Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: File Descriptor
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting File Descriptor Post 302224861 by jim mcnamara on Thursday 14th of August 2008 05:36:37 AM
Old 08-14-2008
There is no perl-defined limit - just the amount of available memory for the process or free disk space. What problem are you having?

Last edited by jim mcnamara; 08-14-2008 at 07:11 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file activity (open/closed) file descriptor info using KORN shell scripting

I am trying to find a way to check the current status of a file. Such as some cron job processes are dependent on the completion of others. if a file is currently being accessed / modified or simply open state I will wait until it is done being processed before attempting the next process on that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gary Dunn
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File Descriptor Help

What is a file descriptor in Unix?? How to find a file descriptor of a file in Unix?? Does it have anything to do with the Inode numbers?? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

File Descriptor Table

Im working on writing a small operating system. I am currently working on implementing dup, dup2, pipe, and close and I need to implement some type of file descriptor table in my PCB. I was wondering if there is anyone who is familiar with linux/unix implementation of these tables who could... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ashaman0
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing a file descriptor

I am trying to right a function which uses a file descriptor to write to a log file. The problem is that the on the print statement the file descriptor is called bad. Now when I first open the file and print to it in the f_open function by passing the descriptor to f_print_log all works well,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: robotball
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File Descriptor

Hi What the below path contains? /proc/<pid>/fd (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

file descriptor KSH

Hello, How can i use file descriptor in a script to read 2 files at the same time and extract line 200 from file 1 and line 500 from file 2. Thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: LiorAmitai
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

file descriptor count

I am trying to write a script which will only show me the file descriptor count for a process/pid. My script will return me the count only not the whole output. For example, I would like my script to return the output 23 this case, not the whole output. Can anybody please help me how do I get... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohullah
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with File Descriptor in a While loop

Hi, I am trying to read a file line-by-line in a while loop, and perform some tasks which involves non-interactive SSH to a remote server. The code looks something like this -- #!/usr/bin/ksh export myFile=/path/to/my/file.load while read line do do something ## Adding the SSH... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Subu1987
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable File Descriptor

Greetings. I am happily using constructs like the following; I have set -x to show fine distinctions. $ exec 4> afile + exec + 4> afile $ print -u4 This is the first line in afileAs you can see from the -x expansion, the shell performed the exec command and redirected file descriptor to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpaskudniak
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirecting with file descriptor

hello, Someone can help me with redirectors? I am writing this script in bash enviroment on Fedora: exec 4<> /dev/tcp/10.10.11.30/5000 #open socket in input/output strings<&4 >file.txt & I send file descriptor 4 to string command to purge data stream from special char while come from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rattoeur
3 Replies
CARD(1) 								FSF								   CARD(1)

NAME
card - print reference card of program options SYNOPSIS
card [OPTION]... PROGRAM... DESCRIPTION
Print a reference card of the PROGRAMs thanks to their inline help. OPTIONS
-h, --help display this help and exit -v, --version display version information and exit -o, --output=FILE save the output in FILE -l, --language=LL print the help in the language LL (default: English) --command=CMD perform pretty-printing on the output of CMD (e.g. --command='netscape -help') Options for a2ps are given after `--', for instance $ card -lfr a2ps -- -Pdisplay -4 News, updates and documentation: http://www.inf.enst.fr/~demaille/a2ps/ AUTHOR
Written by Akim Demaille. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-a2ps@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1997-99 Akim Demaille, Miguel Santana This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
a2ps(1), card(1), fixps(1), pdiff(1), psset(1), texi2dvi4a2ps(1). The full documentation for card is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and card programs are properly installed at your site, the command info card should give you access to the complete manual. card 1.3 (GNU a2ps 4.14) March 2014 CARD(1)