Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting connecting servers using SSH - help needed Post 302223701 by jegaraman on Monday 11th of August 2008 07:30:54 AM
Old 08-11-2008
Hi Senthil,

You can comment those Messages in the ssh file by using

THIS SYSTEM IS ......

and use in you file as

ssh -n $box -l mvelmu 'hostname 2>&1 | grep -v '^*' ; ksh /axphome/mvelmu/count.ksh' >> machineaddress.txt

Thanks,
JeganR

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Newbie help needed connecting to Internet

I have an Ultra5 with 2.56 that is connected to a network. We don't use a proxy server on the network but access the internet directly through a gateway. How do I configure the Solaris box to see the internet? Opening the internet explorer and setting HTTP; FTP etc ports to the ip of the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: FattyLumpkin
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to remote servers

Please advise, The previous thread asked about the automated transfer of files between two servers. The question is - is there any way of encrypting the password within the script or is it a matter of setting the permissions settings on the script so that it can only be executed and possibly... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rdbooth
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

connecting servers

Please help me out i want to know how to send email from unix machine to any email-id. mail to be sent is web based mail. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: parmeet
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

connecting servers

hi everyone i want to establish smtp connection between unix server and windows 2k3 mail server they are on one intranet. and unix server has ftp and telnet connection with the mail server. . (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: parmeet
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Problem in connecting TCP services between 2 Solaris Servers

Hi, I have 3 solaris servers. Two servers of differnet network and one gateway. Server1 --> 192.168.0.1 --> Solaris 9 Server2 --> 10.27.40.2 --> Solaris 10 Server3 --> Iface1 --> 192.168.0.5 --> Solaris 10 --> Gateway Iface2 --> 10.27.40.5 Now I am able to ssh... (36 Replies)
Discussion started by: neel.gurjar
36 Replies

6. Solaris

Documentation on connecting EMC storage to Solaris servers

Hi Can anyone suggest me some documents for EMC clarion documents which I am going to use in the servers with solaris environments. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ningy
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

connecting servers using shell script

Hi , I have three linux servers. I want to login from one server and check some status in the other server. How to connect other server from one server using shell script. Can anyone advice on this? Thanks, Chelladurai. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckchelladurai
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Connecting using ssh

We have 2 different servers say A and B and I want to check the log file of 2 servers simultaneously. If I am logged into server A how can I connect to server B. I have used ssh username@B.But it is asking password. How can I give the password on ssh. Or is there any other utility for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jim john
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for connecting multiple servers and then copying 30 days old files

Shell script for connecting multiple servers and then copying 30 days old files from those server . HI , I have 6 multiple servers pla1,pla2,pla3,pla4,pla5,pla6 1. These six servers have common shared mount point /var/share 2. Running script from /var/share to connect these servers.I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rcroyal88
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find active SSH servers w/ ssh keys on LAN

Hi, I am trying to complete my bash script in order to find which SSH servers on LAN are still active with the ssh keys, but i am frozen at this step: #!/bin/bash # LAN SSH KEYS DISCOVERY SCRIPT </etc/passwd \ grep /bin/bash | cut -d: -f6 | sudo xargs -i -- sh -c ' && cat... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: syrius
11 Replies
bssh/bvnc/bshell(1)					      General Commands Manual					       bssh/bvnc/bshell(1)

NAME
bssh/bvnc/bshell - Browse for SSH/VNC servers on the local network SYNOPSIS
bssh bvnc bshell DESCRIPTION
bssh/bvnc/bshell browses for SSH/VNC servers on the local network, shows them in a GUI for the user to select one and finally calls ssh/vncviewer after a selection was made. If the binary is called as bssh only ssh servers will be shown. If the binary is called as bvnc only VNC servers will be shown. If the binary is called as bshell both VNC and SSH servers are shown. OPTIONS
-s | --ssh Browse for SSH servers (and only SSH servers) regardless under which name the binary is called. -v | --vnc Browse for VNC servers (and only VNC servers) regardless under which name the binary is called. -S | --shell Browse for both VNC and SSH servers regardless under which name the binary is called. -d | --domain= DOMAIN Browse in the specified domain. If omitted bssh/bvnc/bshell will browse in the default browsing domain (usually .local) -h | --help Show help. SEE ALSO
avahi-browse(1), ssh(1), vncviewer(1) COMMENTS
This man page was written using xml2man(1) by Oliver Kurth. Manuals User bssh/bvnc/bshell(1)