Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Is there a way to make this more efficient Post 302223811 by danmero on Monday 11th of August 2008 01:03:16 PM
Old 08-11-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tytalus
Code:
#  record="sed only accepts a file as input"

Depends on your shell
Code:
#!/bin/bash
a=test
sed 's/t/b/' <<< $a

@OP
you should provide a sample input.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Efficient Dispatching

Does anyone know what's new with Efficient dispatching in the Solaris 2.8 release (vs Solaris 2.6) release? Specifically, does anyone know of a good website to get detailed information on thread dispatching using efficient dispatching in solaris 2.8? Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: uchachra
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is there a more efficient way?

I'm using korn shell to connect to oracle, retrieve certain values, put them in a list, and iterate through them. While this method works, I can't help but think there is an easier method. If you know of one, please suggest a shorter, more efficient method. ############### FUNCTIONS ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SelectSplat
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

help on most efficient search

Hello, We have a directory with 15 sub-directories where each sub-directory contains 1.5 to 2 lakhs of files in it. Daily, around 300-500 files will be uploaded to each sub-directory. Now, i need to get the list of files received today in most efficient way. I tried using "find with newer... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
16 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

efficient repace

some of the data i receive has been typed in manually due to which there are often places where i find 8 instead of ( and the incorrect use of case what according to you is the best way to correct such data. The data has around 20,000 records. The value i want to change is in the 4th field.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: VGR
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is this regex efficient?

I want to match the red portion: 9784323456787-Unknown Phrase with punctuation "Some other PhrASE." Is this the best regex to match this? '978\{10\}-*' (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
4 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Help to make awk script more efficient for large files

Hello, Error awk: Internal software error in the tostring function on TS1101?05044400?.0085498227?0?.0011041461?.0034752266?.00397045?0?0?0?0?0?0?11/02/10?09/23/10???10?no??0??no?sct_det3_10_20110516_143936.txt What it is It is a unix shell script that contains an awk program as well as... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: script_op2a
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Efficient way to grep

Hi Experts, I've been trying simple grep to search for a string in a huge number of files in a directory. grep <pattern> * this gives the search results as well as the following - grep: <filename>: Permission denied grep: <filename>: Permission denied for files which I don't have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumoka
4 Replies

8. Programming

Help with make this Fortran code more efficient (in HPC manner)

Hi there, I had run into some fortran code to modify. Obviously, it was written without thinking of high performance computing and not parallelized... Now I would like to make the code "on track" and parallel. After a whole afternoon thinking, I still cannot find where to start. Can any one... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: P_E_M_Lee
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combining awk command to make it more efficient

VARIABLE="jhovan 5259 5241 0 20:11 ? 00:00:00 /proc/self/exe --type=gpu-process --channel=5182.0.1597089149 --supports-dual-gpus=false --gpu-driver-bug-workarounds=2,45,57 --disable-accelerated-video-decode --gpu-vendor-id=0x80ee --gpu-device-id=0xbeef --gpu-driver-vendor... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)