Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: enumeration types in C
Top Forums Programming enumeration types in C Post 302224155 by cleopard on Tuesday 12th of August 2008 10:23:14 AM
Old 08-12-2008
Yes, that will work just fine; I guess I should have thought of something like that before.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

servers types

dear sir , i would like to ask about sun solaries servers generations ? i hear about sparc and ultra . i want to know the versions , and is there other servers types ?? Thank (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamemi
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

So many types of LINUX's!

I installed Redhat into my system. The reason? This was the version my friend was running and he told me about this one, so I downloaded and installed it. Simple enough :D But as I am searching the net, I am coming across many other forms of linux made by other companies. Redhat seems to be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Minnesota Red
2 Replies

3. Programming

X-Windows Enumeration

Hi, I'm new to x-windows system and I have a few questions: 1. How can I write a C program to enumerate all the windows on the local and remote computers? In other words: How can I create a list of all the windows in the system (maximized/minimized/active/not active ....)? 2. How can I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: itaihoe
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Two types of pipes?

What is the difference between: cd /tmp tar -cf - *.txt |gzip > tmp_txt.tar.gz and cd /tmp mknod pipe p gzip < pipe > /tmp/tmp_txt1.tar.gz & tar -cf pipe *.txt Apart from the fact that we have to create the pipe file manually, is there any difference in the performance of the two?... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: blowtorch
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mime types

Hi, I am trying to launch an ogg movie from a pdf file which has been produced with pdflatex and \movie {\centerline{\includegraphics {grafiques_xerrades/un_manolo_amb_camera.pdf}}} {hlims_xerrades/XocCumuls.ogg} The switch "externalviewer" makes kpdf launch the default... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pau
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Un-compression types...

Hi Folks, As I am familiar wih both types compresion forms: gun-zip and .rpm. My questions is how do I uncompress gunz.zip type? As the .rpm I can double click and it will extract...Can someone shed some light on this and thank you... M (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mombo_Z
2 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

What Types of Food Do You Like The Most?

On another simple topic, multiple choice answers OK ( you can pick more than one or suggest others - we will add your suggestions to the poll ). What Types of Food Do You Like The Most? (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
27 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cp -r except certain file types

the following excludes certain directories successfully cp -r probe/!(dir) /destination I want to exclude certain file types and tried unsuccessfully cp -r probe/!(*.avi) /destination (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmf
2 Replies
getrpcent(3C)															     getrpcent(3C)

NAME
getrpcent(), getrpcbyname(), getrpcbynumber(), setrpcent(), endrpcent() - get RPC entry SYNOPSIS
[ flag ]... file ... [ library ]... DESCRIPTION
These functions are used to obtain entries for RPC (Remote Procedure Call) services. An entry may come from any of the sources for speci- fied in the file (see nsswitch.conf(4)). searches for an entry with the RPC service name specified by the parameter name. searches for an entry with the RPC program number number. The functions and are used to enumerate RPC entries from the database. sets (or resets) the enumeration to the beginning of the set of RPC entries. This function should be called before the first call to Calls to and leave the enumeration position in an indeterminate state. If the stayopen flag is non-zero, the system may keep allocated resources such as open file descriptors until a subsequent call to Successive calls to return either successive entries or NULL, indicating the end of the enumeration. may be called to indicate that the caller expects to do no further RPC entry retrieval operations; the system may then deallocate resources it was using. It is still allowed, but possibly less efficient, for the process to call more RPC entry retrieval functions after calling MULTITHREAD USAGE
Thread Safe: Yes Cancel Safe: Yes Fork Safe: No Async-cancel Safe: No Async-signal Safe: No These functions can be called safely in a multithreaded environment. They may be cancellation points in that they call functions that are cancel points. In a multithreaded environment, these functions are not safe to be called by a child process after and before These functions should not be called by a multithreaded application that supports asynchronous cancellation or asynchronous signals. and use thread specific storage that is re-used in each call. The return value, should be unique for each thread and should be saved, if desired, before the thread makes the next call. For enumeration in multithreaded applications, the position within the enumeration is a process-wide property shared by all threads. may be used in a multithreaded application but resets the enumeration position for all threads. If multiple threads interleave calls to the threads will enumerate disjoint subsets of the RPC entry database. RETURN VALUE
RPC entries are represented by the structure defined in The functions and each return a pointer to a if they successfully locate the requested entry; otherwise they return NULL. The function returns a pointer to a if it successfully enumerates an entry; otherwise it returns NULL, indicating the end of the enumera- tion. WARNINGS
Programs that use the interfaces described in this manual page cannot be linked statically since the implementations of these functions employ dynamic loading and linking of shared objects at run time. AUTHOR
was developed by Sun Microsystems, Inc. FILES
SEE ALSO
rpcinfo(1M), rpc(4), nsswitch.conf(4). getrpcent(3C)