Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Search directories for files with zero sizes to delete Post 302224249 by jim mcnamara on Tuesday 12th of August 2008 03:15:51 PM
Old 08-12-2008
Code:
find /path/to/files -size 0 -ok  rm {} \;

Pretty much does what you want.

Last edited by jim mcnamara; 08-12-2008 at 04:25 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search for files in multiple directories

I want to search for a file pattern in more than one directory. How I need to do that? Here is the scenario: I am having a directory structure like the following: /log ...../20051001 ..........ftp_server_20051001.log ..........ftp_down_server.log ..........ftp_up_server.log... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravikirankethe
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

delete pattern files in sub directories

Hello friends, I am compiling some set of SQL scripts in a set of sub directories demoed as below. After compiling log files are being created. Each and every time after compiling time I had to go subdir by subdir to delete the log files. I am sure there should be simple way to look for all log... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adurga
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

A Batch job to delete files from various directories

Hi, I have a shell script to find files older than 'X' days ($2) in directory path ($1) and delete them. Like this: my_file_remover.sh /usr/home/c 90 Now, I need to modify this script and add it in CRON, so that it checks other directories also. Like: my_file_remover.sh /usr/home/c... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: guruparan18
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete files from sub-directories over 7 days

Can any one please help me in deleting all the Files over 7 days from sub-directories A, B, C... Top-Directory Sub-Directory-A File-1 File-2 ..... File-n Sub-Directory-B File-1 File-2 ..... File-n Sub-Directory-C File-1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sureshcisco
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Directories sizes

Hello everyone, can anybody help me in finding a way to obtain a list of all the directories and their sizes. I would like to be able to run this and obtain an output like a tree structure with each branch saying how much space it is taking up . Hope you can point me in the right direction.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gio001
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to access files from different directories and to perform search action in those files?

Hi, I want to access files from different directories (for example: /home/dir1/file1 , /home/dir2/file2 ...) Like this i have to access these files(file1, file2...). (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bangarukannan
3 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Find and delete empty files and directories

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Need to make a script, to remove all empty files and folders from current category. It also should show the name... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Itixop
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to go Into Directories and Find/Delete files

I have a task, I usually do manually, but with growing responsibilities I tend to forget to do this weekly, I want to write a script that automates this, but I cant seem to work it out in my head, I have the shell of it out, but need help, and you guys have helped me with EVERY problem I have... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gkelly1117
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete files in group of directories

OS: SUNOS 5.10 i386 Hello guys I wrote a shell script in bash shell to delete the files less than 30 days old. The following is the script. ======================================= #!/bin/bash for dirs in `/clu04/oracle/directory_list.lst` do find $dirs -type f -mtime -30 -exec rm {} \;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zacsparrow
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete directories and files with xargs?

Hello, i have an dynamical apache_cache that I need to clean all days (older tant one day) with an unix command : find /usr/IBM/HTTPServer/apache_cache/ -name '*' -mtime +1 -print0|xargs -0 rm -r -- but it didn't work. Could you explain me why. So I will put below all my script :... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: steiner
13 Replies
File::Find::Rule::Procedural(3) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   File::Find::Rule::Procedural(3)

NAME
File::Find::Rule::Procedural - File::Find::Rule's procedural interface SYNOPSIS
use File::Find::Rule; # find all .pm files, procedurally my @files = find(file => name => '*.pm', in => @INC); DESCRIPTION
In addition to the regular object-oriented interface, File::Find::Rule provides two subroutines for you to use. "find( @clauses )" "rule( @clauses )" "find" and "rule" can be used to invoke any methods available to the OO version. "rule" is a synonym for "find" Passing more than one value to a clause is done with an anonymous array: my $finder = find( name => [ '*.mp3', '*.ogg' ] ); "find" and "rule" both return a File::Find::Rule instance, unless one of the arguments is "in", in which case it returns a list of things that match the rule. my @files = find( name => [ '*.mp3', '*.ogg' ], in => $ENV{HOME} ); Please note that "in" will be the last clause evaluated, and so this code will search for mp3s regardless of size. my @files = find( name => '*.mp3', in => $ENV{HOME}, size => '<2k' ); ^ | Clause processing stopped here ------/ It is also possible to invert a single rule by prefixing it with "!" like so: # large files that aren't videos my @files = find( file => '!name' => [ '*.avi', '*.mov' ], size => '>20M', in => $ENV{HOME} ); AUTHOR
Richard Clamp <richardc@unixbeard.net> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003 Richard Clamp. All Rights Reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
File::Find::Rule perl v5.16.3 2011-09-19 File::Find::Rule::Procedural(3)