Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sun Machine Crashed
Operating Systems Solaris Sun Machine Crashed Post 302222714 by incredible on Thursday 7th of August 2008 11:35:55 AM
Old 08-07-2008
definitely obvious esp the trasport error and writing to the disk.. maybe restoring the data to a new disk could helpSmilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sun Machine Rebooted

Hi , My Sun Machine Rebooted by itself 2 days back . Its running fine now , But i wanted to find out wat caused it to reboot... This is wat the var/adm/messages show . Kern.notice:- System booting after fatal error FATAL... Wat causes this message ... And wat tasks should i do to ensure it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: DPAI
6 Replies

2. Solaris

how to change IP of my SUN solaris machine

Hello, I want to change the IP of my SUN solaris machine but i am not bale to find the right way. I tried the following steps: 1) edit /etc/inet/hosts and change IP address for host listed in /etc/hostname.le0 2) ifconfig le0 down 3) ifconfig le0 inet NEW_IP_ADDR netmask + broadcast + ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: er_aparna
5 Replies

3. Solaris

Sun machine boot up

Hi I am trying to bring up our Sun V100 machine remotely using hyper terminal. We have connected LOM port A to COM1 of our windows server and have lom promt available. Now when we type poweron it starts booting and goes through the booting process and stops at the following step... .... ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chimpu
7 Replies

4. Solaris

Installation os on sun machine

I had one sun ultra enterprise1 cpu. it's not giving any disply,which operating system it's support. How can install os on this CPU. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagadeesh
2 Replies

5. Solaris

How to configure IP in SUN Machine

Hi Experts, I am new for solaris, i am using Solaris10,can you anyone assist me how to configure IP in my machine. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: daya.pandit
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Sun Fire E2900 crashed. Help analyze explorer

Dear Friends, Sun Fire E2900 crashed. I collected explorer output. core dump files been generated. There some interesting output files related to crash dumps, that I need some help from you guys to understand. The file in the explorer output is under /sysconfig/crash it's called:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sun Fire
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Sun is not able to ssh another machine of sun

My one Sun machine is not able to ssh another machine of Sun. Although I have configured the ssh successfully ( SunOS sunbox2 5.9 Generic_118558-34 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-2500 ) ERROR bash-2.05# ssh sunbox2 /etc/ssh/ssh_config: line 34: Bad configuration option: PermitRootLogin... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: z_haseeb
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Old Sun machine documentation needed

Hi all. Last year, after registering on Sun support site, I downloaded for free all available documentation (in PDF) and support files of a couple of old Sun workstations (Ultra 5 and Ultra 10). Now I need the documentation and support files of other old Sun workstations (SPARCstation 20 and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisechip
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Cloned Sun OS 10 HD using replicator machine

Dear all, I have Sun Oracle 10 SPARC T4-1 machine with 4 units SAS2 300GB configure with 2 set Raid1. Is it possible to take out all 4 hd and cloned the 4 HD using disk clone/replicator machine with same HD size and model? After the cloned completed put back the new cloned HD at original... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ayyahma
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Start /SYS on SUN SPARC does not start machine [SUN SPARC ENTERPRISE T-5240]

-> start /SYS Are you sure you want to start /SYS (y/n)? y Starting /SYS ]-> show HOST /HOST Targets: bootmode diag domain Properties: autorestart = reset autorunonerror = false bootfailrecovery = poweroff ... (29 Replies)
Discussion started by: z_haseeb
29 Replies
FC_REMOTE_PORT_DELET(9) 					  SCSI mid layer					   FC_REMOTE_PORT_DELET(9)

NAME
fc_remote_port_delete - notifies the fc transport that a remote port is no longer in existence. SYNOPSIS
void fc_remote_port_delete(struct fc_rport * rport); ARGUMENTS
rport The remote port that no longer exists DESCRIPTION
The LLDD calls this routine to notify the transport that a remote port is no longer part of the topology. Note: Although a port may no longer be part of the topology, it may persist in the remote ports displayed by the fc_host. We do this under 2 conditions: 1) If the port was a scsi target, we delay its deletion by "blocking" it. This allows the port to temporarily disappear, then reappear without disrupting the SCSI device tree attached to it. During the "blocked" period the port will still exist. 2) If the port was a scsi target and disappears for longer than we expect, we'll delete the port and the tear down the SCSI device tree attached to it. However, we want to semi-persist the target id assigned to that port if it eventually does exist. The port structure will remain (although with minimal information) so that the target id bindings remails. If the remote port is not an FCP Target, it will be fully torn down and deallocated, including the fc_remote_port class device. If the remote port is an FCP Target, the port will be placed in a temporary blocked state. From the LLDD's perspective, the rport no longer exists. From the SCSI midlayer's perspective, the SCSI target exists, but all sdevs on it are blocked from further I/O. The following is then expected. If the remote port does not return (signaled by a LLDD call to fc_remote_port_add) within the dev_loss_tmo timeout, then the scsi target is removed - killing all outstanding i/o and removing the scsi devices attached ot it. The port structure will be marked Not Present and be partially cleared, leaving only enough information to recognize the remote port relative to the scsi target id binding if it later appears. The port will remain as long as there is a valid binding (e.g. until the user changes the binding type or unloads the scsi host with the binding). If the remote port returns within the dev_loss_tmo value (and matches according to the target id binding type), the port structure will be reused. If it is no longer a SCSI target, the target will be torn down. If it continues to be a SCSI target, then the target will be unblocked (allowing i/o to be resumed), and a scan will be activated to ensure that all luns are detected. Called from normal process context only - cannot be called from interrupt. NOTES
This routine assumes no locks are held on entry. AUTHORS
James Bottomley <James.Bottomley@hansenpartnership.com> Author. Rob Landley <rob@landley.net> Author. COPYRIGHT
Kernel Hackers Manual 3.10 June 2014 FC_REMOTE_PORT_DELET(9)