshi
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris ssh client hangs when connecting to another Solaris machine

Got a strange problem. I have 4 Solaris servers all configured the same, Solaris 10 x86 update 10. When I try to ssh from one Solaris 10 server to another server ssh hangs. I have an identical server and when I try this everything works fine. The weird thing is if I am root on the server... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ccj4467
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10 - hangs during boot

Power server up runs through diagnostics. Goes to the boot section and then the bit where the cursor is spinning and thats it. Hangs completely. Any ideas? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
10 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris hangs (Firefox)

dear members, i am a newbie to solaris 11.3, and deeply impressed. On my test pc (Lenovo M90), however, using the internet hangs the system from time to time; initializing the connecting (WLAN) during installation (via the live cd) took two attempts as well. Maybe someone has a solution... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: RichardLichten
7 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris 10 boot problem - ERROR: Last Trap: Fast Data Access MMU Miss

Hello, We have a T5140 server with Solaris 10 and its suddenly throwing "segmentation core" when I login into the server and not showing any output for commands like df, mount etc. so I had to reboot the server to fix this issue. Please note that there's no boot disk mirroring. But... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
2 Replies
PARTY(1)						      General Commands Manual							  PARTY(1)

NAME
party - set OS responses mode SYNOPSIS
party ON|OFF|WHEREIS [ - ] dnv DESCRIPTION
Operating systems being what they are, the admin people can easily grow tired of command responses that resemble dyslexic eugene- speak filtered through Kernighan and Ritchie's collective back-brains. To alleviate this, we have included a slightly more `casual' mode, in which the responses to all commands are first filtered through a customising routine (DUDE) , which makes them sound a little more friendly while retaining their full information content (usually). The rooted(c) system prompt is changed to `What now, dude?' and output from each command is terminated by `No problem, dude.' OPTIONS
-v Verbose mode (ALL commands have a `verbose' mode). When this option is present, all filtered responses are preceeded by a message: `This response has been parsed by the DUDE filter and is not intended to be some sort of sleazy come-on.' -d Don't restart all processes after recompiling the /uselss/libs/eugene file (see below). This alows any important tasks to complete beforehand. -n Notify all users that they are about to be force-logged out and force-logged in again. ON Activates the DUDE filter. OFF De-activates the DUDE filter. WHEREIS Doesn't do anything, but we couldn't resist it. EXAMPLES
%-) party on What now, dude? To compare the differing responses, here is output provided by the ispi -s command, with party OFF and party ON: party OFF line who why how long ========================================================== 000 rooted that's you, dweeb! epoch ---------------------------------------------------------- 00F wp she's supposed to be 0:44:12 typing up the end of financial year report, but she's been doing her resume when she thinks no-one is watching ---------------------------------------------------------- 014 maint playing games, as usual 0:51:16 party ON Well, let's see who's on, eh? There's you, of course, on line 000 (Imagine that! Hahaha!) Oh look, on serIOus line 00F, it's that cute little secretary - looks like she's lost her keyboard template again, she's been hitting the escape key for the past five minutes! AND OF COURSE, the guys down in maintenance are playing `cosmic ballcrushers'. As usual. Well, who else, um, no-one really interesting like, ya know, oh hang on, DTR is toggling on serIOus line 03D.. oh, no problem, it's that stuffed modem again. You want maybe I should send some AMail to maintenance and get 'em to look at it? No problem, dude. What now, dude? FILES
/uselss/libs/bill&ted/DUDE This is the pipe process, usually started at system shoe, which lies idle until party ON is issued. /uselss/libs/eugene Contains all of the ordinary, ho-hum confusing computer - jargonese responses which commands ordinarily issue. Text file. /uselss/libs/eugene.spoo compiled version of the eugene file. /ephemeral/eugene.chex Checksum for the compiled eugene file. SEE ALSO
crp(1), stuffio(2), doobrie(9), gouge(3), ftang(65534), wi(-1), edmond(29), jumpstart(2), vo_mit(992) BUGS
The -n option can be slow. If the n option is issued, some users in a wi editing session may not receive the `warning, restart imminent' message until after the restart. There is no way selectively to follow symbolic links. Sunburne Computer, Inc. 9 October 1991 Aug 18, 1997 PARTY(1)