Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: GUI remote connection
Operating Systems Linux GUI remote connection Post 302224118 by broli on Tuesday 12th of August 2008 08:52:50 AM
Old 08-12-2008
in kde, you have a remote desktop client and server
krd or similar

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Red Hat 7.2 GUI not loading & Connection issue

Please Help Let me start off by saying that I am a total idiot when it comes to unix. Please, if you would care to reply keep this in mind. Thank you. I have been attempting to get my unix machine online to no avail. I have the rest of the house networked with 3 other windows machines into a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kmer
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Connection problem with gui java program to postgreaql database using unix

Having problem in connecting my gui java program to postgreaql database. I first used setenv classpath /home/share/postgresql/java/postgresql.jar:proj1, where proj1 is my folder conatining all java and class file, to set classpath. Then javac *.java. Then java proj1.Login. It gives me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: uci
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remote connection to HP-UX from Linux, GUI issues.

Not sure if that's the best thread title... anyway, working remotely on a HP-UX machine I often need a GUI window when executing remote software installs, and for this I use Cygwin/X on my Windows laptop which works perfectly. Connect via telnet, set DISPLAY, run installer, GUI appears locally -... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: stefcha
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ssh to see remote desktop gui

Hey, how do I access the desktop gui for a remote fedora box? $ ssh user@ip $ xinit Fatal server error: Server is already active for display 0 If this server is no longer running, remove /tmp/.X0-lock and start again. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JustinT
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Remote Access using GUI from one Solaris to another one

hi gyus, i'm trying to login trough GUI (using login screen, instead to login to locahost I login to remote host) from on Solaris 10 to another one. You know, I see the remote host in the host list, but It's not possible to login since the screen keeps black and after that get back to the former... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: daninx
3 Replies

6. Debian

Launch remote gui apps in remote hosts

Hi, I've been looking for a way to execute a console program (is in windows but by now I accept the linux way) from a linux machine, but this program has to be opened in the remote side. Linux machine acts only as a "signaling" host. My program has to open the camera in the remote side, but only... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: zauberberg
7 Replies
KBUILDSYCOCA4(8)						 KDE User's Manual						  KBUILDSYCOCA4(8)

NAME
kbuildsycoca4 - Rebuilds the system configuration cache. SYNOPSIS
kbuildsycoca4 [[--nosignal] | [--noincremental] | [--checkstamps] | [--nocheckfiles] | [--global] | [--menutest] | [--track menu-id] | [--help] | [--help-qt] | [--help-kde] | [--help-all] | [--author] | [-v, --version] | [--license]] DESCRIPTION
kbuildsycoca4, as part of the KDE command line tools ensures the proper operation of KDE by reading in all the .desktop, .xml, and .protocol files to construct a binary database. KDE itself accesses this database during operation to provide configuration information a program needs to run. This tool is part of ksycoca4, which stands for KDE System Configuration Cache OPTIONS
--nosignal Do not signal applications to update --noincremental Disable incremental update, re-read everything --checkstamps Check file timestamps --nocheckfiles Disable checking files (dangerous) --global Create global database --menutest Perform menu generation test run only --track menu-id Track menu id for debug purposes --help Show help about options --help-qt Show Qt specific options --help-kde Show KDE specific options --help-all Show all options --author Show author information -v , --version Show version information --license Show license information USAGE
A standard way to run this program is by simply specifying the following command at the prompt kbuildsycoca4 FILES
/var/tmp/kde-$USER/ksycoca4 The default directory where the cache files are stored. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
$KDEDIRS Specifies which directories are part of the KDE installations $KDESYCOCA Specifies the path to the sycoca database file SEE ALSO
kdeinit4 BUGS
There are probably tons of bugs. Use bugs.kde.org[1] to report them. AUTHOR
Darian Lanx <content@openprojects.net> Author. NOTES
1. bugs.kde.org http://bugs.kde.org 1.1 (KDE 4.4) 2010-01-04 KBUILDSYCOCA4(8)