Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How can I get rid of the ` character from input file? Post 302222846 by shamrock on Thursday 7th of August 2008 04:02:53 PM
Old 08-07-2008
Post input data

Can you provide a sample of the input file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Get rid of junk character in a file

I have a file with one of the following lines, when opened with vi 33560010686GPT£120600GBPGBP10082007DS In the above line, I want to get rid of the junk character before the £ (pound sysmbol). When I tried copying £ from windows and copy in unix vi, it prints as £ and I tried pattern replace... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nskworld
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

validating a input file for numeric and character

i have a input file like this 001|rahim|bajaj|20090102 while reading the file i need to check whether the first column is a number second column is a name is there any methodology to check for the same thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: trichyselva
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to get rid of ^M in the file

Hi I have a file wich contains ^M characters, looks like these are from DOS, Is there a way to get rid of them? Thanks -A (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

unwanted control character in the input

Hi Shell Scripting Experts, I have a shell script running daily on a remote machine through ssh. To avoid the trouble of restarting the script when ssh disconnects, I use screen (a unix tool) and run the script within a screen session. What this script does is to ask the user to input y or n... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeff_cen
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get rid of the 7th character of each line if this is a space

I have a text file like this ... B 16 1.340E+05 A 18 3.083E+02 Wu123 1.365E+02 ... I would like to get rid of the 7th character of each line if this is a space character. Thank you, Sarah (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: f_o_555
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

get rid of "^" character in a .txt file

I have a file that I ran the dos2unix utility on, it cleans up pretty well, but I noticed an occasional ^M leftover, (actual characters) these may or may not be strays from my original dos file. Either way, I want to get rid of the ^ and any character that may follow. ^M ^C or whatever. How do I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajp7701
6 Replies

7. Solaris

solaris 10 login. I can not input any character

well I am using vmware to install solaris 10. everything went smooth( I installed it like 1000 times already and i get the same problem with login.) I can type my username without any problem but when i go to type my password. it does not take any character. i cant see anything. It is very... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: unhuman
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

URGENT!!!move character x of input string to some position

i have this prob I have some records in a file1 like this 1001 sajal singh tampa 1002 .... so on i have a pattern file which is like this 1,4 4,13 14,15 i have to read the first pair 1,4 and extract that from the first record so the pattern is 1001 now i have to scramble 1001... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: spankincubus
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why menu won't allow 2 character input?

I’m trying to write a script for users to easily check folder size. The idea is to have a menu that starts at the top directory and then drills down to lower directories. Selections 1-9 work fine. The issue I’m having is any 2 digit menu selections (10+) doesn’t work and it returns the error... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MarkCyc
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replace character string in txt file using input file(S)

Hi I have a large txt file on my AIX server and I need to replace some text using two other files. So filename1 has about 500 lines similar to: txtcode SYStem100 I have the string I want to change in string2 and the new stringname in string3. Does anyone know a way of doing this? I have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Grueben
1 Replies
get_sound_input_cap_bits(3alleg4)				  Allegro manual				 get_sound_input_cap_bits(3alleg4)

NAME
get_sound_input_cap_bits - Checks which audio input sample formats are supported. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> int get_sound_input_cap_bits(); DESCRIPTION
Checks which sample formats are supported by the current audio input driver, returning one of the bitfield values: 0 = audio input not supported 8 = eight bit audio input is supported 16 = sixteen bit audio input is supported 24 = both eight and sixteen bit audio input are supported Example: cap = get_sound_input_cap_bits(); if (cap == 0) { /* Ugh, no audio input supported? */ } else { if (cap & 8) { /* We have eight bit audio input. */ } if (cap & 16) { /* We have sixteen bit audio input. */ } } SEE ALSO
start_sound_input(3alleg4), get_sound_input_cap_parm(3alleg4), get_sound_input_cap_rate(3alleg4), get_sound_input_cap_stereo(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 get_sound_input_cap_bits(3alleg4)