Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris needed help in finding a suitable video player! Post 302222831 by System Shock on Thursday 7th of August 2008 03:13:25 PM
Old 08-07-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by incredible
If Im joking, then what's this? I know about mplayer too Smilie
Windows Media Player - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You recommended a player that's been defunct for 8 years, and that frankly was horrible, and only played WMVs..

DukeNuke2 has it right.. videolan is the best thing around, but personally, I found the CSW version (8.0.6) buggy. I'd go the compilation route.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Unable to install VLC media player or any other player in SL 6.3 distro

Hi, I am unable to install VLC or any other media players in my SL 6.3 distro. I am using yum utility to install the packages, but i am getting the below error messages, --> Processing Dependency: libpng15.so.15()(64bit) for package: vlc-core-2.0.3-1.fc18.x86_64 --> Processing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Ffmpeg (avconv) + crtmpserver Linux streaming video, no player to play it

Hello Linux experts, I'm working on live video streaming project, and my job is to create video streaming server using Ubuntu 13.04 Here is what I've done so far: 1. Installed crtmpserver from Ubuntu's repositories. 2. Installed ffmpeg To test the server i use webcam as source of video,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: +Yan
0 Replies

3. Android

Is FAT32 more suitable?

May I assume that there is no point to format your SD Card (assume you have the 32 GB size) to NTFS if the device can support SD Card of up to 32 GB and FAT32 maximum limit is also exactly 32 GB? "Crest Accountants Suite E316, Level 3 Oracle East Building 3 Oracle Boulevard Broadbeach QLD 4218,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PheekaJabal
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help finding a video faster

Is there a way to make this search faster? It takes about 30 minutes. Its a video so I figured I could say larger than 100 MB. It contains Mark so I added name. What else could I do to make the search faster? find / -type f -name "*Mark*" -size +100M 2>/dev/null (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
6 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.18.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)