Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Generic and Solaris Version
Operating Systems Solaris Generic and Solaris Version Post 302224524 by photon on Wednesday 13th of August 2008 10:46:48 AM
Old 08-13-2008
Generic and Solaris Version

I am going to upgrade RAM in V240, I updated the ALOM with
version 1.6 and have will update PROM on boot of server, but
RAM needs Solaris 9 8/03 or later and from uname -a I get:
Code:
SunOS name1 5.9 Generic_117171-05 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V240

not sure what version of Solaris "Generic_117171-05" is and can't find
any info on this, does anybody know version or where I can find out?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Version on Solaris Server

Hi, I am a new user to Solaris Server and also to Unix. Please let me know the difference between Solaris OS and Unix, what is the relation. I am not sure what exactly i am working on Solris or Unix. Secondly can anyone let me know how can i check the version and the patches installed on my... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitkhiare
3 Replies

2. Solaris

How to check version of Solaris?

Hi All, Looks a foolish question, but please can someone tell me the command to check version of Solaris OS? Thanks, Am (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: am_yadav
5 Replies

3. Solaris

Command to know Solaris version

Hi, Can anybody give me the command to know what is the solaris version which is running on a server? Thanks Amit (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitrajvarma
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris version

Hi all, a stupid question about a command to check the Solaris Version, I'm working on Solaris 10 and I need to check that the Version is " 10 " with a UNIX command. I just used " uname -a " command but I had this result: SunOS dev510 5.10 Generic_118833-36 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-4 so... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sunb3
2 Replies

5. Solaris

what is the command to see the java version in solaris 8 and solaris 10

what is the command to see the java version in solaris 8 and solaris 10 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tv.praveenkumar
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 10 Java version

I have an issue here setting up ASR with a server. In order to have the SASM service runnning/enabled, the required java version is 1.6 U18(latest). My OS came with JDK 1.5 I downloaded and installed 1.6 But when I did java -version , its still showing 1.5 I captured the below from another... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: incredible
4 Replies

7. Solaris

solaris version confusion

Hello sorry for this stupid question - but i have a Solaris 10 10/08 s10x_u6wos_07b server - and i dont know, what does this versioninfo "10/08 u6" mean - i think it is the version from installdate. but i often installed recommendet patchsets - i think a patchset doesn´t change the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: roorbacj
3 Replies

8. Solaris

How to read this Solaris version:-Solaris 8 HW 5/03 s28s_hw2wos_06a SPARC?

Hi Guys, Could you please tell me how to read this Solaris version:- Solaris 8 HW 5/03 s28s_hw2wos_06a SPARC Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Generic command for Memory usuage on Linux and Solaris

Hi, I m using the below commands to find out the RAM and SWAP Memory usage on Linux. free -m while I m using the below for Solaris prstat -cZ 1 1 Is there a generic command that I can used for both Linux and Solaris to get RAM and SWAP memory usage ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies
suninstall(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    suninstall(1M)

NAME
suninstall - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
suninstall DESCRIPTION
install-solaris(1M) is now the preferred command for starting and restarting the Solaris Installation program. It should be used instead of suninstall. suninstall is symbolically linked to install-solaris. suninstall is a forms-based and graphical subsystem for installing the operating system. suninstall exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should only be invoked from there. Refer to the Solaris 10 Instal- lation Guide: Basic Installations for more details. suninstall allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. suninstall loads the software available on the installa- tion media. Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for disk space requirements. USAGE
Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for more information on the various menus and selections. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pkginfo(1), install(1M), install-solaris(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations NOTES
It is advisable to exit suninstall by means of the exit options in the suninstall menus. SunOS 5.10 9 Sep 2004 suninstall(1M)