Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to Delete temp files and check file system Post 302224709 by Bwood1377 on Wednesday 13th of August 2008 08:01:53 PM
Old 08-13-2008
To answer your first question it's a Linux system. Thanks for your help, you're description made it a lot easier to understand what I was really trying to do. I really appreciate it, bakunin. Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tidying up temp files on exit of script

Hi I believe there is a method to remove all temporary files when a KSH script terminates (either expectedly or unexpectedly). I think is some sort of subroutine you can create that runs when the script exits. Can anyone help me with this please? Many thanks Helen :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bab00shka
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

File System Check using shell script !!!

Hi Guys I m posing this new thread as I didnt get satisfactory result after running search here. My requirement is very simple (using shell script) I need to findout what all file systems are mounted -> Then I need check the health of that file system - by disk usage & by doing a simple... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaha
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script to check if empty files are created and delete them and run a shell script

I have a local linux machine in which the files are dumped by a remote ubuntu server. If the process in remote server has any problem then empty files are created in local machine. Is there any way using perl script to check if the empty files are being created and delete them and then run a shell... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hussa1n
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check file system size

Dears, the output of this command df -h | tr -s ' ' | cut -f5 -d' ' is capacity 24% 0% 0% 0% 0% 1% 0% 24% 24% 0% 93% 1% (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: xxmasrawy
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to delete files at booting of system (system startup)

hi all I have a problem how to write a shell script which delete files/folder form directory whenever system boot and copy last updated folder/file in the specified directory.pse help me ASAP. i write a script which copy files in directory.I want when system boot up using script it check whether... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shubhig15
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to temp create files more than inode limit

HI, I am from testing background. I have a scenario of a file generation, through cronjob, on a defined path. After I fill the data as 100 % utilized, my application is generating an empty file on the defined path. # df -kh Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: atulbassi83
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with a shell script to check /var file system

deleting (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

need a shell script to extract the files from source file and check whether those files existonserve

Hi, I am new to shell scripting.Please help me on this.I am using solaris 10 OS and shell i am using is # echo $0 -sh My requirement is i have source file say makefile.I need to extract files with extensions (.c |.cxx |.h |.hxx |.sc) from the makefile.after doing so i need to check whether... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Backup shell script created temp files .

Hi, I've a script which creates a temp flat file for storing all business dates received on a single day from diff control files sent by source system on that day. e.g on 12th april I receive txns for business day 8,9,10,11 april. I capture this business day and append to a flat file from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manojg9
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to check a file and delete old files

Hello, I needed help with a shell script where in it checks if a file exists under a directory and also checks the age of the file and delete it if it is older than 3 weeks. thanks (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: hasn318
10 Replies
ARITHMETIC(6)							 BSD Games Manual						     ARITHMETIC(6)

NAME
arithmetic -- quiz on simple arithmetic SYNOPSIS
arithmetic [-o +-x/] [-r range] DESCRIPTION
arithmetic asks you to solve problems in simple arithmetic. Each question must be answered correctly before going on to the next. After every 20 problems, it prints the score so far and the time taken. You can quit at any time by typing the interrupt or end-of-file character. The options are as follows: -o By default, arithmetic asks questions on addition of numbers from 0 to 10, and corresponding subtraction. By supplying one or more of the characters +-x/, you can ask for problems in addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division, respectively. If you give one of these characters more than once, that kind of problem will be asked correspondingly more often. -r If a range is supplied, arithmetic selects the numbers in its problems in the following way. For addition and multiplication, the numbers to be added or multiplied are between 0 and range, inclusive. For subtraction and division, both the required result and the number to divide by or subtract will be between 0 and range. (Of course, arithmetic will not ask you to divide by 0.) The default is 10. When you get a problem wrong, arithmetic will remember the numbers involved, and will tend to select those numbers more often than others, in problems of the same sort. Eventually it will forgive and forget. arithmetic cannot be persuaded to tell you the right answer. You must work it out for yourself. DIAGNOSTICS
``What?'' if you get a question wrong. ``Right!'' if you get it right. ``Please type a number.'' if arithmetic doesn't understand what you typed. SEE ALSO
bc(1), dc(1) BSD
May 31, 1993 BSD