Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Coredumps and swap - was part of Solaris Mem Consumption Post 302224000 by Neo on Tuesday 12th of August 2008 02:31:54 AM
Old 08-12-2008
So, I will close the thread and refer you to Wikipedia:

List of fallacies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I really suggest you understand fallacy and logic, because you are doing as a lot of technical people do, when you are in a technical debate and you want to make a point (perhaps to win, be correct, etc) you resort to flawed logic, logical fallacies.

It does not matter how correct you "think you are", you basically took an alternative configuration and used at least two forms of fallacy to justify your position.

PM if you want do discuss further, or we can open another thread on "Now to Avoid Fallacy in Threads and Posts"... which I think I might write anyway, now that this topics has my attention here and elsewhere.

PS: I am trying to teach you about fallacy in logic because I like you :-)

Last edited by Neo; 08-13-2008 at 03:57 AM.. Reason: Softened..... (Deleted first five sentances)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Reg: char ptr - Coredumps

#include <stdio.h> void main() { int Index=1; char *Type=NULL; Type = (char *)Index; printf("%s",Type); } Getting coredump (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaysabari
5 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris Mem Consumption

We have Sun OS running on spark : SunOS ciniwnpr67 5.10 Generic_118833-24 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V440 Having Physical RAM : Sol10box # prtconf | grep Mem Memory size: 8192 Megabytes My Top Output is : 130 processes: 129 sleeping, 1 on cpu CPU states: 98.8% idle, 0.2% user, 1.0%... (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajwinder
27 Replies

3. AIX

Zerofault terminates and coredumps - Segmentation fault

Hi, I am using zerofault in AIX to find memory leaks for my server. zf -c <forked-server> zf -l 30 <server> <arguments> Then after some (5 mins ) it terminates core dumping and saying server exited abnormally. I could not understand the core file generated: its something like show in below... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek.gkp
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 10 - Memory / Swap

Hi all Got myself in a pickle here, chasing my own tail and am confused. Im trying to work out memory / swap on my solaris 10 server, that Im using zones on. Server A has 32Gb of raw memory, ZFS across the root /mirror drives. # prtdiag -v | grep mem = Memory size: 32768 Megabytes #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sbk1972
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10 SWAP SPACE

We have a SPARC system which is running on Solaris-9 and Physical memory size is 16GB.We have allocated 32GB SWAP space(2 times of physical memory).But when we use df -h command it shows following output and SWAP space size shows more than our allocated space # df -h Filesystem size used... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyberdemon
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Determining User Consumption in solaris

Inorder to find the user memory consumption I used the command: prstat -s cpu -a -n 10 But now I want to automate it and want to write the output to a file. How can I write the out put of user name and percentage of consumption alone to an output file.? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: engineer
2 Replies

7. Solaris

How to check power consumption of Solaris servers ?

hi friends, we are relocating our DC and need to plan out electrical power for the new DC. are there ways i could find the actual power consumption from my current servers ? instead of the product specs. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Exposure
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Problem with Swap consumption

Hi Experts, I have M4000 server with 132 GB Physical memory. 4 sparse zones are running under this server, which are running multiple applications. I am not getting any pointer, where swap space is getting consumed. Almost 97% of swap space is being used. I checked all /tmp (of zones as well),... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
7 Replies

9. Solaris

Swap Solaris 5.10

I have a customers that is getting grid alerts that swap is over 95% utilized. When I do swap -l on the machine I get the following results. $ swap -l swapfile dev swaplo blocks free /swap/swapfile - 16 6291440 6291440 /swap/swapfile2 - 16 8191984... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michael.McGraw
18 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris 10 swap device and filesystem

Hi all, Q1) Due to application requirement, i am required to have more swap space. Currently my swap is on a partition with 32GB. I have another partition with 100GB, but it already has a UFS filesystem on it. Can i just swap -d /dev/dsk/current32gb and swap -a /dev/dsk/ufs100gb ? Will... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
17 Replies
WIKIPEDIA2TEXT(1)					      General Commands Manual						 WIKIPEDIA2TEXT(1)

NAME
wikipedia2text -- displays Wikipedia entries on the command line SYNOPSIS
wikipedia2text [-BCnNoOpPsSuU] [-b prog] [ {-c | -i | -I } patt] [-l lang] [-W base-url] Query wikipedia2text -o [-b prog] [-l lang] Query wikipedia2text [-h] wikipedia2text -v wikipedia2text -r DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the wikipedia2text command. wikipedia2text fetches and renders Wikipedia articles using a text-mode web-browser (currently recognises elinks, links2, links, lynx and w3m) and display the text of the article on STDOUT respectively in a pager. OPTIONS
The program recognizes the following command line options: -b prog Use program prog as browser. -B Do not use browser configured via configuration file or environment. -c patt, -I patt Colorize case-sensitive pattern patt in output. -C, -N Colorize output. -h Show help and a summary of options. -i patt Colorize case-insensitive pattern patt in output. -l lang use Wikipedia in language lang. See the Wikipedia Languages entry elsewhere in this document. -n Do not colorize output. -o Open the Wikipedia page in the browser. -O Do not open the Wikipedia page in the browser. -p Use a pager (set by default). -P Don't use a pager. -r Display a random Wikipedia article. -s Display only the summary of the Wikipedia article. -S Display the full content of the Wikipedia article and not only the summary. -u Just print the URL of the Wikipedia page and exit. -U Display the full content of the Wikipedia article and not only print the URL of the page. -v Show version number. -W base-url use base-url as base URL for wikipedia (e.g. use a different wiki), querying this URL will happen by appending the search term. ENVIRONMENT
The following environment variables are recognized: ABROWSER Browser to use as default instead of to found or configured web browser. IGNCASE Default value for case-sensitivity of colorizing the output. Can be set to "true" or "false". LOCAL Default value for language in which Wikipedia should be used. See the Wikipedia Languages entry elsewhere in this document. OUTPUTURL Determines, if wikipedia2text should display only the URL of the Wikipedia article by default. Can be set to "true" or "false". PAGER Default value for pager to use. Can also be set to "true", in which case, wikipedia2text tries to figure out the appropriate pager, or "false", which means not to use a pager at all. SHORT Determines, if wikipedia2text should display only the summary of the Wikipedia article by default. Can be set to "true" or "false". USEBROWSER Determines, if wikipedia2text should open the Wikipedia page via openurl in the globally set default browser, i.e. Firefox or Konqueror, by default. Can be set to "true" or "false". FILES
$HOME/.wikipedia2textrc Will be sourced from wikipedia2text on startup. Should contain variable assignments. The same variables as for the environment are recognised. WIKIPEDIA LANGUAGES
wikipedia2text currently supports the following Wikipedia languages: af Cape Dutch (Afrikaans) als Alemannic ca Catalan cs Czech da Danish de German en English eo Esperanto es Spanish fi Finnish fr French hu Hungarian ia Interlingua is Islandic it Italian la Latin lb Luxembourgian nds Low German nl Dutch nn, no Norwegian (Nynorsk and Bokmal) pl Polish pt Portuguese rm Rhaeto-Romanic ro Romanian simple Simple English sk Slovak sl Slovenian sv Swedish tr Turkish SEE ALSO
elinks(1), links(1), links2(1), lynx(1), w3m(1) AUTHOR
wikipedia2text was written by Christian Brabandt <cb@256bit.org>. Patches also from Axel Beckert <abe@deuxchevaux.org>. This manual page was written by Axel Beckert <abe@deuxchevaux.org> for the Debian system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL), Version 2 any later ver- sion published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. HISTORY
wikipedia2text was first released by Christian Brabandt on in his blog (link to URL http://blog.256bit.org/archives/126-Wikipedia-in-der- Shell.html) with as script named wiki. Some users may find it useful to create an alias with that name for speeding up the typing of a wikipedia2text command if no other command of that name is present. OTHER INFO
The current version of wikipedia2text should be available at on Christian Brabandt's website (link to URL http://www.256bit.org/~chris- bra/wiki) . WIKIPEDIA2TEXT(1)