Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to run shell script automatically Post 302223715 by DukeNuke2 on Monday 11th of August 2008 08:20:18 AM
Old 08-11-2008
this is THE way to start scripts at startup... if you need the script startet at a special time during startup this is the only and the right way to do it!
have you rebootet the machine after the changes? is the script and the link executable? is the script working if you start it manually?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to run a script automatically ?????

Hi All, How to run a script automatically using cronjob everyday from Monday to Friday 9A.M to 5P.M at an interval of ONE HOUR.I want the complete syntax means how to put in the cron job and there after. URGENTLY NEED HELP THANKS IN ADVANCE CHEERS Arunava (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunava_maity
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to run a Script automatically

How to make a script run automatically using a cron?? i do not know abt cron...... if i have simple.sh file and i need this to run everyday at a particular time what needs to be done thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hamsa
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automatically run bash script

Hi! I want to run/execute a bash script automatically everytime when a specific file is created or when its timestamp changes. Is this possible? How? Thank you very much for your answers in advance, Regards, Christoph (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ckofler
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run a script automatically

Hi All, How can i run a script every week automatically. Thanks & regards, Sam (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam25
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

variable has no value if run the script automatically/scheduled

Hi All, I am using ksh as the shell. I have a script that should store variable after executing "onstat" on informix. I can execute it successfully without any issue if run manually, however the value is not showing up when run automatically(scheduled). Is there anything needed to make the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tungaw2004
1 Replies

6. AIX

How to run a script automatically when AIX version 7 server reboots?

Am new to AIX please help me. I have AIX7 server. When ever the system reboots my script need to run automatically. This will help me to start my application automatically after the server reboot. Thanks, Prince Wells (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: prince1987
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run script automatically on reboot as root user?

Hi friends,,, I am running one server on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 32-bit, some times my pc restarts automatically, with no reason, I have a script to start server which requires root password. in this directory /myserver/start_server.sh How can I do this ? and some scripts I am having that I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run script automatically every 12 hour once?

Hi ! all, I have once script to remove temporary cache and temporary xml files looks like this, as it is taking more space, I would like to run automatically every 12 hour once, and then I want to receive some log as acknowledgement #!/bin/sh echo "Removing logs and temp files (typically... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a script before and after reboot automatically and send output to two locations.

Hello Team . I am working a health check script ( bash) to run on linux server ( RedHat) and requirements are 1. The o/p of script need to be send to two diff files . I am testing with tee command . But I am not successful yet , any recommendations if that is the right approach ? 2. The same... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Varja
2 Replies
cmsnmpd(1m)															       cmsnmpd(1m)

NAME
cmsnmpd - SNMP subAgent that services the High Availability cluster MIB objects SYNOPSIS
cmsnmpd DESCRIPTION
cmsnmpd is a subAgent that together with the SNMP Master Agent (snmpdm), form the SNMP Agent for a particular system. The cmsnmpd provides the instrumentation for the High Availability cluster MIB objects. The cmsnmpd is a separate process, yet registers with the SNMP Master Agent, and the two share a procedural interface. Traps The cmsnmpd sends asynchronous event notifications called "traps". By default, SNMP traps are not sent to any destination. To configure the agent to send traps to one or more specific destinations, add the trap destinations to /etc/SnmpAgent.d/snmpd.conf. The SNMP Master Agent and the cmsnmpd collaborate to send High Availability cluster-related traps and information. For example, a trap is sent when the cluster configuration changes, or when a Highly Available package has failed. A complete list of all the cluster-related traps can be found on systems with OpenView installed. On an OpenView management station, the trap descriptions can be found in /etc/opt/OV/share/conf/$LANG/trapd.conf. Supported MIB Objects The Management Information Base (MIB) is a conceptual database of values on the agent system. The cmsnmpd implements the hp-cluster and hp-sgcluster MIB objects. Included in these MIBs are descriptions of the cluster configuration, as well as the current status of each cluster component. A complete list of all the High Availability MIB objects can be found on systems with OpenView installed. On an Open- View management station, the MIB object descriptors can be found in /etc/opt/OV/share/conf/snmpmib. cmsnmpd Startup Startup is controlled by the setting of the AUTOSTART_CMSNMPD variable in the /etc/rc.config.d/cmsnmpagt file. If AUTOSTART_CMSNMPD is set to 1, the cmsnmpd is started automatically each time the system boots. The variable should be set to 1 if you will be using ClusterView to monitor your Highly Available clusters through OpenView. If AUTOSTART_CMSNMPD is set to 0, the cmsnmpd is not started automatically when the system boots. If configured for autostart, the cmsnmpd should startup automatically, after the SNMP Master Agent starts, each time the system reboots, or any time the system transitions from run level 1 to run level 2. When the system enters run level 2, the system will execute /sbin/init.d/SnmpMaster which will start the Master Agent. Similarly, /sbin/init.d/cmsnmpagt will start the cmsnmpd immediately after the Master Agent is started. Prior to executing these startup scripts the system will examine all scripts in /etc/rc.config.d for environment variables which could potentially influence the startup of the Master Agent and the cmsnmpd. See the specific startup script or configuration file for details on supported environment variables. The user should never modify scripts in /sbin/init.d. Instead, the startup behavior should be con- trolled by adjusting values in the configuration script /etc/rc.config.d/cmsnmpd. There are two ways to start the SNMP Master Agent and the cmsnmpd manually. The first way is to execute snmpdm and then start cmsnmpd by invoking the cmsnmpd executable (/usr/lbin/cmsnmpd). The second and simplest way to start the SNMP Agent manually is to execute the snmpd startup script which will invoke the Master Agent and all subAgents who have been installed and designed to operate in this paradigm. The snmpd startup script is layered upon the V.4 startup paradigm and so makes use of the component startup scripts in /sbin/init.d and configuration scripts in /etc/rc.config.d. When snmpd is invoked it passes all its command line arguments to snmpdm and then executes each script found in /sbin/SnmpAgtStart.d. DEPENDENCIES
None. AUTHOR
cmsnmpd was developed by Hewlett-Packard. FILES
/usr/lbin/cmsnmpd /sbin/init.d/cmsnmpagt /etc/rc.config.d/cmsnmpagt /var/adm/SGsnmpsuba.log SEE ALSO
snmpd(1m), snmpd.conf(4). Requires Optional Serviceguard Software cmsnmpd(1m)