Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris SQLPLUS unable to execte query automatically from solaris script Post 302223680 by jyotisree on Monday 11th of August 2008 06:03:56 AM
Old 08-11-2008
thanks

thanks a lot, its working

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Set shell variables from SQLPLUS query results

Hi All, I needed to get the result of two sqlplus queris into shell variables. After days of looking for the ultimate solution to this problem.. i found this... sqlplus -s USER/PASS@DB <<EOF | awk '{if(NR==1) printf("%s ", $1); if(NR==2) printf("%s ", $1);}' | read VAR1 VAR2 set head off... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pranavagarwal
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

In a csh script, can I set a variable to the result of an SQLPLUS select query?

Can someone tell me why I'm getting error when I try to run this? #!/bin/csh -f source ~/.cshrc # set SQLPLUS = ${ORACLE_HOME}/bin/sqlplus # set count=`$SQLPLUS -s ${DB_LOGIN} << END select count(1) from put_groups where group_name='PC' and description='EOD_EVENT' and serial_number=1;... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gregrobinsonhd
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQLPLUS query in Unix script

Hi, I am using sqlplus query to get results in a csv format in unix. I am using ksh, and below is the query. echo "select r.num|| ',' || p.path ||',"' || r.issue_description ||'",' ||p.timestamp from events r, messagepath p;">> $QUERY_FILE sqlplus -s $LOGIN @ $QUERY_FILE>>$OUTFILE ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nutan
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirecting oracle sqlplus select query into file

So, I would like to run differen select queries on multiple databases.. I made a script wich I thought to be called something like.. ./script.sh sql_file_name out.log or to enter select statement in a command line.. (aix) and I did created some shell script wich is not working.. it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bongo
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL query in a loop with single sqlplus connection

Hi, I'm trying to build a shell script that reads a set of accounts from a file. For each account I need to perform a set of sql queries. So I have a loop with a set of sqlplus connections to retrieved my data. Is it possible to have a single sqlplus connection before entering the loop and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lsantacana
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Unable to start SQLPLUS

I upgraded my system to Solaris 11 and everything works but I can't start my database or what (I am a noob). OS: -bash-4.1$ uname -a SunOS Solaris11 5.11 11.0 i86pc i386 i86pc -bash-4.1$ isainfo -kv 64-bit amd64 kernel modules Database version is 11g2 Enterprise edition, installed on... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems with storing oracle sqlplus query output shell script

Hello everyone, I have a RHEL 5 system and have been trying to get a batch of 3-4 scripts each in a separate variables and they are not working as expected. I tried using following syntax which I saw a lot of people on this site use and should really work, though for some reason it doesn't... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockf1bull
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Error during running sqlplus command from shell script in Solaris

I am using following code to connect to oracle database from solaris shell script. which will try thrice to connect the database ...at the 4rth atempt it will exir=t. count=0 while ; do sqlplus -s $usrname/$password@dbSID <<-EOF | tee $logfile WHENEVER OSERROR EXIT 9; WHENEVER SQLERROR... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: millan
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass Variable from shell script to select query for SqlPlus?

echo "set echo off"; echo "set feedback off"; echo "set linesize 4000"; echo " set pagesize 0"; echo " set sqlprompt ''"; echo " set trimspool on"; Select statement is mentioned below echo "select res.ti_book_no from disney_ticket_history res where res.ti_status =${STATUS} and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aroragaurav.84
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script (ksh) - SQLPlus query filter using a string variable

Using ksh, I am using SQLPlus to execute a query with a filter using a string variable. REPO_DB=DEV1 FOLDER_NM='U_nmalencia' FOLDER_CHECK=$(sqlplus -s /nolog <<EOF CONNECT user/pswd_select@${REPO_DB} set echo off heading off feedback off select subj_name from subject where... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nkm0brm
5 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)