Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Coredumps and swap - was part of Solaris Mem Consumption Post 302223573 by pupp on Friday 8th of August 2008 08:24:28 PM
Old 08-08-2008
incredible - of course your dump could be rather large but i run m9000's and have never seen a core file greater then a few gigs tops. we are talking about 1-4 TBs of memory and 64 sparc64 VI (128 cores) processors.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Reg: char ptr - Coredumps

#include <stdio.h> void main() { int Index=1; char *Type=NULL; Type = (char *)Index; printf("%s",Type); } Getting coredump (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaysabari
5 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris Mem Consumption

We have Sun OS running on spark : SunOS ciniwnpr67 5.10 Generic_118833-24 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V440 Having Physical RAM : Sol10box # prtconf | grep Mem Memory size: 8192 Megabytes My Top Output is : 130 processes: 129 sleeping, 1 on cpu CPU states: 98.8% idle, 0.2% user, 1.0%... (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajwinder
27 Replies

3. AIX

Zerofault terminates and coredumps - Segmentation fault

Hi, I am using zerofault in AIX to find memory leaks for my server. zf -c <forked-server> zf -l 30 <server> <arguments> Then after some (5 mins ) it terminates core dumping and saying server exited abnormally. I could not understand the core file generated: its something like show in below... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek.gkp
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 10 - Memory / Swap

Hi all Got myself in a pickle here, chasing my own tail and am confused. Im trying to work out memory / swap on my solaris 10 server, that Im using zones on. Server A has 32Gb of raw memory, ZFS across the root /mirror drives. # prtdiag -v | grep mem = Memory size: 32768 Megabytes #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sbk1972
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10 SWAP SPACE

We have a SPARC system which is running on Solaris-9 and Physical memory size is 16GB.We have allocated 32GB SWAP space(2 times of physical memory).But when we use df -h command it shows following output and SWAP space size shows more than our allocated space # df -h Filesystem size used... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyberdemon
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Determining User Consumption in solaris

Inorder to find the user memory consumption I used the command: prstat -s cpu -a -n 10 But now I want to automate it and want to write the output to a file. How can I write the out put of user name and percentage of consumption alone to an output file.? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: engineer
2 Replies

7. Solaris

How to check power consumption of Solaris servers ?

hi friends, we are relocating our DC and need to plan out electrical power for the new DC. are there ways i could find the actual power consumption from my current servers ? instead of the product specs. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Exposure
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Problem with Swap consumption

Hi Experts, I have M4000 server with 132 GB Physical memory. 4 sparse zones are running under this server, which are running multiple applications. I am not getting any pointer, where swap space is getting consumed. Almost 97% of swap space is being used. I checked all /tmp (of zones as well),... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
7 Replies

9. Solaris

Swap Solaris 5.10

I have a customers that is getting grid alerts that swap is over 95% utilized. When I do swap -l on the machine I get the following results. $ swap -l swapfile dev swaplo blocks free /swap/swapfile - 16 6291440 6291440 /swap/swapfile2 - 16 8191984... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michael.McGraw
18 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris 10 swap device and filesystem

Hi all, Q1) Due to application requirement, i am required to have more swap space. Currently my swap is on a partition with 32GB. I have another partition with 100GB, but it already has a UFS filesystem on it. Can i just swap -d /dev/dsk/current32gb and swap -a /dev/dsk/ufs100gb ? Will... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
17 Replies
CORE(5) 						      BSD File Formats Manual							   CORE(5)

NAME
core -- memory image file format SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/param.h> DESCRIPTION
A small number of signals which cause abnormal termination of a process also cause a record of the process's in-core state to be written to disk for later examination by one of the available debuggers. (See sigaction(2).) This memory image is written to a file named by default core.pid in the /cores directory; provided the terminated process had write permission in the directory, and the directory existed. The maximum size of a core file is limited by setrlimit(2). Files which would be larger than the limit are not created. The core file consists of the ~ Mach-O(5) header as described in the <mach-o/loader.h> file. The remainder of the core file consists of various sections described in the Mach-O(5) header. NOTE
Core dumps are disabled by default under Darwin/Mac OS X. To re-enable core dumps, a privlaged user must edit /etc/hostconfig to contain the line: COREDUMPS=-YES- SEE ALSO
gdb(1), setrlimit(2), sigaction(2), Mach-O(5), sysctl(8) HISTORY
A core file format appeared in Version 6 AT&T UNIX. BSD
March 18, 2002 BSD