Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: using array inside awk
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting using array inside awk Post 302222664 by subin_bala on Thursday 7th of August 2008 09:45:20 AM
Old 08-07-2008
After that some other functions will read the values from these two arrays and compare the values which they have ....

Thanks and Regards,
Subin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

looping a array inside inside ssh is not working, pls help

set -A arr a1 a2 a3 a4 # START ssh -xq $Server1 -l $Username /usr/bin/ksh <<-EOS integer j=0 for loop in ${arr} do printf "array - ${arr}\n" (( j = j + 1 )) j=`expr j+1` done EOS # END ========= this is not giving me correct output. I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: reldb
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Array inside an array

hi All, I have a array as follows, array1=("xx" "abc" "def" "xyz") and each array1 is also storing some array values, like array1=abc and abc=("a" "b" "c") etcetera etcetra......... Note : each subarray under array1 have index 3 i.e. it can max contain 3 values if i echo ${abc} ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

split and making an array inside another array

I want to run an awk split on a value that has been pushed through an array and I was wondering what the syntax should be?? e.g. running time strings through an array and trying to examine just minutes: 12:25:30 10:15:13 08:55:23 awk ' NR==FNR{ ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dcfargo
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

printing array elements inside AWK

i just want to dump my array and see if it contains the values i am expecting. It should print as follows, ignore=345fht ignore=rthfg56 . . . ignore=49568g Here is the code. Is this even possible to do? please help termReport.pl < $4 | dos2ux | head -2000 | awk ' BEGIN... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: usustarr
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling array inside awk

Hello I have the file df.tmp FS is actually the / FS but escape character\ and end of line $ is used in order to fetch exctly / and not other filesystems. awk '/\/$/ {print $(NF-1)+0}' df.tmp will work properly and return a value eg. 60 but when I am trying to issue the command with the array... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: drbiloukos
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

unique inside array

I have a file root@server # cat /root/list12 11.22.33.44 22.33.44.55 33.44.55.66 33.44.55.66 33.44.55.66 I try to pass to array and display unique. root@server# cat /root/test12.sh #!/bin/bash #delcare array badips and accumulate values to array elemenrs badips=( $( cat... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil510
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP with AWK one-liner. Need to employ an If condition inside AWK to check for array variable ?

Hello experts, I'm stuck with this script for three days now. Here's what i need. I need to split a large delimited (,) file into 2 files based on the value present in the last field. Samp: Something.csv bca,adc,asdf,123,12C bca,adc,asdf,123,13C def,adc,asdf,123,12A I need this split... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shell_boy23
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use variable inside array?

I tried to use variable inside an array variable, but its not working as expected.:wall: ENV1=123 ENV1=789 ENV1=120 ENV2=567 if then name=ENV1 echo "${name}" echo "${name}" echo "${name}" else name=ENV1 echo "${name}" fi Output: ./val.sh 1 123 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jayavinoth
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Array inside sed

Hi guys Let me at first describe the whole thing that I'm trying to do. Lets say I have 100 files like the following one. Ow 1230 16.000000 -0.834000 16.083957 1.751652398 -17.20094528 -4.450623277 Hw 1231 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: saleheen
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

sed inside the awk script to replace a string in the array

The requirement is i need to find an array value matching with pattern {5:{ , replace that with 5: and reassign that to same array index and print it. I write something like below and the issue is sed command is not working. If i replace " with "`" the script gives syntax error.how can i... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhagya123
8 Replies
SORT(3) 								 1								   SORT(3)

sort - Sort an array

SYNOPSIS
bool sort (array &$array, [int $sort_flags = SORT_REGULAR]) DESCRIPTION
This function sorts an array. Elements will be arranged from lowest to highest when this function has completed. PARAMETERS
o $array - The input array. o $sort_flags - The optional second parameter $sort_flags may be used to modify the sorting behavior using these values: Sorting type flags: o SORT_REGULAR - compare items normally (don't change types) o SORT_NUMERIC - compare items numerically o SORT_STRING - compare items as strings o SORT_LOCALE_STRING - compare items as strings, based on the current locale. It uses the locale, which can be changed using setlocale(3) o SORT_NATURAL - compare items as strings using "natural ordering" like natsort(3) o SORT_FLAG_CASE - can be combined (bitwise OR) with SORT_STRING or SORT_NATURAL to sort strings case-insensitively RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.4.0 | | | | | | | Added support for SORT_NATURAL and | | | SORT_FLAG_CASE as $sort_flags | | | | | 5.0.2 | | | | | | | Added SORT_LOCALE_STRING | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 sort(3) example <?php $fruits = array("lemon", "orange", "banana", "apple"); sort($fruits); foreach ($fruits as $key => $val) { echo "fruits[" . $key . "] = " . $val . " "; } ?> The above example will output: fruits[0] = apple fruits[1] = banana fruits[2] = lemon fruits[3] = orange The fruits have been sorted in alphabetical order. Example #2 sort(3) example using case-insensitive natural ordering <?php $fruits = array( "Orange1", "orange2", "Orange3", "orange20" ); sort($fruits, SORT_NATURAL | SORT_FLAG_CASE); foreach ($fruits as $key => $val) { echo "fruits[" . $key . "] = " . $val . " "; } ?> The above example will output: fruits[0] = Orange1 fruits[1] = orange2 fruits[2] = Orange3 fruits[3] = orange20 The fruits have been sorted like natcasesort(3). NOTES
Note This function assigns new keys to the elements in $array. It will remove any existing keys that may have been assigned, rather than just reordering the keys. Note Like most PHP sorting functions, sort(3) uses an implementation of Quicksort. The pivot is chosen in the middle of the partition resulting in an optimal time for already sorted arrays. This is however an implementation detail you shouldn't rely on. Warning Be careful when sorting arrays with mixed types values because sort(3) can produce unpredictable results. SEE ALSO
asort(3), The comparison of array sorting functions. PHP Documentation Group SORT(3)