Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AIX core dumps
Top Forums Programming AIX core dumps Post 302223234 by shamrock on Friday 8th of August 2008 05:00:58 PM
Old 08-08-2008
Can you post the threads version of the entire code.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

reading core dumps

Does anyone know how to read core dumps. Is gdb the only tool for it ? The OS is Solaris. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suntan
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Generating core dumps

I have the following set up on a Sun server running solaris 5.8 for core dump generation coreadm global core file pattern: /var/core init core file pattern: /var/core global core dumps: enabled per-process core dumps: enabled global setid core dumps:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: handak9
4 Replies

3. Programming

strcmp core dumps

hi everyone, Right now when I do: strcmp(s1, s2); i get a core dump because at times s1 or s2 can be nothing so that makes strcmp() core dump. What is the solution, if at times I expect one of them (or both) to be NULL? I want to be able to compare that s1 is NULL and s2 is "blah" or... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: annie
6 Replies

4. SCO

SCO 5.07 Panic / Core Dumps

Anyone know how you go about interrogating a panic / core dump with crash for SCO Unix (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccarcher
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Using GDB to analyse different CORE dumps

Hi, Can we modify the GDB source code so as to analyze core dumps from different targets? From my analysis, I think we need to build our section table statically for each target. i.e., including the various address boundaries in build_section_table() function. If this is the case, then the GDB... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsdeeps
2 Replies

6. Solaris

core dumps

i had a situation where a process was defunct. preap would not reap the process and gcore would not work properly (not sure why). therefore, the suggestion was to force a panic and collect the core dump. obviously you could do a savecore -L and capture the dump without bringing down the system.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pupp
3 Replies

7. Ubuntu

enabling core dumps for daemon processes

Hello, I am debugging a program which works as daemon. It sigfaults, unfortunately I'm unable to generate core dump file. Here is what I am doing: tsurko@bastila:~$ ulimit -c unlimited tsurko@bastila:~$ ulimit -c unlimited tsurko@bastila:~$ cat /etc/sysctl.conf | grep 'core_pattern'... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tsurko
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

generating core dumps

Hi I have a Fedora installed and I try to generate my application's core dump file. My system has no coredump limit: $ ulimit core file size (blocks, -c) unlimited But when my application crashes no core dumps generated. I can generate dump file using gcore but it is not appropraite... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xyzt
1 Replies

9. Programming

Stack only core dumps

I'm working on a program in Linux with a group of people scattered around the country. When we have a crash, I like to send a core dump to the appropriate person so that they can understand the problem better. The problem is that our application uses several gigabytes worth of data and these... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bmsterner
4 Replies

10. HP-UX

Generate core dumps

kill -SEGV <pid> gives me the core file for that process but also terminates the process. Can I not get the core dump without terminating the process ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
2 Replies
postwait(2)							System Calls Manual						       postwait(2)

NAME
postwait: pw_getukid(), pw_wait(), pw_post(), pw_postv(), pw_getvmax() - lightweight synchronization mechanism SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
Postwait is a fast, lightweight sleep/wakeup mechanism that can be used for synchronization by cooperating kernel threads within a single process or between separate processes. A thread calls to block. It resumes execution when it is posted by another thread, the call expires, or is signaled. If one or more posts are already pending, returns immediately. Threads using postwait are identified by their ukid. A thread retrieves its ukid by calling It shares this ukid with anyone it chooses by any means it considers appropriate (for example, shared memory). is called with a timeout ts. If ts is NULL, the thread will not timeout. It will remain blocked until posted or a signal wakes it up. If ts points to a zero-valued timespec, will return immediately with a value (and indicating whether or not it was posted. If ts points to a timespec whose value is greater than zero, the thread will block for that amount of time unless it is posted or inter- rupted by a signal, in which case the timespec pointed to by ts is updated with the remaining time. The return value and are set to indi- cate the reason the call returned. is used to post many threads with a single call. It posts to all threads in the targets array. An value for each target is returned in the errors array. (0 indicates success.) If the errors pointer is zero, no target-specific errors are copied out. There is a maximum number of threads that can be posted with a single call. This value is returned by Posts sent to a kernel thread that already has a post pending against it are discarded. RETURN VALUE
returns 0 if it succeeds, -1 otherwise. returns 0 if posted, -1 otherwise. returns 0 if the post succeeds, -1 otherwise. returns 0 if every post succeeds, -1 otherwise. returns the maximum number of kernel threads that can be posted with a single call to ERRORS
sets to one of the following values if it fails: ukid points to an illegal address. The reliable detection of this error is implementation dependent. sets to one of the following values if it fails: was called with a timeout of 0 but the caller has no post(s) pending. was called with a timeout that expired. ts points to an illegal address. The reliable detection of this error is implementation dependent. was interrupted by a signal. The timespec pointed to by ts is invalid. sets to one of the following values if it fails: The ukid refers to a non-existent kernel thread. sets to one of the following values if it fails: targets points to an illegal address. The reliable detection of this error is implementation dependent. errors points to an illegal address. The reliable detection of this error is implementation dependent. count is less than 0. count exceeds the maximum value (as returned by A ukid refers to a non-existent kernel thread. postwait(2)