Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? FUN POLL: What is the best UNIX/Linux for. . .? Post 302223331 by Neo on Saturday 9th of August 2008 06:51:42 AM
Old 08-09-2008
This post is a rule violation (and borderline spam). Closed.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

Request:- Could some do a poll of Linux version usage?

I don't know nearly enough about what versions of Open/Free Linux are available. I was wondering if someone would create a new poll of all the major recent(ish) distros so we can see the percentage of people's preferred distro? I've only ever used Suse and have been very happy with it, but... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mark Ward
0 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Time to have FUN my Unix/Linux friends...(One liners)...MUST read.. !!

As a mind refresher, I was thinking to start a new thread for ONE LINERS....funny/weird or any technical one liners.... Let me start first...... ================================= #!/bin/ssh #The Unix Guru's View of Sex unzip ; strip ; touch ; grep ; finger ; mount ; fsck ; more ; yes ;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rahulpict
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

intro to UNIX - making a sort-of recycle bin (for fun)

Hello, I'm only taking Intro to UNIX in school right now, so please bear with me. My problem is with a sort-of recycle-bin rig I've created for fun. I'm using Ubuntu 9.04, I am the admin. (only user, actually) of this computer. I'm using this script in ~/.bashrc # if files exist, remove contents... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jzacsh
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX fun stuff - echo and dc - obfuscate/garble a string sort of

Hi, Humorous UNIX Commands shows a fun way of using echo and dc to sort of obfuscate a string. % echo 'sasb3135071790101768542287578439snlbxq'|dc GET A LIFE! I am just wanting to know if there is a way to sort of use dc and echo to print out an obfuscated/garbled string instead... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies
COLLECTD-EMAIL(5)						     collectd							 COLLECTD-EMAIL(5)

NAME
collectd-email - Documentation of collectd's "email plugin" SYNOPSIS
# See collectd.conf(5) LoadPlugin email # ... <Plugin email> SocketGroup "collectd" SocketPerms "0770" MaxConns 5 </Plugin> DESCRIPTION
The "email plugin" opens an UNIX-socket over which one can submit email statistics, such as the number of "ham", "spam", "virus", etc. mails received/handled, spam scores and matched spam checks. This plugin is intended to be used with the Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Collectd SpamAssassin-plugin which is included in contrib/, but is of course not limited to that use. OPERATION
This plugin collects data indirectly by providing a UNIX-socket that external programs can connect to. A simple line based protocol is used to communicate with the plugin: o E-Mail type (e.g. "ham", "spam", "virus", ...) and size (bytes): e:<type>:<size> If "size" is less than or equal to zero, "size" is ignored. o Spam score: s:<value> o Successful spam checks (e.g. "BAYES_99", "SUBJECT_DRUG_GAP_C", ...): c:<type1>[,<type2>,...] Each line is limited to 256 characters (including the newline character). Longer lines will be ignored. SEE ALSO
collectd(1), collectd.conf(5) AUTHOR
The "email plugin" has been written by Sebastian Harl <sh at tokkee.org>. The SpamAssassin-plugin has been written by Alexander Wirt <formorer at formorer.de>. This manpage has been written by Florian Forster <octo at verplant.org>. 5.1.0 2012-04-02 COLLECTD-EMAIL(5)