Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX need help on dbx commands? AIX Post 302224480 by vparunkumar on Wednesday 13th of August 2008 09:04:16 AM
Old 08-13-2008
need help on dbx commands? AIX

Hi ..

I have a core_dump in the server... AIX 5.3 . It was created by on proc executable called "ProcessIse" . from the log report i found the source file name
"ProcessIseInterface.C" which created the core file.
the core file name is : "core" under /iprs/bin directory.

can you help me ? how do i start the investigation using dbx ?
what are all the commands should need to execute for fixing the bug?

Im very new to unix environment...so, can anyone give me your advice ?

Thanks
Arun

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

AIX DBX Error

I am trying to debug a program, which had generated a core dump. When I issue 'where' command, it list me filename along with line number, which in case is not at all there in the .c file. Example: (dbx) where func1(var1= (...), var2 = 86, var3 = 0,var4 = 0) , line 87 in "prog.f" main(),... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: S.P.Prasad
1 Replies

2. AIX

AIX Hardware commands

Hi All, Needed commands to find Monitor , chassis & keyboard related information on AIX. Please please please help. Thanks VK (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Veenak15
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

need help on dbx commands?

Hi .. I have a core_dump in the server... AIX 5.3 . It was created by on proc executable called "ProcessIse" . from the log report i found the source file name "ProcessIseInterface.C" which created the core file. the core file name is : "core" under /iprs/bin directory. can you help me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vparunkumar
1 Replies

4. AIX

Processing of commands in AIX

Whenever we type in a command of AIX, how does it get interpreted by AIX?(backend processing) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AIXlearner
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AIX commands newbie

Guys i am a newbie with AIX. I would be glad if you can help me produce answers in this questions. thanks 1. Check server connectivity 2. Check/review/investigate for login failure detection 3. Check/review/investigate for user login failure 4. Check/review/investigate for Revoke Detection... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: redtred
0 Replies

6. AIX

Using dbx on AIX

Hi, We are porting a virtual machine application which emits native PowerPC instructions. The instructions are written to the data segment and are then executed, similar to the JIT / hot spot technology used in the Java VM. The problem is that the AIX debugger (dbx) will not show me stack... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nrgiii
3 Replies

7. AIX

Helpful AIX Commands to keep -Enjoy

List the licensed program productslslpp -L List the defined devices lsdev -C -H List the disk drives on the system lsdev -Cc disk List the memory on the system lsdev -Cc memory (MCA) List the memory on the system lsattr -El sys0 -a realmem (PCI) lsattr -El mem0 List system resources lsattr... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aix|Dr
9 Replies

8. AIX

Need AIX system commands

Hey Guyz, I am preparing an inventory kindof thing about the aix servers.. I need help to find out the below details for many AIX servers.. Machine model and version Disk Size RAM size no. of CPUs and thier information list of softwares installed I searched in web.. but not much info I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thariqueakbar
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use dbx on AIX?

Hi, I ahd created my executable file from makefile on AIX. Now I want to debug my code using dbx. I typed: dbx help It goes into (dbx) prompt But afte that i do not know what to do to put breakpoints in my program and how to run step by step. Help me out ASAP. Thanks in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Poonamol
0 Replies

10. Programming

AIX dbx - attaching to a process that is crashing

Hey everyone, I'm trying to attach to a process that is crashing so I can debug the source code. I've tried this: dbx -a PID stop at "file.cpp":line# However, nothing ever breaks. The service crashes and restarts, but I never see it hitting the code. I've tried to use a core file, but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctote
2 Replies
FINCORE(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						FINCORE(1)

NAME
fincore -- query in-core status of file pages SYNOPSIS
fincore [-qs] file ... DESCRIPTION
The fincore utility queries and displays in-core status of specified files. Note that the result can already be stale when being output due to other activities in the system. Thus it should be used only for advisory purposes. The fincore utility accepts the following options. -q The quiet mode. Outputs nothing unless the file has in-core pages. -s The summary mode. Only shows number of pages. EXAMPLES
The following example shows that /bin/cat and /bin/cp are fully cached in-core while the other executables are not in-core. numbers shown in the default output are page indexes in the file of each in-core pages. % fincore /bin/c* /bin/cat: 0 1 2 3 /bin/chio: /bin/chmod: /bin/cp: 0 1 2 3 4 5 /bin/cpio: /bin/csh: % fincore -s /bin/c* /bin/cat: 4 / 4 in-core pages (100.00%) /bin/chio: 0 / 5 in-core pages (0.00%) /bin/chmod: 0 / 3 in-core pages (0.00%) /bin/cp: 6 / 6 in-core pages (100.00%) /bin/cpio: 0 / 36 in-core pages (0.00%) /bin/csh: 0 / 41 in-core pages (0.00%) SEE ALSO
mincore(2) AUTHORS
The fincore utility is written by YAMAMOTO Takashi. CAVEATS
The concept of page cache is an implementation detail of the kernel. The fincore utility works using some assumptions on the current imple- mentation. Thus it might stop working in a future version of NetBSD. BUGS
The amount of CPU time the current implementation of fincore utility would take is roughly proportional to the file sizes. Ideally it should be proportional to the number of in-core pages. BSD
January 5, 2012 BSD