Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX nim mksysb error :/usr/bin/savevg[33]: 1016,07: syntax error Post 302223716 by astjen on Monday 11th of August 2008 08:20:41 AM
Old 08-11-2008
nim mksysb error :/usr/bin/savevg[33]: 1016,07: syntax error

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, help me please.
I am trying to create a mksysb bakup using nim. I am geting this error, how to correct it ? :
Command : failed stdout: yes stderr: no
+---------------------------------------------------------------------+
System Backup Image Space Information
(Sizes are displayed in 1024-byte blocks.)
+---------------------------------------------------------------------+
Required = 979345 (957 MB) Available = 10474116 (10229 MB)
Creating information file (/image.data) for rootvg.
/usr/bin/savevg[33]: 1016,07: syntax error
0042-001 nim : pocessing error detected "master" :
0042-124 c_ch_nfsexp : option NFS sec=sys isn't supported

rc=1
0042-001 m_mkbosi : processing error detected on "client_1" :

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mksysb and Savevg woes

hi, i'm having a little trouble with an AIX 5.2 script that i have written and i was wondering if anyone could please offer me some advice on how to append a savevg backup to a mksysb tape, or more importantly where i'm going wrong? i've been trying to get this to work on and off for about a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: boredazfcuk
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mksysb and Savevg woes

hi, i'm having a little trouble with an AIX 5.2 script that i have written and i was wondering if anyone could please offer me some advice on how to append a savevg backup to a mksysb tape, or more importantly where i'm going wrong? i've been trying to get this to work for about a month with no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: boredazfcuk
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

nim mksysb - 0042-124 c_ch_nfsexp error

Hello, help me please. I am trying to create a mksysb bakup using nim. I am geting this error, how to correct it ? : Command : failed stdout: yes stderr: no +---------------------------------------------------------------------+ System Backup Image Space Information (Sizes are displayed in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: astjen
4 Replies

4. AIX

nim mksysb buffer overflow error

Hi, I am trying to backup a system ("client") through a slow network using "nim mksysb" on a nim server ("master") The backup starts, but doesn't success. Thanks if you can help me to resolve this problem : Creating information file (/image.data) for rootvg... Creating list of files to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: astjen
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

!/usr/bin/ksh error

Usually we use !/usr/bin/ksh at the start of the script.But if I am having this stuff in the scripts and calling one script from other its not working.What may be the reason behind it ? xyz.ksh #!/usr/bin/ksh echo "Hi" abc.ksh #!/usr/bin/ksh echo "I am fine" ksh xyz.ksh Its... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr46014
4 Replies

6. AIX

savevg - mksysb

Hello, I use commands savevg & mksysb to do backups on an AIX server. Frequently, I have a return code 3. I would know why, but after searches, I did'nt find. If somebody know ... Tell me. Thanks. emetra (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: emetra
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

/usr/bin/rhgb-client -- error while loading shared libraries: libpopt.so.0

Hi All, I have RHEL 5 installed in my system. Something must has happened because when i reboot the server, it came with many error.. /usr/bin/rhgb-client -- error while loading shared libraries: libpopt.so.0. Can't open shared object files. No such file/directory It finnaly ends with the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: IgnitedMind
6 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lz error

I am installing lxml module for python on redhat I have installed libxml2 already. When I run for libxslt: ./configure --prefix=libxslt_folder --with-libxml-prefix=libxml2_folder It is ok the I run : make I have error: /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lz collect2: ld returned 1 exit status I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AIX_30
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

/usr/bin/scp error

I have this scp script running, /usr/bin/scp -r /cerner/mgr --exclude-from=/atg/move_exclude.dat 102.126.112.68:/cerner but am getting an error: --exclude-from=/atg/move_exclude.dat: No such file or directory I am wondering if the syntax is incorrect... I also have additional... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting error: /usr/bin/env: ruby: No such file or directory

Hi, I installed ruby using rvm with root user on Linux. Now i m trying the below command as a non root user with sudo privileges. sudo /usr/local/rvm/rubies/ruby-2.2.5/bin/gem install passenger I get the below error: I had even reset the path for both gem as well as ruby as you... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
8 Replies
FMTMSG(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 						 FMTMSG(3)

NAME
fmtmsg -- display a detailed diagnostic message LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc, -lc) SYNOPSIS
#include <fmtmsg.h> int fmtmsg(long classification, const char *label, int severity, const char *text, const char *action, const char *tag); DESCRIPTION
The fmtmsg() function displays a detailed diagnostic message, based on the supplied arguments, to stderr and/or the system console. The classification argument is the bitwise inclusive OR of zero or one of the manifest constants from each of the classification groups below. The Output classification group is an exception since both MM_PRINT and MM_CONSOLE may be specified. Output MM_PRINT Output should take place on stderr. MM_CONSOLE Output should take place on the system console. Source of Condition (Major) MM_HARD The source of the condition is hardware related. MM_SOFT The source of the condition is software related. MM_FIRM The source of the condition is firmware related. Source of Condition (Minor) MM_APPL The condition was detected at the application level. MM_UTIL The condition was detected at the utility level. MM_OPSYS The condition was detected at the operating system level. Status MM_RECOVER The application can recover from the condition. MM_NRECOV The application is unable to recover from the condition. Alternatively, the MM_NULLMC manifest constant may be used to specify no classification. The label argument indicates the source of the message. It is made up of two fields separated by a colon (':'). The first field can be up to 10 bytes, and the second field can be up to 14 bytes. The MM_NULLLBL manifest constant may be used to specify no label. The severity argument identifies the importance of the condition. One of the following manifest constants should be used for this argument. MM_HALT The application has confronted a serious fault and is halting. MM_ERROR The application has detected a fault. MM_WARNING The application has detected an unusual condition, that could be indicative of a problem. MM_INFO The application is providing information about a non-error condition. MM_NOSEV No severity level supplied. The text argument details the error condition that caused the message. There is no limit on the size of this character string. The MM_NULLTXT manifest constant may be used to specify no text. The action argument details how the error-recovery process should begin. Upon output, fmtmsg() will prefix "TO FIX:" to the beginning of the action argument. The MM_NULLACT manifest constant may be used to specify no action. The tag argument should reference online documentation for the message. This usually includes the label and a unique identifying number. An example tag is "BSD:ls:168". The MM_NULLTAG manifest constant may be used to specify no tag. RETURN VALUES
The fmtmsg() function returns MM_OK upon success, MM_NOMSG to indicate output to stderr failed, MM_NOCON to indicate output to the system console failed, or MM_NOTOK to indicate output to stderr and the system console failed. ENVIRONMENT
The MSGVERB (message verbosity) environment variable specifies which arguments to fmtmsg() will be output to stderr, and in which order. MSGVERB should be a colon (':') separated list of identifiers. Valid identifiers include: label, severity, text, action, and tag. If invalid identifiers are specified or incorrectly separated, the default message verbosity and ordering will be used. The default ordering is equivalent to a MSGVERB with a value of "label:severity:text:action:tag". EXAMPLES
The code: fmtmsg(MM_UTIL | MM_PRINT, "BSD:ls", MM_ERROR, "illegal option -- z", "refer to manual", "BSD:ls:001"); will output: BSD:ls: ERROR: illegal option -- z TO FIX: refer to manual BSD:ls:001 to stderr. The same code, with MSGVERB set to "text:severity:action:tag", produces: illegal option -- z: ERROR TO FIX: refer to manual BSD:ls:001 SEE ALSO
err(3), exit(3), strerror(3) STANDARDS
The fmtmsg() function conforms to IEEE Std 1003.1-2001 (``POSIX.1''). HISTORY
The fmtmsg() function first appeared in FreeBSD 5.0. BUGS
Specifying MM_NULLMC for the classification argument makes little sense, since without an output specified, fmtmsg() is unable to do anything useful. In order for fmtmsg() to output to the system console, the effective user must have appropriate permission to write to /dev/console. This means that on most systems fmtmsg() will return MM_NOCON unless the effective user is root. BSD
August 5, 2002 BSD