Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux missing binary operator before token "(" Post 302222618 by vino on Thursday 7th of August 2008 06:43:36 AM
Old 08-07-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by mannam srinivas
pls clarify why we are using gcc version greater than 3002.
Request you to read the comments I had provided earlier.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

"syntax error near unexpected token `fi' "

one of my script as follows HOME=/apps/logs mv $HOME/cron.log $HOME/cron.log.`date +%Y-%m-%d` touch $HOME/cron.log fi i am getting error as follows on the last line we are getting ... "syntax error near unexpected token `fi' " please suggest.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: GIC1986
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I use a pipe operator in a variable: OPTION="| command"?

I have a string of commands I am piping some data through and I want to allow command line switches to select which commands are used. I want to do something like this: OPTION="| command3" command1 -a -b c.txt | command2 -d -e $OPTION >result.txt I want to do it that way because OPTION may be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: KenJackson
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

error "test: [-d: unary operator expected" very confused.

Im trying to check if a series of directory exists and if not create them, and am having issues. All the instances of test return with the error "test: #!/bin/bash location_Parent=~/Documents/sight_of_sound location_IMG=~/Documents/Sight_of_sound/IMG location_AUD=~/Documents/Sight_of_sound/AUD... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: orionrush
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

cannot properly employ "or" operator in an if statement (bash)

Hi, I have a variable, $sername, and I would like to display this variable only if it *does not* contain either of these two tags: *DTI*FA* or *DIFF*FA*. I think the syntax for my 'or' operator is off. The variable $sername is continuously changing in an outer loop (not shown), but at the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: goodbenito
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

What "-a" operator means in "if" statement

Hi I am trying to figure out what the following line does, I work in ksh88: ] && LIST="$big $LIST" Not sure what "-a" means in that case. Thanks a lot for any advice -A (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

"binary operator exected" problem

Hey guys/gals, Am having trouble getting an 'if statement' to play nice.. I am playing with a script and need 'if' to check whether "y" or "Y" has been entered and if not to exit. In previous scripts I was playing with there would normally be a Y and a N response possibility so each... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TAPE
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

operand expected (error token is "<")

Hi, i am getting error from below script. Error: s1.sh: line 19: ((: j<: syntax error: operand expected (error token is "<") #!/bin/bash str=$(ps -eaf | grep smon | grep -v grep | awk ' {print $8}' | cut -c10-18) i=1 while do temp=`echo $str|awk '{print $"'$i'"}'` ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: lakshmikanthe
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax error near unexpected token `"Hit <ENTER> to continue:"'

the below code will search attr string inside makefile under the modelno on given path. echo "Enter model no for searching string inside makefile" read inputs2 #find /pools/home_unix/sapte/work/models/model/$inputs2 -name "makefile" | xargs grep "attr" \; #;;I am getting below error.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lathigara
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
PAM_CHAUTHTOK(3)						 Linux-PAM Manual						  PAM_CHAUTHTOK(3)

NAME
pam_chauthtok - updating authentication tokens SYNOPSIS
#include <security/pam_appl.h> int pam_chauthtok(pam_handle_t *pamh, int flags); DESCRIPTION
The pam_chauthtok function is used to change the authentication token for a given user (as indicated by the state associated with the handle pamh). The pamh argument is an authentication handle obtained by a prior call to pam_start(). The flags argument is the binary or of zero or more of the following values: PAM_SILENT Do not emit any messages. PAM_CHANGE_EXPIRED_AUTHTOK This argument indicates to the modules that the users authentication token (password) should only be changed if it has expired. If this argument is not passed, the application requires that all authentication tokens are to be changed. RETURN VALUES
PAM_AUTHTOK_ERR A module was unable to obtain the new authentication token. PAM_AUTHTOK_RECOVERY_ERR A module was unable to obtain the old authentication token. PAM_AUTHTOK_LOCK_BUSY One or more of the modules was unable to change the authentication token since it is currently locked. PAM_AUTHTOK_DISABLE_AGING Authentication token aging has been disabled for at least one of the modules. PAM_PERM_DENIED Permission denied. PAM_SUCCESS The authentication token was successfully updated. PAM_TRY_AGAIN Not all of the modules were in a position to update the authentication token(s). In such a case none of the user's authentication tokens are updated. PAM_USER_UNKNOWN User unknown to password service. SEE ALSO
pam_start(3), pam_authenticate(3), pam_setcred(3), pam_get_item(3), pam_strerror(3), pam(7) Linux-PAM Manual 06/04/2011 PAM_CHAUTHTOK(3)