Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting using sed to replace a pattern in list of files Post 302222614 by era on Thursday 7th of August 2008 06:30:29 AM
Old 08-07-2008
Code:
xargs sed -i 's/bc01/xy01/g' <file_list.log

The -n option causes sed to remove any line which does not match; I'm guessing you don't want that. If you do, you'll need to add a /p option to the s/// command to print the lines which had substitutions made to them; otherwise, the output will be empty files (it will make the substitution but not write the result anywhere).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find a pattern and replace using sed.

Hi I need to help on finding the below pattern using sed <b><a href="/home/document.do?assetkey=x-y-abcde-1&searchclause=photo"> and replace as below in the same line on the index file. <b><a href="/abcde.html"> thx in advance. Mari (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: maridhasan
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED Search Pattern and Replace with the Pattern

Hello All, I have a string "CP_STATUS OSSRC_R6_0_Shipment_R1H_CU AOM_901046 R1H_LLSV1_2008031", and I just want to extract LLSV1, but I dont get the expected result when using the sed command below. # echo "CP_STATUS OSSRC_R6_0_Shipment_R1H_CU AOM_901046 R1H_LLSV1_2008031" | awk '{print... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: racbern
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace the last pattern using sed?

myfile: AAAaaa BBBbbb CCCccc AAAeee DDDddd how to replace the last AAA as EEEEE using sed? like this: AAAaaa BBBbbb CCCccc EEEEEeee DDDddd (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: vistastar
14 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed replace after pattern help needed

Hello, I have a file with multiple lines like this: /film/4295/"_class="titre_article">50/50I would like to change all occurence of / after > with _ to have this: /film/4295/"_class="titre_article">50_50Thank you edit: This could also be change all / starting with the 4th occurrence... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: patx
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace everything but pattern in a line using sed

I have a file with multiple lines like this: <junk><PATTERN><junk><PATTERN><junk> <junk><PATTERN><junk><PATTERN><junk><PATTERN><junk> Note that 1. There might be variable number occurrences of PATTERN in a line. 2. <> are just placeholders, they do not form part of the pattern. I need... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: flatley
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to replace two character pattern with another pattern

Not able to paste my content. Please see the attachment :-( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed find/replace a pattern, but not this one..

I've got a file like so: ...lots of lines, etc. push "route 10.8.0.0 255.255.255.0" push "route 192.168.1.123 255.255.255.0" ...lots of lines, etc. I want to sed find/replace the IP address in the second line, whatever it is, with a new IP address, but I don't want to touch the first line.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DaHai
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - Search and replace within pattern

Hi Guys! Unix newbie here! Have a requirement for which I have been scouting the forums for a solution but has been out of luck so far :( I have a file which contains the following:- TEST1|TEST2|"TEST3|1@!2"|TEST5 My sed command should result in either one the following output:-... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hishamzz
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

sed replace pattern

I have a file with multiple lines, all in the same format. For each line, I need to replace the sequence of digits after the last : with a new value, but keep the single quote at the end of the line. Example: Input: ( two lines of file) Name: 'text1:200/text2:1.2.3.4' Name2:... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: Beginner101
19 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find pattern and replace using sed

Hi, i want to replace the following lines in such a way that if the word merge exists in first column it must replace the 3rd column as M and if parse exists in first column then the last column must P, if neither it must mark it as X. I have tried the solution using awk, but it is saying... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: charlie87
6 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)