Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: loading subsets
Operating Systems AIX loading subsets Post 302222532 by shockneck on Thursday 7th of August 2008 02:16:21 AM
Old 08-07-2008
You can update to the latest level at once.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

how to download and install the following subsets to my UNIX system?

To install C++ complier to my UNIX workstation, I was asked to have the following subsets already in the OSF OSFBASEnnn OSFPGMRnnn OSFCMPLRSnnn OSFINCLUDEnnn CXLLIBAnnn OSFDCMTnnn Where could I find those subsets to load into my UNIX system? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nomen
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

TCP/IP Not Entirely Loading

When our SCO UNIXWARE 7.4 System starts up we receive the following log indicating that its not loading successfully. I have pasted the txt file for review. Can someone please help? UX:S69inet: INFO: The following commands ran from /etc/init.d/inetinits This command will link the TCP/IP... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yorgy
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Function loading in a shell scripting like class loading in java

Like class loader in java, can we make a function loader in shell script, for this can someone throw some light on how internally bash runs a shell script , what happenes in runtime ... thanks in advance.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mpsc_sela
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selecting lowest and highest values in columns 1 and 2, based on subsets in column 3

Hi, I have a file with the following columns: 361459 447394 CHL1 290282 290282 CHL1 361459 447394 CHL1 361459 447394 CHL1 178352861 178363529 AGA 178352861 178363529 AGA 178363657 178363657 AGA Essentially, using CHL1 as an example. For any line that has CHL1 in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hubleo
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk data subsets manipulation

Hi, I'm working on a data file with the following structure val1,val2,flag 214.7332983,979.0259,1 12.87435571,205.7679,1 1.365976384,19.01616,1 44.08584096,205.7679,2 7.034721792,383.8778,2 189.5685503,979.0259,2 1.96352032,19.01616,2 where the field 'flag' identifies different... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linoleum
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing a column and extracting subsets

Please help with this.. my file sizes exceed 40GB,,not possible to do manually. I have a string in the 2nd column that has strings like 5M108N31M, 3S2M100N45M4S etc..the first column is a number. There can be 0,1 or 2 number of S but only 1,2 Ms and only 1 N. S only occurs at the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritakadm
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Break up file into n number of subsets and run in parallel

Hi Guys, I want to break down one of my input files into say 25 parts , run the same script in parallel and then merge the output into a single script. I have access to computing resources that can deal with 25 files, if I just run the original file the total time is about 15 days every time.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gina.lizar
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

When loading Linux "loading please wait.." then nothing?

Hi everyone, I have a problem but I have never installed a separate OS before so my lingo and understanding may not be as good as some of you. I will try and explain my problem best I can. I am trying to instead of loading Windows 7 when my computer starts up, for it to start linux specifically... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: markhow30
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove lines that are subsets of other lines in File

Hello everyone, Although it seems easy, I've been stuck with this problem for a moment now and I can't figure out a way to get it done. My problem is the following: I have a file where each line is a sequence of IP addresses, example : 10.0.0.1 10.0.0.2 10.0.0.5 10.0.0.1 10.0.0.2... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: MisterJellyBean
5 Replies
BUNDLE-UPDATE(1)														  BUNDLE-UPDATE(1)

NAME
bundle-update - Update your gems to the latest available versions SYNOPSIS
bundle update *gems [--source=NAME] DESCRIPTION
Update the gems specified (all gems, if none are specified), ignoring the previously installed gems specified in the Gemfile.lock. In gen- eral, you should use bundle install(1) bundle-install.1.html to install the same exact gems and versions across machines. You would use bundle update to explicitly update the version of a gem. OPTIONS
--source=<name> The name of a :git or :path source used in the Gemfile(5). For instance, with a :git source of http://github.com/rails/rails.git, you would call bundle update --source rails UPDATING ALL GEMS
If you run bundle update with no parameters, bundler will ignore any previously installed gems and resolve all dependencies again based on the latest versions of all gems available in the sources. Consider the following Gemfile(5): source "https://rubygems.org" gem "rails", "3.0.0.rc" gem "nokogiri" When you run bundle install(1) bundle-install.1.html the first time, bundler will resolve all of the dependencies, all the way down, and install what you need: Fetching source index for https://rubygems.org/ Installing rake (10.0.2) Installing abstract (1.0.0) Installing activesupport (3.0.0.rc) Installing builder (2.1.2) Installing i18n (0.4.1) Installing activemodel (3.0.0.rc) Installing erubis (2.6.6) Installing rack (1.2.1) Installing rack-mount (0.6.9) Installing rack-test (0.5.4) Installing tzinfo (0.3.22) Installing actionpack (3.0.0.rc) Installing mime-types (1.16) Installing polyglot (0.3.1) Installing treetop (1.4.8) Installing mail (2.2.5) Installing actionmailer (3.0.0.rc) Installing arel (0.4.0) Installing activerecord (3.0.0.rc) Installing activeresource (3.0.0.rc) Installing bundler (1.0.0.rc.3) Installing nokogiri (1.4.3.1) with native extensions Installing thor (0.14.0) Installing railties (3.0.0.rc) Installing rails (3.0.0.rc) Your bundle is complete! Use `bundle show [gemname]` to see where a bundled gem is installed. As you can see, even though you have just two gems in the Gemfile(5), your application actually needs 25 different gems in order to run. Bundler remembers the exact versions it installed in Gemfile.lock. The next time you run bundle install(1) bundle-install.1.html, bundler skips the dependency resolution and installs the same gems as it installed last time. After checking in the Gemfile.lock into version control and cloning it on another machine, running bundle install(1) bundle-install.1.html will still install the gems that you installed last time. You don't need to worry that a new release of erubis or mail changes the gems you use. However, from time to time, you might want to update the gems you are using to the newest versions that still match the gems in your Gem- file(5). To do this, run bundle update, which will ignore the Gemfile.lock, and resolve all the dependencies again. Keep in mind that this process can result in a significantly different set of the 25 gems, based on the requirements of new gems that the gem authors released since the last time you ran bundle update. UPDATING A LIST OF GEMS
Sometimes, you want to update a single gem in the Gemfile(5), and leave the rest of the gems that you specified locked to the versions in the Gemfile.lock. For instance, in the scenario above, imagine that nokogiri releases version 1.4.4, and you want to update it without updating Rails and all of its dependencies. To do this, run bundle update nokogiri. Bundler will update nokogiri and any of its dependencies, but leave alone Rails and its dependencies. OVERLAPPING DEPENDENCIES
Sometimes, multiple gems declared in your Gemfile(5) are satisfied by the same second-level dependency. For instance, consider the case of thin and rack-perftools-profiler. source "https://rubygems.org" gem "thin" gem "rack-perftools-profiler" The thin gem depends on rack >= 1.0, while rack-perftools-profiler depends on rack ~> 1.0. If you run bundle install, you get: Fetching source index for https://rubygems.org/ Installing daemons (1.1.0) Installing eventmachine (0.12.10) with native extensions Installing open4 (1.0.1) Installing perftools.rb (0.4.7) with native extensions Installing rack (1.2.1) Installing rack-perftools_profiler (0.0.2) Installing thin (1.2.7) with native extensions Using bundler (1.0.0.rc.3) In this case, the two gems have their own set of dependencies, but they share rack in common. If you run bundle update thin, bundler will update daemons, eventmachine and rack, which are dependencies of thin, but not open4 or perftools.rb, which are dependencies of rack-perftools_profiler. Note that bundle update thin will update rack even though it's also a dependency of rack-perftools_profiler. In short, when you update a gem using bundle update, bundler will update all dependencies of that gem, including those that are also depen- dencies of another gem. In this scenario, updating the thin version manually in the Gemfile(5), and then running bundle install(1) bundle-install.1.html will only update daemons and eventmachine, but not rack. For more information, see the CONSERVATIVE UPDATING section of bundle install(1) bun- dle-install.1.html. RECOMMENDED WORKFLOW
In general, when working with an application managed with bundler, you should use the following workflow: o After you create your Gemfile(5) for the first time, run $ bundle install o Check the resulting Gemfile.lock into version control $ git add Gemfile.lock o When checking out this repository on another development machine, run $ bundle install o When checking out this repository on a deployment machine, run $ bundle install --deployment o After changing the Gemfile(5) to reflect a new or update dependency, run $ bundle install o Make sure to check the updated Gemfile.lock into version control $ git add Gemfile.lock o If bundle install(1) bundle-install.1.html reports a conflict, manually update the specific gems that you changed in the Gemfile(5) $ bundle update rails thin o If you want to update all the gems to the latest possible versions that still match the gems listed in the Gemfile(5), run $ bundle update March 2013 BUNDLE-UPDATE(1)