Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mailx command not working
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Mailx command not working Post 302222529 by Amey Joshi on Thursday 7th of August 2008 02:11:37 AM
Old 08-07-2008
Thanks for your immedatie reply!

While searching , i have found out "mutt' command...
"nail" is generally used in the Linux...While searching in the google i found out that in Linux " instead of using 'mailx' command,use 'nail'..and it is working fine..only the problem is that we have to press 'control +D ' after the 'nail' command...

I tried using '/dev/null' ..no need to use 'control +D'..but i am not getting th mail.. Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mailx -s not working right

I have set up in Solaris to email me and I received emails on the OS level. However, I don't get the mail in my MS Outlook. Please advise. Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: simt
3 Replies

2. Solaris

mailx is not working.......

Hi All, I am working with solaris 5.9 servers.After some patch installation my mailx is not working in the server.I am using IBM Lotus Notes. Please help me to solve this issue (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx not working

Hi All, I am strugging with mailx. I have a shell script which triggers mail when executed. I have mailx utility installed in system under /usr/bin/mailx but still when that script executes i am not getting mails..any idea why strange behaviour..? Tha:(nks in advance Usha (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: usha rao
2 Replies

4. Solaris

mailx not working

i am supporting a server running Solaris 5.6.I don't know if the mail is configured on this server. i ran the following commands and got the corresponding output. #which mailx /usr/bin/mailx #ps -ef | grep sendmail root 601 1 0 Jan 10 ? 0:01 /usr/lib/sendmail... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asalman.qazi
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx: How to send a attachment using mailx command

Hi All, Can anyone please provide the command for sending an mail with attachment using mailx command. Thanks in Advance :) Regards, Siram. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sriram.Vedula53
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx -s is not working

Hello, I have two unix boxes.. One of the unix box version is Linux iduxlys 2.6.18-92.el5 #1 SMP Tue Apr 29 13:16:15 EDT 2008 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux I have shell script which has the below script. cat xyz.log|mailx -s "export is Successful" \ xyz.xyz@xyz The above... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: govindts
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx is not working

i have a file.i want to get that file to my mail.mail services are running.but still i didn't receive the mail. i have used this command. mailx -s file1 muraliinfy04@gmail.com < file2.txt.can anybody help me.it's urgent.I am new to unix. actually file1 i have directed to a file2.txt (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx command not working in the script

when i am using Mailx command from AIX box, i am getting the following errors : uuencode: not found. mailx: not found. but when i executed the mailx command as shown below it worked cat /etc/hosts | mailx -v -s "test email" user@server.com It works fine in the production server. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pyaranoid
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx not working on Linux

Hi, telnet localhost 25 Trying ::1... Connected to localhost. Escape character is '^]'. 220 TechBun ESMTP Postfix This command echo "hi" | mail -v me@mycomp.com does not send mail to my inbox and i get the below output. Upon investigation i saw this log file tail -f... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Mailx stopped working

after a new patch set on the 14th. I noticed that mailx stopped working, as far a I can tell that is the only thing that changed. solaris 10 OS it seems everything is the same, sendmail seems to be running root@server # ps -ef | grep -i sendmail smmsp 687 1 0 10:42:25 ? ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: goya
0 Replies
mutt(1) 							   User Manuals 							   mutt(1)

NAME
mutt - The Mutt Mail User Agent SYNOPSIS
mutt [-nRyzZ] [-e cmd] [-F file] [-m type] [-f file] mutt [-nx] [-e cmd] [-a file] [-F file] [-H file] [-i file] [-s subj] [-b addr] [-c addr] addr [...] mutt [-n] [-e cmd] [-F file] -p mutt -v[v] DESCRIPTION
Mutt is a small but very powerful text based program for reading electronic mail under unix operating systems, including support color ter- minals, MIME, and a threaded sorting mode. OPTIONS
-a file Attach a file to your message using MIME. -b address Specify a blind-carbon-copy (BCC) recipient -c address Specify a carbon-copy (CC) recipient -e command Specify a configuration command to be run after processing of initialization files. -f mailbox Specify which mailbox to load. -F muttrc Specify an initialization file to read instead of ~/.muttrc -h Display help. -H draft Specify a draft file which contains header and body to use to send a message. -i include Specify a file to include into the body of a message. -m type specify a default mailbox type -n Causes Mutt to bypass the system configuration file. -p Resume a postponed message. -R Open a mailbox in read-only mode. -s subject Specify the subject of the message. -v Display the Mutt version number and compile-time definitions. -x Emulate the mailx compose mode. -y Start Mutt with a listing of all mailboxes specified by the mailboxes command. -z When used with -f, causes Mutt not to start if there are no messages in the mailbox. -Z Causes Mutt to open the first mailbox specified by the mailboxes command which contains new mail. ENVIRONMENT
EDITOR Editor to invoke when composing a message. EMAIL The user's e-mail address. HOME Full path of the user's home directory. MAIL Full path of the user's spool mailbox. MAILDIR Full path of the user's spool mailbox. Commonly used when the spool mailbox is a maildir (5) folder. MAILCAPS Path to search for mailcap files. MM_NOASK If this variable is set, mailcap are always used without prompting first. PGPPATH Directory in which the user's PGP public keyring can be found. TMPDIR Directory in which temporary files are created. REPLYTO Default Reply-To address. VISUAL Editor to invoke when the ~v command is given in the builtin editor. FILES
~/.muttrc or ~/.mutt/muttrc User configuration file. /etc/Muttrc System-wide configuration file. /tmp/muttXXXXXX Temporary files created by Mutt. ~/.mailcap User definition for handling non-text MIME types. /etc/mailcap System definition for handing non-text MIME types. ~/.mime.types User's personal mapping between MIME types and file extensions. /etc/mime.types System mapping between MIME types and file extensions. /usr/bin/mutt_dotlock The privileged dotlocking program. /usr/share/doc/mutt-1.4/manual.txt The Mutt manual. BUGS
None. Mutts have fleas, not bugs. FLEAS
Suspend/resume while editing a file with an external editor does not work under SunOS 4.x if you use the curses lib in /usr/5lib. It does work with the S-Lang library, however. Resizing the screen while using an external pager causes Mutt to go haywire on some systems. suspend/resume does not work under Ultrix. The help line for the index menu is not updated if you change the bindings for one of the functions listed while Mutt is running. For a more up-to-date list of bugs, errm, fleas, please visit the mutt project's bug tracking system under http://bugs.guug.de/. To report a bug, please use the flea(1) program. NO WARRANTIES
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MER- CHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. SEE ALSO
curses(3), flea(1), mailcap(5), maildir(5), mbox(5), mutt_dotlock(1), muttrc(5), ncurses(3), sendmail(1), smail(1) Mutt Home Page: http://www.mutt.org/ The Mutt manual The GNU General Public License. AUTHOR
Michael Elkins, and others. Use <mutt-dev@mutt.org> to contact the developers. Unix June 2001 mutt(1)