Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris sendmail failed after patch update Post 302224311 by rcmrulzz on Tuesday 12th of August 2008 10:28:09 PM
Old 08-12-2008
@incredible
bro hw did u do that? Smilie steps?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Sendmail 8.12.7 Vulnerability and Patch

(0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

2. Solaris

patch update instructions

Hi All, I need to update my solaris with a particular patch. When reading the instruction on the sun web site, I got this: Installation Requirements: Reboot immediately after installing this patch on an active boot environment to bring the system to a consistent state. An alternative may... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
8 Replies

3. Solaris

patch update and break mirror

Hi All, How do you know if you need to break the mirror on solaris 8 patch update? Here's the patch example, 117350-54. On the site, it's just a low type update and not a medium or critical. Is breaking a mirror a best practice only or really a requirement to some patch? Thanks, itik (1 Reply)
1 Replies

4. High Performance Computing

verify patch update

Hi All, If I need to verify my solaris 8 with patch 110910-03 and I query the server below: #showrev -p | grep 'Patch: 110910-' Patch: 110910-01 Obsoletes: Requires: Incompatibles: Packages: SUNWcsu Do I still need to apply the patch if the older 110910-01 patch exist? Please... (5 Replies)
5 Replies

5. Linux

kernel patch update how to

Hi All, I need to update my redhatas4 kernel with kernel-2.6.9-67.0.20.EL.src.rpm. When I run this # rpm -ivh kernel-2.6.9-67.0.20.EL.src.rpm warning: user brewbuilder does not exist - using root warning: group brewbuilder does not exist - using root warning: user brewbuilder does... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

6. High Performance Computing

veritas cluster with kernel patch update

hi all, can someone please share their process on how to kernel patch a red hat ent 4 with veritas cluster 5? it's compose of a primary and backup node. the resources are db, disk, nic. it doesn't need to be detail, just give me the steps like: login to the backup node and update the... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Update Solaris patch

Hi All I had update the solaris version, and now wish to update the patch. but when i check my patch version, i cant find any version for that. any idea? root@leo # showrev Hostname: leo Hostid: 839b58a3 Release: 5.10 Kernel architecture: sun4u Application architecture: sparc... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
8 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10 10/09 (Update 8) Patch upgrade

Solaris 10 10/09 (Update 8) Patch upgrade can be done in single user mode? any suggestions.. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandravadrevu
2 Replies

9. AIX

Failed to apply the IZ86736 patch in TL6 SP1

while i was trying to apply the patch IZ86736 in TL6_SP1 its give me the below error instfix -d . -p -f /tmp/.instfix_selections.20512908 > File installp -acgNqXd . -f File File: bos.rte.control 06.01.0006.0003 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thecobra151
3 Replies
WHAT-PATCH(1)						      General Commands Manual						     WHAT-PATCH(1)

NAME
what-patch - detect which patch system a Debian package uses SYNOPSIS
what-patch [options] DESCRIPTION
what-patch examines the debian/rules file to determine which patch system the Debian package is using. what-patch should be run from the root directory of the Debian source package. OPTIONS
Listed below are the command line options for what-patch: -h, --help Display a help message and exit. -v Enable verbose mode. This will include the listing of any files modified outside or the debian/ directory and report any additional details about the patch system if available. AUTHORS
what-patch was written by Kees Cook <kees@ubuntu.com>, Siegfried-A. Gevatter <rainct@ubuntu.com>, and Daniel Hahler <ubuntu@thequod.de>, among others. This manual page was written by Jonathan Patrick Davies <jpds@ubuntu.com>. Both are released under the GNU General Public License, version 3 or later. SEE ALSO
The Ubuntu MOTU team has some documentation about patch systems at the Ubuntu wiki: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PackagingGuide/PatchSystems cdbs-edit-patch(1), dbs-edit-patch(1), dpatch-edit-patch(1) DEBIAN
Debian Utilities WHAT-PATCH(1)