Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: enumeration types in C
Top Forums Programming enumeration types in C Post 302224152 by p50p100 on Tuesday 12th of August 2008 10:17:40 AM
Old 08-12-2008
Code:
enum fruit_info {apple, orange, banana, fruit_info_cnt}

fruit_rec fruits[fruit_info_cnt];

How is this?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

servers types

dear sir , i would like to ask about sun solaries servers generations ? i hear about sparc and ultra . i want to know the versions , and is there other servers types ?? Thank (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamemi
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

So many types of LINUX's!

I installed Redhat into my system. The reason? This was the version my friend was running and he told me about this one, so I downloaded and installed it. Simple enough :D But as I am searching the net, I am coming across many other forms of linux made by other companies. Redhat seems to be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Minnesota Red
2 Replies

3. Programming

X-Windows Enumeration

Hi, I'm new to x-windows system and I have a few questions: 1. How can I write a C program to enumerate all the windows on the local and remote computers? In other words: How can I create a list of all the windows in the system (maximized/minimized/active/not active ....)? 2. How can I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: itaihoe
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Two types of pipes?

What is the difference between: cd /tmp tar -cf - *.txt |gzip > tmp_txt.tar.gz and cd /tmp mknod pipe p gzip < pipe > /tmp/tmp_txt1.tar.gz & tar -cf pipe *.txt Apart from the fact that we have to create the pipe file manually, is there any difference in the performance of the two?... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: blowtorch
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mime types

Hi, I am trying to launch an ogg movie from a pdf file which has been produced with pdflatex and \movie {\centerline{\includegraphics {grafiques_xerrades/un_manolo_amb_camera.pdf}}} {hlims_xerrades/XocCumuls.ogg} The switch "externalviewer" makes kpdf launch the default... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pau
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Un-compression types...

Hi Folks, As I am familiar wih both types compresion forms: gun-zip and .rpm. My questions is how do I uncompress gunz.zip type? As the .rpm I can double click and it will extract...Can someone shed some light on this and thank you... M (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mombo_Z
2 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

What Types of Food Do You Like The Most?

On another simple topic, multiple choice answers OK ( you can pick more than one or suggest others - we will add your suggestions to the poll ). What Types of Food Do You Like The Most? (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
27 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cp -r except certain file types

the following excludes certain directories successfully cp -r probe/!(dir) /destination I want to exclude certain file types and tried unsuccessfully cp -r probe/!(*.avi) /destination (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmf
2 Replies
ARRAY_WALK(3)								 1							     ARRAY_WALK(3)

array_walk - Apply a user supplied function to every member of an array

SYNOPSIS
bool array_walk NULL (array &$array, callable $callback, [mixed $userdata]) DESCRIPTION
Applies the user-defined $callback function to each element of the $array array. array_walk(3) is not affected by the internal array pointer of $array. array_walk(3) will walk through the entire array regardless of pointer position. PARAMETERS
o $array - The input array. o $callback - Typically, $callback takes on two parameters. The $array parameter's value being the first, and the key/index second. Note If $callback needs to be working with the actual values of the array, specify the first parameter of $callback as a refer- ence. Then, any changes made to those elements will be made in the original array itself. Note Many internal functions (for example strtolower(3)) will throw a warning if more than the expected number of argument are passed in and are not usable directly as a $callback. Only the values of the $array may potentially be changed; its structure cannot be altered, i.e., the programmer cannot add, unset or reorder elements. If the callback does not respect this requirement, the behavior of this function is undefined, and unpre- dictable. o $userdata - If the optional $userdata parameter is supplied, it will be passed as the third parameter to the $callback. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. ERRORS
/EXCEPTIONS If function $callback requires more parameters than given to it, an error of level E_WARNING will be generated each time array_walk(3) calls $callback. EXAMPLES
Example #1 array_walk(3) example <?php $fruits = array("d" => "lemon", "a" => "orange", "b" => "banana", "c" => "apple"); function test_alter(&$item1, $key, $prefix) { $item1 = "$prefix: $item1"; } function test_print($item2, $key) { echo "$key. $item2<br /> "; } echo "Before ...: "; array_walk($fruits, 'test_print'); array_walk($fruits, 'test_alter', 'fruit'); echo "... and after: "; array_walk($fruits, 'test_print'); ?> The above example will output: Before ...: d. lemon a. orange b. banana c. apple d. fruit: lemon a. fruit: orange b. fruit: banana c. fruit: apple SEE ALSO
array_walk_recursive(3), iterator_apply(3), list(3), each(3), call_user_func_array(3), array_map(3), information about the callback type, foreach. PHP Documentation Group ARRAY_WALK(3)