Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to create incrementing counter Post 302224422 by palsevlohit_123 on Wednesday 13th of August 2008 06:10:23 AM
Old 08-13-2008
find the outputs from myside

> cat counter.bash
#!/bin/bash
counter=1
counter=`expr $counter + 1`
echo $counter

> bash counter.bash

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

incrementing a for loop

I have, LIST="a b c d e" for word in $LIST do echo $word done would give me a b c d e With the first iteration of the for loop, I get "a" as the result. Is it possible that I get both "a" and "b" in only the first iteration. In the next iteration I get "c" and "d" and so on.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: run_time_error
2 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

No. post not incrementing

Hi Admin, i just noticed that when I do postings, the number does not increment. eg : Post A -Total Posts 312 Post B - Total Posts 312 Post C - Total Posts 313 Post D - Total Posts 313 Why is this so? Can you kindly check this out? Thank you. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: incredible
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Incrementing in while loop

echo "Enter Starting id:" echo "" read rvst_strt_idxx echo "" echo "Enter Closing id:" echo "" read rvst_clsn_idxx FIELD1=$rvst_strt_idxx FIELD2="USER" FIELD3="TEST" FIELD4="12345" FIELD5="00000" echo "" echo "INSERT INTO TABLE( FIELD1, FIELD2, FIELD3, FIELD4, ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ultimatix
7 Replies

4. Programming

incrementing variables in C++

Hello, what is the result of the below, and how does it work? int i = 5; cout << i++ * ++i << endl; cout << i << endl; (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Incrementing with a twist - please help

I'm currently trying to write a ksh or csh script that would change the name of a file found in directories and attach to the name an incrementing three digit number. I know how to write a script that will go: 000, 001, 002, 003, etc The twist is I need more increments then allowed by a 3... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rust
11 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Incrementing variable in for

Hi, want to increment a variable in a for loop like this: for (( c=$total-1; c>=0; c-- )) do if ; then maximo=$valores fi done But it gives the error: No such file or directory How can i do this only incrementing the c variable? Thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: limadario
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Incrementing ascii values

Hi All, I require some help with the below: I am trying to incriment the ascii value of a letter and then print it. So basically "a" becomes "b" and "z" becomes "A". Does anyone have any pointers? Cheers, Parks (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: bParks
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Incrementing the date depending on the Counter (parameter) passed to the script

Hello Everyone, I have been trying to complete a shell script where, I need to increment the date depending on the file (depending on the date) availability on the remote server. i.e. Basically, I will be passing a counter (like parameter 1 or 2 or 3 or 4). First I will check for the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: filter
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Incrementing number in bash

I have the following code and getting the error ./raytrac.bash: line 231: ((: 0++: syntax error: operand expected (error token is "+") iarg = 0 iarg=0 narg=$# # Number of arguments passed. echo "narg = $narg" argsArr=("$@") # Set... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with incrementing the date

I have a date variable like 2012-12-31 ( YYYY -MM -DD ) in flat file and it has to be incremtented by 1 every time i run the script Example : i tried the below script after data modifcation but this does not seem to work expr `20121231 +%Y%m%d` + 1 Note : Mine is not a GNU... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: akshay01987
4 Replies
GLGETACTIVEATOMICCOU(3G)					  [FIXME: manual]					  GLGETACTIVEATOMICCOU(3G)

NAME
glGetActiveAtomicCounterBufferiv - retrieve information about the set of active atomic counter buffers for a program C SPECIFICATION
void glGetActiveAtomicCounterBufferiv(Gluint program, GLuint bufferIndex, GLenum pname, GLint *params); PARAMETERS
program The name of a program object from which to retrieve information. bufferIndex Specifies index of an active atomic counter buffer. pname Specifies which parameter of the atomic counter buffer to retrieve. params Specifies the address of a variable into which to write the retrieved information. DESCRIPTION
glGetActiveAtomicCounterBufferiv retrieves information about the set of active atomic counter buffers for a program object. program is the name of a program object for which the command glLinkProgram() has been issued in the past. It is not necessary for program to have been linked successfully. The link may have failed because the number of active atomic counters exceeded the limits. bufferIndex specifies the index of an active atomic counter buffer and must be in the range zero to the value of GL_ACTIVE_ATOMIC_COUNTER_BUFFERS minus one. The value of GL_ACTIVE_ATOMIC_COUNTER_BUFFERS for program indicates the number of active atomic counter buffer and can be queried with glGetProgram(). If no error occurs, the parameter(s) specified by pname are returned in params. If an error is generated, the contents of params are not modified. If pname is GL_ATOMIC_COUNTER_BUFFER_BINDING, then the index of the counter buffer binding point associated with the active atomic counter buffer bufferIndex for program is returned. If pname is GL_ATOMIC_COUNTER_BUFFER_DATA_SIZE, then the implementation-dependent minimum total buffer object size, in baseic machine units, required to hold all active atomic counters in the atomic counter binding point identified by bufferIndex is returned. If pname is GL_ATOMIC_COUNTER_BUFFER_ACTIVE_ATOMIC_COUNTERS, then the number of active atomic counters for the atomic counter buffer identified by bufferIndex is returned. If pname is GL_ATOMIC_COUNTER_BUFFER_ACTIVE_ATOMIC_COUNTER_INDICES, then a list of the active atomic counter indices for the atomic counter buffer identified by bufferIndex is returned. The number of elements that will be written into params is the value of GL_ATOMIC_COUNTER_BUFFER_ACTIVE_ATOMIC_COUNTERS for bufferIndex. If pname is GL_ATOMIC_COUNTER_BUFFER_REFERENCED_BY_VERTEX_SHADER, GL_ATOMIC_COUNTER_BUFFER_REFERENCED_BY_TESS_CONTROL_SHADER, GL_ATOMIC_COUNTER_BUFFER_REFERENCED_BY_TESS_EVALUATION_SHADER, GL_ATOMIC_COUNTER_BUFFER_REFERENCED_BY_GEOMETRY_SHADER, or GL_ATOMIC_COUNTER_BUFFER_REFERENCED_BY_FRAGMENT_SHADER, then a boolean value indicating whether the atomic counter buffer identified by bufferIndex is referenced by the vertex, tessellation control, tessellation evaluation, geometry or fragment processing stages of program, respectively, is returned. NOTES
glGetActiveAtomicCounterBufferiv is available only if the GL version is 4.2 or higher. ERRORS
GL_INVALID_VALUE is generated if program is not the name of a program object for which glLinkProgram() has been called in the past. GL_INVALID_VALUE is generated if bufferIndex is greater than or equal to the value of GL_ACTIVE_ATOMIC_COUNTER_BUFFERS for program. GL_INVALID_ENUM is generated if pname is not one of the accepted tokens. SEE ALSO
glGetProgram(), glGetActiveSubroutineUniform(), glGetActiveSubroutineUniformName(), glGetUniformLocation() COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2011 Khronos Group. This material may be distributed subject to the terms and conditions set forth in the Open Publication License, v 1.0, 8 June 1999. http://opencontent.org/openpub/. [FIXME: source] 05/30/2012 GLGETACTIVEATOMICCOU(3G)