Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Most used unix platform as desktop. Post 302224570 by harlanb on Wednesday 13th of August 2008 12:21:56 PM
Old 08-13-2008
Currently I have 3 systems running Gentoo Linux as desktops; 1 is a laptop, 2 are tower/mini-tower systems. One of the tower systems is going to be replaced by a laptop though. I also have 2 other computers running Gentoo Linux as servers which run email, database, VPN and web services. I also have a couple of other computers running Gentoo Linux, but they are for testing and don't actually run very often.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

C++ on True Unix Platform

Hi all: I would like to get some details about development using C++ on TRUE Unix platform. Can anyone help me ?? Thanks, -Mandar (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mandar3
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Porting of Windows written unix scripts to unix platform

Can anybody help me in finding out a solution for the problem below? When we write .unix or .sh files in windows OS and port them to Unix platforms there is a character ^M inserted at the end of each line of the script file. During ftp porting I set the transfer mode as ASCII for the script... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamilselvi
7 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

checking the size of unix cd on windows platform

Hi, Is it possible or is there a program out there that can get the byte size of a unix cd on the windows platform. Any help would be really great with this. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnjsm
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help in choosing Unix Platform.

I'm a completely noob to Unix. I have previously managed quite well Windows OS's but never Unix. -My question is quite simple: I've been investigating what's the easiest and most complex Unix OS. However, it seems there are quite a couple of OS's from which to choose, like: -Darwin ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: justanoob
3 Replies

5. Programming

Platform type in Unix

Hi all, How does one get the platform type in UNIX (for e.g. sparc/i386)? I need an function call and not the command like uname -p. thanks! (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: slash_blog
24 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

i am newer to unix platform

i have to select particular fields from a multiple line record. my record is in dump.txt file and looks like this ******************* tipo = abonado simplex, Idiomas = dic1 - none, Operador = estandar Serv. portadora admitido: modem ind = 0 numero telefonico = 79260960, att = 0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: junaid.nehvi
1 Replies

7. Programming

about unix platform

Hi can any body post example for socket tcpclient in c++ act like browser with HTTp 1.1 and send message for the server (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Net Star
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is unix os or platform?

hellow everyone, iam a new user to linux and i have question about unix os. unix is operating system or platform iam confused. i have read some article about unix but i haven't found the answer what iam searching for. so iam confused in this topic can anyone made it clear. Any types of... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: paruhang
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

R plots in UNIX platform

How do you see plots produced in R under UNIX platform? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnkim0806
2 Replies
TOPPLER(6)							   Games Manual 							TOPPLER(6)

NAME
toppler - clone of the old "Nebulous" game SYNOPSIS
toppler [-f] [-h] [-s] [-dNUM ] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the toppler command. The goal of the game is to reach the target door of each of the 8 towers in currently 2 missions with this little green animal. This door is usually at the very top of the tower. But finding the way by using elevators and walking trough a maze of doors and platforms is not the only problem you have to solve. There are a bunch of other creatures living on the tower that will hinder you to reach your target by pushing you over the edge of the platforms. The only weapon of defence you have is to throw a little snowball. But most of the other creatures just don't care about this. So you must avoid them. A little submarine brings you from one tower to the next. On this way you have the chance to get some bonus points by catching fish. All you have to do is to catch a fish in a bubble with your torpedo and then collect the fish. CONTROLS
In the menu you can select the mission you want to play next with the left and right cursor keys. Press space or return on the start menu item to start the game. The animal is controlled by the cursor keys and space (or return). Left and right make the animal walk. Up and down make the elevators move if you are on one. (The elevator platforms are a little bit smaller than the normal platforms.) If you are in front of a door press up to enter it. Pressing the space key will either throw a snowball if you are standing still or make the animal jump if you are walking. In the level designer, press F1 or h for the online help. OPTIONS
The program understands the following command line options. -f Starts the game in fullscreen mode. But be careful! If the game crashes it doesn't restore the original resolution, it stays in 640x480 pixel mode. -h Display short usage information and exit. -s Makes the game silent. If you don't have a soundcard or for another reason get an "can't open audio" error try this option. -dNUM Sets the debugging level; NUM is between 0 and 9, and the higher it is, the more information toppler will print out to the console. (The default debugging level is 0.) AUTHOR
Toppler was written by Andreas Rover <roever@users.sf.net>. Later Pasi Kallinen contributed a lot of code. This manual page was written by Ben Bell <bjb@debian.org> for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). It was revised by Dylan Thurston <dpt@math.harvard.edu>, and by Bill Allombert <ballombe@debian.org>. TOPPLER(6)