Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: GUI remote connection
Operating Systems Linux GUI remote connection Post 302224033 by mm00123 on Tuesday 12th of August 2008 05:03:39 AM
Old 08-12-2008
Bug GUI remote connection

Hello,
I need a tool for remote GUI connection to Linux machine ,something like remote Desktop in windows?????any help

Thanks in advance

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Red Hat 7.2 GUI not loading & Connection issue

Please Help Let me start off by saying that I am a total idiot when it comes to unix. Please, if you would care to reply keep this in mind. Thank you. I have been attempting to get my unix machine online to no avail. I have the rest of the house networked with 3 other windows machines into a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kmer
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Connection problem with gui java program to postgreaql database using unix

Having problem in connecting my gui java program to postgreaql database. I first used setenv classpath /home/share/postgresql/java/postgresql.jar:proj1, where proj1 is my folder conatining all java and class file, to set classpath. Then javac *.java. Then java proj1.Login. It gives me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: uci
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remote connection to HP-UX from Linux, GUI issues.

Not sure if that's the best thread title... anyway, working remotely on a HP-UX machine I often need a GUI window when executing remote software installs, and for this I use Cygwin/X on my Windows laptop which works perfectly. Connect via telnet, set DISPLAY, run installer, GUI appears locally -... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: stefcha
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ssh to see remote desktop gui

Hey, how do I access the desktop gui for a remote fedora box? $ ssh user@ip $ xinit Fatal server error: Server is already active for display 0 If this server is no longer running, remove /tmp/.X0-lock and start again. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JustinT
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Remote Access using GUI from one Solaris to another one

hi gyus, i'm trying to login trough GUI (using login screen, instead to login to locahost I login to remote host) from on Solaris 10 to another one. You know, I see the remote host in the host list, but It's not possible to login since the screen keeps black and after that get back to the former... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: daninx
3 Replies

6. Debian

Launch remote gui apps in remote hosts

Hi, I've been looking for a way to execute a console program (is in windows but by now I accept the linux way) from a linux machine, but this program has to be opened in the remote side. Linux machine acts only as a "signaling" host. My program has to open the camera in the remote side, but only... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: zauberberg
7 Replies
tcp-environ(5)							File Formats Manual						    tcp-environ(5)

NAME
tcp-environ - TCP-related environment variables DESCRIPTION
The following environment variables describe a TCP connection. They are set up by tcp-env, tcpclient, and tcpserver. Note that TCPLOCAL- HOST, TCPREMOTEHOST, and TCPREMOTEINFO can contain arbitrary characters. PROTO The string TCP. TCPLOCALHOST The domain name of the local host, with uppercase letters converted to lowercase. If there is no currently available domain name for the local IP address, TCPLOCALHOST is not set. TCPLOCALIP The IP address of the local host, in dotted-decimal form. TCPLOCALPORT The local TCP port number, in decimal. TCPREMOTEHOST The domain name of the remote host, with uppercase letters converted to lowercase. If there is no currently available domain name for the remote IP address, TCPREMOTEHOST is not set. TCPREMOTEINFO A connection-specific string, perhaps a username, supplied by the remote host via 931/1413/IDENT/TAP. If the remote host did not sup- ply connection information, TCPREMOTEINFO is not set. TCPREMOTEIP The IP address of the remote host. TCPREMOTEPORT The remote TCP port number. SEE ALSO
tcpclient(1), tcpserver(1), tcp-env(1), tcp(4) tcp-environ(5)