Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Pop up Confirmation Box
Top Forums Web Development Pop up Confirmation Box Post 302223019 by garric on Friday 8th of August 2008 06:16:34 AM
Old 08-08-2008
Thanks for this info. Yes, I think I need to go back and understand Javascript and HTML better.

As for this problem, this is what I wrote (still unsuccessfully)
Code:
my $display_form = new CGI;
$JSCRIPT="function confirmOk() { return window.confirm('Confirm deletion?'); }";

print $display_form->header("text/html");
print $display_form->start_html(
                                                -meta=>{'http-equiv'=>'Content-Language','content'=>'en-us'},
                                                -script=>$JSCRIPT);
print $display_form->start_form(-title=>"Operation", -style=>'font-size: 9pt; color:  #000000 ; font-family: Tahoma', -action=>"./operation.pl", -method=>"POST");
print $display_form->submit(-name=>'Operation', -onClick=>"return confirmOK()");

Clicking on the submit button still doesn't result in the pop-up. Do you see anything I am missing here?

Regards,
garric

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mail delivery confirmation

If I am sending mail with this command: mail .......@whatever.com < filename, is it possible to get delivery confirmation? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: CSGUY
3 Replies

2. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

need email confirmation resent

we had a power outage shortly after i registered... so my mail server was down for a while... could i get the email confirmation for hackware --> resent please...? thanx... ...william.o.yates...email removed (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hackware
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pop up dialog box on remote computers

I need to send out messages to over 100 clients in my sector. I want it to pop up a dialog box letting them know to save work and log out. I have the reboot script created just need the warning please. Thanks (35 Replies)
Discussion started by: deaconf19
35 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and Replace with Confirmation

Hi, I have created a script which searches and replace the searched text from any file in directory. I want to add a functionality where before replacing the text, script shows the line with the searched text and ask for user confirmation before replacing the text. Can this be done using SED... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhinav Tyagi
18 Replies

5. Solaris

Netbackup Solaris Client confirmation

Greetings, I have a bunch of Solaris servers that are running Netbackup as a client. I set them up and my backup admin has confirmed that they are being backed up. But what I want to be able to do is run a command from each Solaris client to see some proof from the client side that the files... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BrewDudeBob
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

twice confirmation in the script

from one script invoke another script will need to do double confirmation like: 'y' and 'y' exp: echo 'y' | /a/b/c.sh only input 1 'y' in the c.sh, but the c.sh required 2 'y' (twice confirmation) is there anyway get resolve this issue? please help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kinx
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Confirmation while deleting a file

Hi All, While am deleting a file in unix by using the command rm it's deleting the file directly IT's have to ask the user while deleting like do you want to delete filename y or N ? Kindly help on this. Thanks Thelak (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thelakbe
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to shutdown Linux box with user confirmation?

Hi Guru's Am looking for linux reboot command which get executed after user confirmation .Can someone please help me with this.:confused::confused::confused: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kapil514
6 Replies

9. Web Development

Pop up confirmation box / perl cgi

Hi, I need to add confirmation pop up msg box before deleting the record from database, I have added following snippets to my code but its not working for me, your help will be much appreciated : print header; print <<EOF; <script type="text/javascript"> function confirmOk() { return... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: terrykhatri531
0 Replies

10. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Don't receive confirmation mail.

Hi Folks, I just recently registered with the username _Kaede. Unfortunately, I didn't receive any confirmation mail also not when I changed to another address. Help is very appreciated. Thanks and kind regards :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Unregistered
2 Replies
HTML::HeadParser(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       HTML::HeadParser(3)

NAME
HTML::HeadParser - Parse <HEAD> section of a HTML document SYNOPSIS
require HTML::HeadParser; $p = HTML::HeadParser->new; $p->parse($text) and print "not finished"; $p->header('Title') # to access <title>....</title> $p->header('Content-Base') # to access <base href="http://..."> $p->header('Foo') # to access <meta http-equiv="Foo" content="..."> $p->header('X-Meta-Author') # to access <meta name="author" content="..."> $p->header('X-Meta-Charset') # to access <meta charset="..."> DESCRIPTION
The "HTML::HeadParser" is a specialized (and lightweight) "HTML::Parser" that will only parse the <HEAD>...</HEAD> section of an HTML document. The parse() method will return a FALSE value as soon as some <BODY> element or body text are found, and should not be called again after this. Note that the "HTML::HeadParser" might get confused if raw undecoded UTF-8 is passed to the parse() method. Make sure the strings are properly decoded before passing them on. The "HTML::HeadParser" keeps a reference to a header object, and the parser will update this header object as the various elements of the <HEAD> section of the HTML document are recognized. The following header fields are affected: Content-Base: The Content-Base header is initialized from the <base href="..."> element. Title: The Title header is initialized from the <title>...</title> element. Isindex: The Isindex header will be added if there is a <isindex> element in the <head>. The header value is initialized from the prompt attribute if it is present. If no prompt attribute is given it will have '?' as the value. X-Meta-Foo: All <meta> elements containing a "name" attribute will result in headers using the prefix "X-Meta-" appended with the value of the "name" attribute as the name of the header, and the value of the "content" attribute as the pushed header value. <meta> elements containing a "http-equiv" attribute will result in headers as in above, but without the "X-Meta-" prefix in the header name. <meta> elements containing a "charset" attribute will result in an "X-Meta-Charset" header, using the value of the "charset" attribute as the pushed header value. The ':' character can't be represented in header field names, so if the meta element contains this char it's substituted with '-' before forming the field name. METHODS
The following methods (in addition to those provided by the superclass) are available: $hp = HTML::HeadParser->new $hp = HTML::HeadParser->new( $header ) The object constructor. The optional $header argument should be a reference to an object that implement the header() and push_header() methods as defined by the "HTTP::Headers" class. Normally it will be of some class that is a or delegates to the "HTTP::Headers" class. If no $header is given "HTML::HeadParser" will create an "HTTP::Headers" object by itself (initially empty). $hp->header; Returns a reference to the header object. $hp->header( $key ) Returns a header value. It is just a shorter way to write "$hp->header->header($key)". EXAMPLE
$h = HTTP::Headers->new; $p = HTML::HeadParser->new($h); $p->parse(<<EOT); <title>Stupid example</title> <base href="http://www.linpro.no/lwp/"> Normal text starts here. EOT undef $p; print $h->title; # should print "Stupid example" SEE ALSO
HTML::Parser, HTTP::Headers The "HTTP::Headers" class is distributed as part of the libwww-perl package. If you don't have that distribution installed you need to provide the $header argument to the "HTML::HeadParser" constructor with your own object that implements the documented protocol. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1996-2001 Gisle Aas. All rights reserved. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-05-08 HTML::HeadParser(3)