Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Programming languages polyglots: how many languages you know? Post 302225156 by redoubtable on Thursday 14th of August 2008 05:09:47 PM
Old 08-14-2008
Programming languages polyglots: how many languages you know?

Post what languages (including scripting) you know, why and where you think that language is most usable. Also include libraries in which you're really good at (libusb, gtk, qt, etc).

assembly?
C or C++?
perl or python?
pascal?
bash or csh/tcsh?
opengl?
gtk or qt?
mono?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Shell scripting & programming languages

If I want to do high-end 3d animation, what skell scripting languages, and programming languages shoul I learn? If you know any good resources for learning these languages they would be appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aloysius1001
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Operating System and Programming languages

I'm trying to create an operating system. Just as a small hobby, it will not be anything big I am trying to get some practice. Does anyone reccomend a certain programming language because I dont know which one to use. Any help please? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacx2
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Programming/Scripting Languages To Learn

Which languages would, in the long run, be best to learn on a UNIX environment for kernel work, every day programs, and overall UNIX programming? I've been learning C for over a year now (which I'm pretty confident with) and decided I want to look into some other languages. I'll mainly be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tjinr
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

output in different languages

hello, i have to change a lot of shell scripts for one reason : the output in a script should be done in different languages. for example: echo "this is a test" and "this is a test" should be printed out in language for an example: german,italian and so. i saw a tool "gettext" ,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bora99
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash and languages

Hi everyone, First of all, i dont know what id do without this forum its been such a great help:) so a big thankyou to all, anyway i have a simple question, if i wrote a scrpt in english would it work on another machine with a different language, or do i have to put something in the script to say... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dave123
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to export/link Control_m with another programming languages

Hello All. Everyday at work I have to fill a big .xls spreadsheet with process chains start and end time information. The thing is that it takes too long and a lot of boring work. :( I was wondering if I could link this with a tool in java that would export this information into a .xls... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pingosa
1 Replies

7. Web Development

What Web Development languages should i learn?

I am learning Web Development, so far i am learning html,xhtml, css, java script.... What I want to know is what other Web Development languages should i learn? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
1 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

How can I learn computer programming languages on my own?

I would love the idea to develop games. How can I teach myself computer programming? What programs or software must I use? I have the new iMac? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
5 Replies
efax-gtk-socket-client(1)				      General Commands Manual					 efax-gtk-socket-client(1)

NAME
efax-gtk-socket-client - a client of efax-gtk to work with lpd/lprng SYNOPSIS
efax-gtk-socket-client [hostname] [port] DESCRIPTION
This program enables lpd/lprng to access the efax-gtk socket server. Meaning the user can send faxes to a printer, which will ack as a fax. It takes two arguments - first a hostname to connect to, and secondly a port number at that hostname to connect to. All efax-gtk-socket- client does is to read from standard input (in this case from lpd/lprng) and passes it to a socket at the hostname and port number passed as arguments to it (namely the hostname of the computer efax-gtk is running on - normally you would specify localhost - and the port number of the socket). fax: :sd=/var/spool/fax: :mx#0: :sh: :lp=/dev/null: :if=/var/spool/fax/efax-gtk-faxfilter: This will cause a printer by the name of "fax" to be available, which (if printed to) will send the file to the efax-gtk socket server. If you set efax-gtk to listen on a port other than port 9900, you will need to amend the file /var/spool/fax/efax-gtk-faxfilter by hand to specify the correct port number on which efax-gtk is listening. Don't forget to restart the lpd printer daemon after amending /etc/printcap. OPTIONS
[ hostname ] - The name of the host to listen to. Usually should be locahlhost. [ port ] - the port number to listen to on the [ hostname ]. SEE ALSO
efax(1), efax-gtk(1). AUTHOR
efax-gtk-socket-client was written by Chris Vine <chris@cvine.freeserve.co.uk>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). July 18, 2006 efax-gtk-socket-client(1)