Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: raidctl on SUN T5240
Operating Systems Solaris raidctl on SUN T5240 Post 302224773 by girish.batra on Thursday 14th of August 2008 02:14:30 AM
Old 08-14-2008
Solaris 10 7/08 version has the same problem in that case, boot from that older version of Solaris 10 in single user mode and copy the binary of raidctl to replace the existing one. It will solve your problem also.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

disksuite and raidctl used together

I have a live Sunfire v440 server with 4 drives and I want to mirror drive 0 & 1 to 2 & 3. The on-board raid controller only allows for 1 live mirror. I was thinking of disksuite, but unfortunately the second disk is just one large partition with no free slices. I was thinking of using... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: csgonan
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

raidctl and resync when reboot

I am using raidctl on a v440 disk and noticed it resyncs after every boot, which takes about 30 minutes because of the size of the partition. I am concerned with what happens during the resync if "writes" happen to the disk before it is complete? Any info would be helpful. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: csgonan
0 Replies

3. Solaris

raidctl

At my own eys I can see 4 disks inside of server. Previous admin told me that hardware mirror is done. What I see with "format" is 2 disks - I suspect that these are 2 MIRRORS. I just cant be sure because raidctl show this: # raidctl -l c0t0d0 Volume Size Stripe ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: czezz
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris 10 Raidctl

Hello World: Recently I ran into an issue where a collegue had installed a Sun T5140 with twin 136GB disks in them. However, he forgot to execute the raidctl command first to mirror c1t0d0 to c1t1d0 boo hoo:) So along I come and try to mirror the disks by booting to sigle user... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rambo15
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Information About raidctl

Hello people i have a question, when i put raidctl -l on sun fire show this Volume Size Stripe Status Cache RAID Sub Size Level Disk ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: enkei17
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Raidctl - Sun T5240 Solaris 10 Problem

I tried using raidctl earlier today to use my 2 disks in a RAID1 setup and I totally destroyed my OS install. I'm sure I did something funky and it freaked out. No big deal...right? This is what I was seeing after a reboot. I decided to just reinstall the OS. It let me go through all of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingdbag
3 Replies

7. Solaris

SUN T5240 vs M3000

Hi, We are planning to buy new server for our data center. Sun T5240 or M3000 which one have better performance, we are going to create many dt sessions in this server. So, i need your suggestions. RJS (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajasekg
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

help in a script using raidctl

getStatusi86() { #storing logical volume name volumelist=`cfgadm -val | grep "Logical Volume" | awk '{print substr($1,9,14)}'` controller=`echo $volumelist | awk '{print substr($1,2,1)}'` #errordisk="" volume1=`echo $volumelist | awk '{print $1}'` for volume in $volumelist do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frintocf
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Bizarre Sun T5240 behavior

Hi - I have a T5240 with 7 LDOMS configured. One night, network comm was broken somehow. Nobody was doing anything on the machine at the time. Here is what I saw in messages: WARNING: nxge3 : nxge_dma_mem_alloc: ddi_dma_mem_alloc kmem alloc failed WARNING: nxge3 : nxge_alloc_rx_buf_dma:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pyroman
2 Replies
ppmquantall(1)						      General Commands Manual						    ppmquantall(1)

NAME
ppmquantall - run ppmquant on a bunch of files all at once, so they share a common colormap SYNOPSIS
ppmquantall [-ext extension] ncolors ppmfile ... DESCRIPTION
Takes a bunch of portable pixmap as input. Chooses ncolors colors to best represent all of the images, maps the existing colors to the new ones, and overwrites the input files with the new quantized versions. If you don't want to overwrite your input files, use the -ext option. The output files are then named the same as the input files, plus a period and the extension text you specify. Verbose explanation: Let's say you've got a dozen pixmaps that you want to display on the screen all at the same time. Your screen can only display 256 different colors, but the pixmaps have a total of a thousand or so different colors. For a single pixmap you solve this problem with ppmquant; this script solves it for multiple pixmaps. All it does is concatenate them together into one big pixmap, run ppmquant on that, and then split it up into little pixmaps again. (Note that another way to solve this problem is to pre-select a set of colors and then use ppmquant's -map option to separately quantize each pixmap to that set.) SEE ALSO
ppmquant(1), ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Jef Poskanzer. 27 July 1990 ppmquantall(1)