Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Excel related query for the code..need help.. Post 302223142 by sapan123 on Friday 8th of August 2008 12:50:46 PM
Old 08-08-2008
2008 /home/ADMIN/om/1.txt
20:25 /home/ADMIN/om/hi.txt
2008 /home/ADMIN/owl/1.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query related to #!/bin/sh

hi All Why is #!/bin/sh being used in most of the ksh scripts......? I have seen this (#!/bin/sh) being used at the start of the script Regards Suresh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed related query

Hi I have a file which looks like this //string = "abcd"; //info //string = "*pqrs"; //add string = "#123"; //sub //string = "#1234567890" data = check(string) //string = "#1234567890" I want to modify this as string = "#987"; //mult data = check(string) How do i do that? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gopsman
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk related query

hi, I have to extract a column from a file and then updated that column..?? Now i can use wak for extracting it and then how to update it.. $ awk' {print $5}' input_file Can i use sed command here piping it to the output from the awk command.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhisek.says
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print related query

i Am using the below query and printing the $8 and $9 filed.. find /A/B/C/{1,3,5,7} -name "*.txt" -o -name "*.csv" -o -name "*.TXT" -o -name "*.dat" |xargs ls -ltr |awk '{print $8 ,$9}' > result.xls this give me the rsult like below.. 2008/home/ADMIN/om/1.txt 2008/home/ADMIN/om/hi.txt ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sapan123
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

query related to if

wht does below statement mean? if wht does dis -d option do?? TIA. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sainathdeg
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

datetimestamp related query!

Hi all, I have put a query in a thread but didn't get any reply. Hoping to get a reply here. I have a file in that one line resembles like below... Forwarded by Deepak on 11/15/2009 10:28 AM EST ofcourse AM can be PM also... so what i need is first i need to get only... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smarty86
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Query related to runlevels and milestones

Hi friends.. Please clarify my follg doubts: 1. I can easily switch from runlevel 1 to runlevel 2 or 3 by means of init 2 or init 3 commands. I can even get a gui login screen when i do an init 3 from runlevel1. 2.But suppose if I am in GUI and switched to single-user milestone by means of ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saagar
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A query related to 'ls' command

I am executing the ls command to show the contents of a folder, it shows some number in front of word total as highlighted in blue color below quotes. Can anyone please share that what it is? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zaib
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

query related to grep

Hi All, The result for 'grep "cert_codes" /develop/sales/appl.srce/*.4gl' command will be saved at aa.txt grep "cert_codes" /develop/sales/appl.srce/*.4gl >aa.txt But I am not sure, whether, all result stored in .txt file in case of multi-line result. Please revert back if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbankar
2 Replies

10. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Interfaces related query

I need to list the interfaces that uses FTP instead of SFTP on my applications that are on AIX servers. How do I get that list of IP addresses that connect to my applications via FTP? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
2 Replies
unix2dos(1)						      General Commands Manual						       unix2dos(1)

NAME
unix2dos - UNIX to DOS text file format converter SYNOPSYS
unix2dos [options] [-c convmode] [-o file ...] [-n infile outfile ...] Options: [-hkqV] [--help] [--keepdate] [--quiet] [--version] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents unix2dos, the program that converts text files in UNIX format to DOS format. OPTIONS
The following options are available: -h --help Print online help. -k --keepdate Keep the date stamp of output file same as input file. -q --quiet Quiet mode. Suppress all warning and messages. -V --version Prints version information. -c --convmode convmode Sets conversion mode. Simulates unix2dos under SunOS. -o --oldfile file ... Old file mode. Convert the file and write output to it. The program default to run in this mode. Wildcard names may be used. -n --newfile infile outfile ... New file mode. Convert the infile and write output to outfile. File names must be given in pairs and wildcard names should NOT be used or you WILL lost your files. EXAMPLES
Get input from stdin and write output to stdout. unix2dos Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. unix2dos a.txt b.txt unix2dos -o a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt in ASCII conversion mode. Convert and replace b.txt in ISO conversion mode. unix2dos a.txt -c iso b.txt unix2dos -c ascii a.txt -c iso b.txt Convert and replace a.txt while keeping original date stamp. unix2dos -k a.txt unix2dos -k -o a.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt. unix2dos -n a.txt e.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt, keep date stamp of e.txt same as a.txt. unix2dos -k -n a.txt e.txt Convert and replace a.txt. Convert b.txt and write to e.txt. unix2dos a.txt -n b.txt e.txt unix2dos -o a.txt -n b.txt e.txt Convert c.txt and write to e.txt. Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. Convert d.txt and write to f.txt. unix2dos -n c.txt e.txt -o a.txt b.txt -n d.txt f.txt DIAGNOSTICS
BUGS
The program does not work properly under MSDOS in stdio processing mode. If you know why is that so, please tell me. AUTHOR
Benjamin Lin - ( blin@socs.uts.edu.au ) MISCELLANY
Tested environment: Linux 1.2.0 with GNU C 2.5.8 SunOS 4.1.3 with GNU C 2.6.3 MS-DOS 6.20 with Borland C++ 4.02 Suggestions and bug reports are welcome. SEE ALSO
dos2unix(1) 1995.03.31 unix2dos v2.2 unix2dos(1)