Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Package post-install script problem Post 302223643 by era on Monday 11th of August 2008 02:43:55 AM
Old 08-11-2008
Yes, you just need to pass the result to the post-install script somehow.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

uninstall and install a package

Hi, on Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3 (Taroon). How can I : 1-install a package (exemple : compat-gcc-7.3-2.96.128.src.rpm) 2-uninstall (or delete or deinstall) a package (exemple : compat-gcc-7.3-2.96.122). Many thanks before. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
6 Replies

2. Solaris

how to install package

Hi How to install package from Freeware for Solaris Specificaly i want to install lsof-4.77-sol10-sparc-local.gz Thanks Amit (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitarcade
2 Replies

3. Solaris

install and uninstall package

I'm a newcomer for Solaris. I tried to install Net::FTP package ( a tool perl ) on our sun server 5.9. We used the below command: /usr/bin/perl MakeFilePL make make install How can I uninstall this package ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anhtt
1 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

looking for ImageMagick install package

i am struggling to find an error free, and complete install package for ImageMagick (with perl- "PerlMagick"). imagemagick.org not much help.... links for source, mirrors etc dont work. any pointers appreciated. linux server. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mickeymouse
2 Replies

5. Solaris

not able to install the package

I am working with sun solaris 9 and I want to install some packages but due to less disk space I am not able to install the packages. I am giving the output of filesystem-- # df -k Filesystem kbytes used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 2148263 1997593 107705 ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
10 Replies

6. Solaris

how to install this package

Dears, i am new user in solaris i am using solaris 10 https://cds.sun.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/CDS-CDS_SMI-Site/en_US/-/USD/ViewProductDetail-Start?ProductRef=Sol-audio-drivers1.0-x86-G-F@CDS-CDS_SMI after i unzip this package i didn't found any package to install cos i only... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sharkux
1 Replies

7. Linux

How install a new package without remove old package?

Dear all, I would like to install a new version of package without remove old version on Centos and vice versa. Please give me advice! thanks much, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: all4cfa
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't install rpm package with --prefix in new path.Error: package is not relocatable

Hello, i have downloaded an rpm package "hadoop-0.20.205.0-1.amd64.rpm" in /usr/local/ directory. I'm trying to install the rpm package in a new path/location (/usr/local/hadoop-0.20.205), but i can't. I did: 1st try: Didn't work sudo rpm -i --prefix=/usr/local/hadoop-0.20.205... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: g_p
1 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Problem when trying to remove a package using rpm command - error: package is not installed

Hello, i have installed a package by using the command sudo rpm -i filepackage.rpm package filepackage is already installed when i try to remove it, i get an error saying "is not installed": sudo rpm -e filepackage.rpm error: package filepackage is not installed How can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: g_p
4 Replies

10. Red Hat

faceing problem when i try to install any package!

Hello, When i try to install any package,the following appears: # yum install yum Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit, rhnplugin This system is not registered with RHN. RHN support will be disabled. Setting up Install Process Nothing to do # plz guide me asap! ---------- Post... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ahmedamer12
1 Replies
INSTALL-CATALOG(8)														INSTALL-CATALOG(8)

NAME
install-catalog - Manage a SGML or XML centralized catalog SYNOPSIS
install-catalog [ option ] action ... [ [ -d] [ --delegate] ] [ [ -a centralized ordinary] [ --add centralized ordinary] [ -r centralized ordinary] [ --remove centralized ordinary] [ -h] [ --help] [ -v] [ --version] ] DESCRIPTION
This shell script allows to handle a centralized catalog referencing other "ordinary" SGML or XML Open Catalogs. An Open Catalog contains a set of directives defined by OASIS, mostly used for defining equivalences between FPIs (Formal Public Identi- fiers) and real file names (see TR9401:1997 on http://www.oasis-open.org <URL:http://www.oasis-open.org>). The Open Catalogs usually reside in /usr/share/sgml. A centralized catalog is a special Open Catalog that includes only comments and CATALOG directives pointing to other catalogs (or DELEGATE directives if supported). The centralized catalog can be the key to all other SGML resources. It usually resides in /etc/sgml. The centralized catalog can be edited manually or through the install-catalog script to add or remove references to other ordinary cata- logs. This script is mainly destined to software package post-installation scripts. An example of a typical call to install-catalog is: install-catalog --add /usr/share/sgml/docbook/dsssl-stylesheets-1.54/catalog /etc/sgml/sgml-docbook-4.0.cat This call will install in /etc/sgml/sgml-docbook-4.0.cat a reference to /usr/share/sgml/docbook/dsssl-stylesheets-1.54/catalog. OPTIONS
Here is the list of options that can influence the way install-catalog works: [ [ -d] [ --delegate] ] Use DELEGATE instead of CATALOG directives to specify a pointer ACTIONS
Here is the list of actions that can be requested to install-catalog: [ [ -a centralized ordinary] [ --add centralized ordinary] ] Declare a new SGML package. [ [ -r centralized ordinary] [ --remove centralized ordinary] ] Remove a previously installed SGML package. [ [ -h] [ --help] ] Print a short help message and exit [ [ -v] [ --version] ] Print the version identifier and exit FILES
/etc/sgml/* The SGML centralized catalogs AUTHORS
Eric Bischoff <ebisch@cybercable.tm.fr> Developper of install-catalog. SEE ALSO
jw(1) conversion from DocBook to other file formats nsgmls(1) a base component of Jade DSSSL engine http://sourceware.cygnus.com/docbook-tools/ <URL:http://sourceware.cygnus.com/docbook-tools/> the home page of the DocBook tools, a compendium of all tools necessary to process DocBook files, including the SGML-common stuff. 04 August 2000 INSTALL-CATALOG(8)