Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to get filename from directory Post 302223958 by tjay83 on Tuesday 12th of August 2008 01:08:39 AM
Old 08-12-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrock
Code:
find /home -type f -atime +5 -exec basename {} \;

One last question;

How can I make a space after each record that I read from the file:

EX:

while read file
do
basename $file >>log.txt

My log file is like:
aaa.htmlbbb.html

I want it to be like:

aaa.html
bbb.html

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to test filename is file or directory

hi all plz let me how to test output of "tail -1 filelist.lst" is file or directory. regards -Bali Reddy (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balireddy_77
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

filename in current directory

I want to perform a task on all the files in the current directory but I'd like to loop through them one at a time. How do I tell it to give me the first filename? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: calgone337
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

directory -l filename perl

Can anybody let me know what following commands will do in perl 1.my $result = `/main/home/bin/iwex -l '$File1'`; 2.my $setcmd = "/main/home/bin/iwex -s \"$File2\" \"$File3\""; where $File1 $File2 $File3 are regular files. Please suggest something. Ur welcome (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: millan
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading filename from directory

I am using the following code to read filename from the directory: for i in ` ls $inputDir | grep $partialName*.csv` do echo $i done But the echo is giving me the following: ls | grep cm_ctx*.csv instead of the full filename "cm_ctx_2009_07_15_17_18.csv" Any ideas anyone? I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: khanvader
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I rename a filename in a directory?

Hi, I've got a large to task to do, which I've broken into three section. I'm just stuck on one of the sections. I have to change the end of a filename from .txt to .doc in a directory. So if I have a directory called "folder1" and two files contained in it called "file1.txt" and "file2.txt",... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: TeddyP
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find filename in the given directory

Hi , I have question for search the filename in directory. For example my DIR contains these files... testA123.txt testB123.txt testB345.txt testA345.txt i want to show the filenames which contains 'testA7'... Help me (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthinvk
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to parse filename and one level up directory name?

Hello Experts, I need little help with parsing. I want to parse filename and one level up directory name. sample $1 will consists of /home/username/ABC1/rstfiles4.log /home/username/ABC4/rstfiles2.log /home/username/EDC7/rstfiles23.log /home/username/EDC6/rstfiles55.log... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shirisha
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename FileName in the Directory

In the Directory all the Files are following format. Filename_yyyymmdd_numbers.txt eg. file_name_20120106_015802.txt . I want to write the Shell script to rename all the file to file_name.txt.in the directory. Thanks Mani (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gavemani
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Diff - filename and directory name are same

Hi, I have in the one folder file and directory that have same name. I need make diff from first directory where exists file in folder FOLDER/filename and second file where not exist folder, but FOLDER is filename. I use -N switch for create new file. Scripts report: Not a directory Sample:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomix
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy the filename alone from a directory?

Hi All, As i'm new to this i need help. I want to copy all the filenames in a directory and also it should get arange in the order recent modified. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bangarukannan
2 Replies
FPUTCSV(3)								 1								FPUTCSV(3)

fputcsv - Format line as CSV and write to file pointer

SYNOPSIS
int fputcsv (resource $handle, array $fields, [string $delimiter = ","], [string $enclosure = '"'], [string $escape_char = " DESCRIPTION
fputcsv(3) formats a line (passed as a $fields array) as CSV and write it (terminated by a newline) to the specified file $handle. PARAMETERS
o $handle -The file pointer must be valid, and must point to a file successfully opened by fopen(3) or fsockopen(3) (and not yet closed by fclose(3)). o $fields - An array of values. o $delimiter - The optional $delimiter parameter sets the field delimiter (one character only). o $enclosure - The optional $enclosure parameter sets the field enclosure (one character only). o $escape_char - The optional $escape_char parameter sets the escape character (one character only). RETURN VALUES
Returns the length of the written string or FALSE on failure. CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------+ | 5.5.4 | | | | | | | The $escape_char parameter was added | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 fputcsv(3) example <?php $list = array ( array('aaa', 'bbb', 'ccc', 'dddd'), array('123', '456', '789'), array('"aaa"', '"bbb"') ); $fp = fopen('file.csv', 'w'); foreach ($list as $fields) { fputcsv($fp, $fields); } fclose($fp); ?> The above example will write the following to file.csv: aaa,bbb,ccc,dddd 123,456,789 """aaa""","""bbb""" NOTES
Note If PHP is not properly recognizing the line endings when reading files either on or created by a Macintosh computer, enabling the auto_detect_line_endings run-time configuration option may help resolve the problem. SEE ALSO
fgetcsv(3). PHP Documentation Group FPUTCSV(3)