Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: cronjob to run perl script
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers cronjob to run perl script Post 302222677 by AirWalker83 on Thursday 7th of August 2008 10:22:49 AM
Old 08-07-2008
Question cronjob to run perl script

Hi all
Recently i had finished a perl script. When i run manually, the script work fine.
But when i wanted to put the script in cron, it didn't get the same output as it run manually. I felt that it only execute the script until certain line then it stop as i see most of the related files didn't update after the script run by cron. Below is the cron i put

0,30 * * * * perl /home01/user/cheah/trigger_resend/complete.pl >/dev/null 2>&1

Did anyone can help on this?
Thanks very much...........

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

cannot run cronjob

I have the following cron: 0,3,6,9,12,15,18,21,24,27,30,33,36,39,42,45,48,51,54,57 * * * * /v/sysadmin/sysnet/file.pl The .pl has been tried at 755 and 777 The script works if manually run by the web browser or unix command prompt, but I can't get the Cron to do it automatically i went... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shahrahulb
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Run perl script in the current process

I have a question regarding running perl in the current process. I shall demonstrate with an example. Look at this. sh-2.05b$ pwd /tmp sh-2.05b$ cat test.sh #! /bin/sh cd /etc sh-2.05b$ ./test.sh sh-2.05b$ pwd /tmp sh-2.05b$ . ./test.sh sh-2.05b$ pwd /etc sh-2.05b$ So... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino
10 Replies

3. Solaris

How to run a script as different user inside cronjob in solaris.

Hi , I have a shell script to perform some actions on sun solaris box . This script normally requires to be run as a different user. so, whenever i have to run this script, i need to sudo in as that user , enter the password and execute it. Now,I have to setup a cronjob to execute the script... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: csg_user
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running script that sends an html formatted email fails when its run as cronjob

Hi Im very new at working with unix and this problem I simply can not understand. I know there are a lot of threads about problems with shell scripts behaving differently when run from a terminal and from a cronjob. I have tried everything(almost) but I still havent cracked this problem. Im... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nightowl
15 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems in running a Perl script via cronjob

I have a very basic perl script that attempts to find if a process is running. If the process is not running then the script is supposed to start the process. If I execute the script from command line it works fine as expected. However if the script is executed via cronjob, the script cannot find... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ypant
1 Replies

6. AIX

My script didn't run every run every minute at cronjob

In my cronjob, I would like to schedule my script.sh to run every minutes. I crontab -e and have in line below but it didn't seems to run at all. * * * * * script.sh When I run it manually, I can run it. Is that anything wrong with the above line? If I change it to something like below,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ngaisteve1
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Schedule and Run By weekly shell script in cronjob

Hi All, How to schedule a shell script(script name- byweeklyreport.sh) it should run by weekly in corn job or is there any script have to write to check week and then run the above script. example-1st run March 06 2013 2nd run March 20 2013 3rd run April 3 2013... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: krupasindhu18
13 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script does not run from a user specific cronjob.

Hello, I have two crontabs, one for the root and one for another user. There is a script in my configurations that has to send a email. The script works and sends the emails when I run it by hand with either the root or the user, and when I program it in the root's crontab. But! It does not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tralaraloro
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run cronjob for every 10 minutes

Hi Friends, I have a requirement to run the cronjob for every 10 minutes from 2:00 AM to 6:00 AM. Does the below code works? If not, please advise. * * * * * command to be executed ┬ ┬ ┬ ┬ ┬ │ │ │ │ │ │ │ │ │ │ │ │ │ │ └---------------------------------- day of week (0 - 6) (0 is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanthbiradar
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script run in a case statement call to run a php file, also Perl

Linux System having all Perl, Python, PHP (and Ruby) installed From a Shell script, can call a Perl, Python, PHP (or Ruby ?) file eg eg a Shell script run in a case statement call to run a php file, also Perl or/and Python file??? Like #!/usr/bin/bash .... .... case $INPUT_STRING... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hoyanet
1 Replies
Plack::App::CGIBin(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   Plack::App::CGIBin(3pm)

NAME
Plack::App::CGIBin - cgi-bin replacement for Plack servers SYNOPSIS
use Plack::App::CGIBin; use Plack::Builder; my $app = Plack::App::CGIBin->new(root => "/path/to/cgi-bin")->to_app; builder { mount "/cgi-bin" => $app; }; # Or from the command line plackup -MPlack::App::CGIBin -e 'Plack::App::CGIBin->new(root => "/path/to/cgi-bin")->to_app' DESCRIPTION
Plack::App::CGIBin allows you to load CGI scripts from a directory and convert them into a PSGI application. This would give you the extreme easiness when you have bunch of old CGI scripts that is loaded using cgi-bin of Apache web server. HOW IT WORKS
This application checks if a given file path is a perl script and if so, uses CGI::Compile to compile a CGI script into a sub (like ModPerl::Registry) and then run it as a persistent application using CGI::Emulate::PSGI. If the given file is not a perl script, it executes the script just like a normal CGI script with fork & exec. This is like a normal web server mode and no performance benefit is achieved. The default mechanism to determine if a given file is a Perl script is as follows: o Check if the filename ends with ".pl". If yes, it is a Perl script. o Open the file and see if the shebang (first line of the file) contains the word "perl" (like "#!/usr/bin/perl"). If yes, it is a Perl script. You can customize this behavior by passing "exec_cb" callback, which takes a file path to its first argument. For example, if your perl-based CGI script uses lots of global variables and such and are not ready to run on a persistent environment, you can do: my $app = Plack::App::CGIBin->new( root => "/path/to/cgi-bin", exec_cb => sub { 1 }, )->to_app; to always force the execute option for any files. AUTHOR
Tatsuhiko Miyagawa SEE ALSO
Plack::App::File CGI::Emulate::PSGI CGI::Compile Plack::App::WrapCGI See also Plack::App::WrapCGI if you compile one CGI script into a PSGI application without serving CGI scripts from a directory, to remove overhead of filesystem lookups, etc. perl v5.14.2 2011-11-02 Plack::App::CGIBin(3pm)