Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users install centos with php and oracle client Post 302223481 by lione.heart on Sunday 10th of August 2008 02:13:44 PM
Old 08-10-2008
install centos with php and oracle client

Hi i'm trying to install centos ver 5 with apache server 1.3 and need to install
oracle client to connect from the php to oracle data base.

the problem is that evry package that i install needs some dependencis and
i coudent figure yet the right combination.

can any one help me to find the way in the dark Smilie)

TU

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Oracle 9i install: Error in invoking target install of makefile

I receive an error while installing Oracle 9i: Error in invoking target install of makefile /opt/oracle/product/9.2.0/sqlplus/lib/ins_sqlplus.mk Furthermore: $ whoami oracle $ echo $ORACLE_HOME /opt/oracle/product/9.2.0 $ pwd /opt/oracle/product/9.2.0/sqlplus/lib $ ll total... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris2005
5 Replies

2. AIX

Oracle client install on AIX 5.3

I have been tasked with creating a scripted install of the Oracle client (9.2.0.1.0). However from what I have discovered this is an X / Java install application and cannot be run without the DISPLAY being set and exported. Does anyone know of a way of installing the client from a character based... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnf
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Install vim on centos

i typed this command it shows -bash: up2date: command not found how to install it? how to copy the code to the VI editor when i access my server with secureCRT (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: runeveryday
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Oracle client install for AIX - WinSCP fails

I am trying to install the oracle client for AIX. I downloaded the client to my Windows machine from Oracle Database 10g Release 2 for AIX5L "Oracle Database 10g Client Release 2 (10.2.0.1.0)". 1. Is this right? (I need 9 or 10 client) It was .gz file that I am now trying to move from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoefiend
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can someone Help install CentOS

Hello, I'm new to this Unix OS. I need help and guide to how to install this: Server requirements / Installation OS: CentOS6 / EXT4 SWAP: 16 GB (system level) Just show me the walk through by using centos manual install. Thanks, mimic (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mimic51
1 Replies
GRUB-INSTALL(8) 							FSF							   GRUB-INSTALL(8)

NAME
grub-install - install GRUB on your drive SYNOPSIS
grub-install [OPTION] install_device DESCRIPTION
Install GRUB on your drive. -h, --help print this message and exit -v, --version print the version information and exit --root-directory=DIR install GRUB images under the directory DIR instead of the root directory --grub-shell=FILE use FILE as the grub shell --no-floppy do not probe any floppy drive --force-lba force GRUB to use LBA mode even for a buggy BIOS --recheck probe a device map even if it already exists INSTALL_DEVICE can be a GRUB device name or a system device filename. grub-install copies GRUB images into the DIR/boot directory specfied by --root-directory, and uses the grub shell to install grub into the boot sector. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-grub@gnu.org>. SEE ALSO
grub(8), update-grub(8). The full documentation for grub-install is maintained as a Texinfo manual in the grub-legacy-doc package. If the info and grub-install programs are properly installed at your site, the command info grub-install should give you access to the complete manual. grub-install (GNU GRUB 0.97) January 2013 GRUB-INSTALL(8)