Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Most used unix platform as desktop. Post 302224570 by harlanb on Wednesday 13th of August 2008 12:21:56 PM
Old 08-13-2008
Currently I have 3 systems running Gentoo Linux as desktops; 1 is a laptop, 2 are tower/mini-tower systems. One of the tower systems is going to be replaced by a laptop though. I also have 2 other computers running Gentoo Linux as servers which run email, database, VPN and web services. I also have a couple of other computers running Gentoo Linux, but they are for testing and don't actually run very often.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

C++ on True Unix Platform

Hi all: I would like to get some details about development using C++ on TRUE Unix platform. Can anyone help me ?? Thanks, -Mandar (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mandar3
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Porting of Windows written unix scripts to unix platform

Can anybody help me in finding out a solution for the problem below? When we write .unix or .sh files in windows OS and port them to Unix platforms there is a character ^M inserted at the end of each line of the script file. During ftp porting I set the transfer mode as ASCII for the script... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamilselvi
7 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

checking the size of unix cd on windows platform

Hi, Is it possible or is there a program out there that can get the byte size of a unix cd on the windows platform. Any help would be really great with this. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnjsm
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help in choosing Unix Platform.

I'm a completely noob to Unix. I have previously managed quite well Windows OS's but never Unix. -My question is quite simple: I've been investigating what's the easiest and most complex Unix OS. However, it seems there are quite a couple of OS's from which to choose, like: -Darwin ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: justanoob
3 Replies

5. Programming

Platform type in Unix

Hi all, How does one get the platform type in UNIX (for e.g. sparc/i386)? I need an function call and not the command like uname -p. thanks! (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: slash_blog
24 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

i am newer to unix platform

i have to select particular fields from a multiple line record. my record is in dump.txt file and looks like this ******************* tipo = abonado simplex, Idiomas = dic1 - none, Operador = estandar Serv. portadora admitido: modem ind = 0 numero telefonico = 79260960, att = 0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: junaid.nehvi
1 Replies

7. Programming

about unix platform

Hi can any body post example for socket tcpclient in c++ act like browser with HTTp 1.1 and send message for the server (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Net Star
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is unix os or platform?

hellow everyone, iam a new user to linux and i have question about unix os. unix is operating system or platform iam confused. i have read some article about unix but i haven't found the answer what iam searching for. so iam confused in this topic can anyone made it clear. Any types of... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: paruhang
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

R plots in UNIX platform

How do you see plots produced in R under UNIX platform? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnkim0806
2 Replies
dll(1)								  brickOS Utility							    dll(1)

NAME
dll - A user-program downloader for the RCX. SYNOPSIS
dll [options] command | {file}.lx DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents the dll user-program download command. dll is a program which is used to download user programs written for brickOS to the RCX. OPTIONS
This program follows the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). The options supported by dll are: (run with no parms) Show built-in help (summary of options) -e, --execute Execute program after download. -i{0|1}, --irmode={0|1} Set IR mode (on RCX) to near(0) or far(1) -p{1-8}, --program={1-8} Download program to program-slot-number {1-8} NOTE: LegOS supports 8 program slots where the Mindstorms original firmware only supports 5. -r{hostaddress}, --rcxaddr={hostaddress} Send to RCX LNP at host address {0-15}. Default is 0. See also --node={hostaddress} -s{srcport}, --srcport={srcport} Send to RCX LNP source port {0-15} -t{ttydevice} --tty={ttydevice} Specify serial tty device where IR tower is connected. NOTE: The environment variable RCXTTY may be used in place of -tty -v, --verbose Enable verbose output COMMANDS
-d{1-8}, --delete={1-8} Delete program from program-slot-number {1-8} -n{hostaddress}, --node={hostaddress} Set RCX LNP host address to {0-15} ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
dll will respond to the environment variable RCXTTY. This should be set to the serial device to which the IR tower is connected. Use of RCXTTY is equivalent the using the -tty command-line option. EXAMPLES
dll is a simple command to use. The following examples show most of the uses. Ex1: download demo/robots.lx to the RCX as program 0. $ dll -tty=/dev/ttyS0 demo/robots.lx $ NOTE: there is no response from dll(1) on a successful download. You can, however watch the RCX display during the download and see activ- ity. Ex2: download the demo/linetrack.lx into program-slot 7. (note we are first setting RCXTTY so we don't have to keep specifying the tty device each download). $ export RCXTTY=/dev/ttyS1 $ dll -p7 demo/linetrack.lx $ Ex3: download demo/rover.lx but we are leaving the RCX powered off (assume RCXTTY is already set). $ dll -p2 demo/rover.lx error deleting program $ NOTE: dll first deletes the existing program from the specified program slot and then downloads the new one. This error indicates that the first thing dll tried to do did not succeed. We'll leave the experiment of running dll with --verbose set as an exercise for you our reader... (This is actually a combination of progress infromation and debug ouput.) ERROR MESSAGES
Unfortunately, there is basically only one dll error message, and it applies to most possible errors, including a disconnected IR tower, an RCX that is turned off, an RCX that doesn't have brickOS, and an RCX that has brickOS and is already running a program. So, check all those things when dll fails. SEE ALSO
firmdl3(1) AUTHOR
dll was written by: Markus L. Noga. Addiitonal Contributor(s): everyone discussing LNP at LUGNET This manual page was written by Stephen M Moraco <stephen@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). brickOS May 12, 2002 dll(1)